Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248471 times)

Offline Jaky

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #3100 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 10:22:31 »
poker 2 red | shine 3 (yellow) brown | corsair K70 blue
 ^_^ zinc keys <3

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3101 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 23:07:32 »
Giving away a custom Tie dye QFR case top that I did for the QFR top contest.  I had some fun with this one and while it is far from perfect, it looks the part and from more than a couple inches away, you can't see any flaws.  This is actually tie dyed cloth bonded to the top of a sanded case top.  The top was sanded significantly to get more clearance for the caps once the cloth was bonded.  (does not include the caps or actual keyboard). 

I will not be giving this to the first to respond, but will take all those interested and do a random drawing for the winner tomorrow morning.  I will pay for shipping in the Conus, but if someone wants to pay for shipping outside the US, I will give you that option. 

64520-0

64522-1

64524-2
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #3102 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 23:10:27 »
what did you use to bond the cloth to the case?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3103 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 23:13:00 »
what did you use to bond the cloth to the case?

3M Heavy duty headliner adhesive.  It is meant to glue cloth to metal or plastic without making the cloth lose its softness or texture. 

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3104 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 23:16:43 »
I'm interested! that looks awesome. (Also, if I win, I'll cover shipping. It's awesome enough that you're giving it away)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #3105 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 23:19:51 »
Actually looks pretty cool o.ob

Offline dragonxx21

« Reply #3106 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 00:08:57 »
Giving away a custom Tie dye QFR case top that I did for the QFR top contest.  I had some fun with this one and while it is far from perfect, it looks the part and from more than a couple inches away, you can't see any flaws.  This is actually tie dyed cloth bonded to the top of a sanded case top.  The top was sanded significantly to get more clearance for the caps once the cloth was bonded.  (does not include the caps or actual keyboard). 

I will not be giving this to the first to respond, but will take all those interested and do a random drawing for the winner tomorrow morning.  I will pay for shipping in the Conus, but if someone wants to pay for shipping outside the US, I will give you that option. 

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Oh wow, I'm pretty sure I saw your thread in the anniversary section about this thing. It looks amazing and I'd definitely be interested in it joining a drawing for it :P
Keyboards Owned:

Realforce Topre 91 Key JIS Profile - Main
CM Quickfire Rapid Blue Switches
IBM Model M in Industrial Shell

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #3107 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 00:53:07 »
Thats awesome! I'm also in and will also cover shipping if I win!  Now to fix the mini usb port on my qfr...
Hi :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3108 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 02:34:58 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Really cool!  I'm not interested as I don't have a QFR, but this is both a really cool looking case top and really generous of you.  I love the way that thing looks.   :thumb:

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #3109 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 06:22:05 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

That looks really cool, actually. count me in.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline jorgenslee

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3110 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 07:27:08 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Wow... I would really love to have that. If you would give me that chance, my wife would be happy to have her qfr wear that fascinating art.

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #3111 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 13:46:02 »
My girlfriend would love that Tye Dye case, she's been complaining to me about getting a more pretty keyboard..

In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3112 on: Tue, 13 May 2014, 14:03:50 »
Ok, drawing is done.  Winner is exitfire401.  Congrats.  Thank you everyone for the interest.

Please pm me your shipping info and I will have this in the mail on Thursday. 

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3113 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:42:01 »
Ok, so, it's time for another giveaway!

This time it is a 6" usb to mini usb sleeved in white.  Pretty basic, but it's free.

Winner will be the the 11th person to respond in this thread that they want the cable. - max of 3 responses per person. 

This one will be for Conus only and will include shipping  :thumb:

64733-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:48:25 by Badwrench »

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #3114 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:43:06 »
Could one respond multiple times?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3115 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:47:06 »
yup - lets go max of 3 responses.
 updated op
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:48:38 by Badwrench »

Offline kohi

« Reply #3116 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:48:33 »
yup - lets go max of 3 responses.

haha imagine all the spam, I want the cable :confused:
... wait so does this reply count as the 1st...or 2nd reply? lol
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 May 2014, 14:52:06 by hojunski »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3117 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:16:29 »
What is happening to GH?  Something neat and free - and only 1 response? :p

This is not a response as I am international.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3118 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:18:15 »
My girlfriend would love that Tye Dye case, she's been complaining to me about getting a more pretty keyboard..

That's funny, because I was entering for my fiance. Looks like she's getting a QFR now haha.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline inteli722

« Reply #3119 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:23:06 »
oh man, I want this, but I'm not sure if it'll reach 11 soon... D:
More

Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues

Offline kohi

« Reply #3120 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:26:03 »

haha ikr, maybe they're all waiting till the 10th person replies
and it's funny cause the rubber sleeving thing on the stock USB cable that i got for one of my keyboards ripped a few days ago cause I accidentally closed a macbook pro on it when it was caught on the corner.. looks messed up, but it still works. I was gonna buy a sleeved cable to replace it, but you know...hopefully lol

(same, this is not an entry, I get 2 replies toooooo)
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:32:15 by hojunski »

Offline inteli722

« Reply #3121 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:31:02 »

haha ikr, maybe they're all waiting till the 10th person replies
and it's funny cause the rubber sleeving thing on the stock USB cable that i got for one of my keyboards ripped a few days ago cause I accidentally closed a macbook pro on it when it was caught on the corner.. looks messed up, but it still works. I was gonna buy a sleeved cable to replace it, but you know...hopefully lol

You know they are (This is not an entrance, Badwrench. I still have 2 left :P )
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3122 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:48:56 »

This time it is a 6" usb to mini usb sleeved in white.  Pretty basic, but it's free.

Winner will be the the 11th person to respond in this thread that they want the cable. - max of 3 responses per person. 

(Attachment Link)

Here's a response for ya.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3123 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:55:11 »
what?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3124 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:55:47 »
is this?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3125 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:56:18 »
for?

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #3126 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 15:59:38 »
I'll take those 3 posts as one response

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3127 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:07:00 »

(Attachment Link)

On the fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the eleventh, when no living creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a Question will be asked, a question that must never, ever be answered.

SILENCE WILL FALL

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3128 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:08:35 »
cable?

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #3129 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:09:55 »
"“We made a most imposing and awe-inspiring spectacle as we strung out across the yellow landscape; the two hundred and fifty ornate and brightly colored chariots, preceded by an advance guard of some two hundred mounted warriors and chieftans riding five abreast and one hundred yards apart, and followed by a like number in the same formation, with a score or more of flankers on either side; the fifty extra mastadons, or heavy draught animals, known as zitidars, and the five or six hundred extra thoats of the warriors running loose within the hollow square formed by the surrounding warriors. The gleaming metal and jewels of the gorgeous ornaments of the men and women, duplicated in the trappings of the zitidars and thoats, and interspersed with the flashing colors of magnificent silks and furs and feathers, lent a barbaric splendor to the caravan which would have turned an East Indian potentate green with envy.

“The enormous broad tires of the chariots and the padded feet of the animals brought forth no sound from the moss-covered sea bottom; and so we moved in utter silence, like some huge phantasmagoria, except when the stillness was broken by the gutteral growling of a goaded zitidar, or the squealing of fighting thoats. The green Martians converse but little, and then usually in monosyllables, low and like the faint rumbling of distant thunder.

“We traversed a trackless waste of moss which, bending to the pressure of broad tire or padded foot, rose up again behind us, leaving no sign that we had passed. We might indeed have been the wraiths of the departed dead upon the dead sea of that dying planet for all the sound or sign we made in passing. It was the first march of a large body of men and animals I had ever witnessed which raised no dust and left no spoor; for there is no dust upon Mars except in the cultivated districts during the winter months, and even then the absence of high winds renders it almost unnoticeable. "

There must be cable.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #3130 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:11:38 »
cable?

Offline roaming pear

• THE Roaming Pear
« Reply #3131 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:13:11 »
I need to go give a ride to someone so by the time I come back I'm sure this will be gone.  (gotta give love otherwise the world won't keep moving without it)  I would love to have it, but I'm going to give up my 3 responses in this one post. 

I want it

I want it

I want it..
Does anyone have any accessories or key caps or other poker 2 related things lying around that they are not using?  I don't mind taking it off your hands if you no longer want it...

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3132 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:13:40 »
Cablesoft?

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #3133 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:13:45 »
cable pls

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #3134 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:13:58 »
He had been impressed and a little frightened by the contrast between seeing ballet on stange, where everyone seemed to either glide or mince effortlessly on the tips of their pointes. and seeing it from less than five feet away, with harsh daylight pouring in the floor-to-ceiling windows and no music- only the choreographer rythmically clapping his hands and yelling harsh criticisms. No praise, only criticisms. Their faces ran with sweat. Their leotards were wet with sweat. The room, as large and airy as it way, stank of sweat. Sleek muscles trembled and fluttered on the nervous edge of exhaustion. Corded tendons stood out like insulated cables.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3135 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:14:20 »
Tie me up with the cable! Plz ;)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #3136 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:14:31 »
I wantz cablerino

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3137 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:16:28 »
I think there be some cheaters here.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #3138 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:17:28 »
I think there be some cheaters here.

I only posted twice. 

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #3139 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:17:36 »
I don't want a cable. :3

And hasn't it been past 11 posts? Or did they have to say "I want a cable"? :p
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #3140 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:18:41 »
I need a cable

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline inteli722

« Reply #3141 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:18:46 »
I WANT DA CABLE
More

Offline kohi

« Reply #3142 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:19:04 »
cable?

Offline kohi

« Reply #3143 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:19:48 »
yeah its over lol, i dont even know what happened

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #3144 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:20:57 »
i'm sure he'll have some fun sorting this out when he gets back on  :p

Offline kohi

« Reply #3145 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:21:42 »
i'm sure he'll have some fun sorting this out when he gets back on  :p

lololol madness

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3146 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:24:59 »
CABLE!

Offline inteli722

« Reply #3147 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:40:43 »
gib cable pls

More

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3148 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 16:48:56 »
Sorry guys, was a bit distracted with being evacuated and all.  Fire only a block away from me.  They just canceled it, but there are 5 other fires in a 15 mile radius near me.  Yay. 

Give me a few to figure this thread out. 

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3149 on: Wed, 14 May 2014, 17:20:14 »
Winner is inteli722!  This was tough, but I went with posts that specified a cable.

Bonus prize for Tarzan for the creative references to cables without actually specifying you wanted a cable.  :thumb:

Pms incoming.