Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248501 times)

Offline iloveucla

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #3350 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:01:55 »
Does anyone have a working model m cable? I just got a model m with no cable.... :-[
Thanks!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3351 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:11:37 »
Does anyone have a working model m cable? I just got a model m with no cable.... :-[
Thanks!

If you don't end up finding one for free in this thread and need to buy one, you'll want to look for an SDL cable*.  You can buy them fairly readily if it comes down to it, though they're not super cheap.

*Unless there's another possible cable for Model Ms that I'm not aware of?

Offline iloveucla

« Reply #3352 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:13:43 »
Thanks!

If you don't end up finding one for free in this thread and need to buy one, you'll want to look for an SDL cable*.  You can buy them fairly readily if it comes down to it, though they're not super cheap.

Yeah, I think I will order one from unicomp if I cant find anything here, I just wanna know if someone has a very old but still working cable so I can test it out before I buy the cable.

Edit: I just got one accidentally today, $34 shipped without cable, 401 1992 model m, I am very new to the model m world, I just find out it use SDL cable"I believe"....
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:17:13 by iloveucla »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3353 on: Tue, 17 June 2014, 19:30:12 »
Thanks!

Yeah, I think I will order one from unicomp if I cant find anything here, I just wanna know if someone has a very old but still working cable so I can test it out before I buy the cable.

Edit: I just got one accidentally today, $34 shipped without cable, 401 1992 model m, I am very new to the model m world, I just find out it use SDL cable"I believe"....

Cables from orihalcon are VERY highly recommended:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-to-SDL-6-Pin-6ft-IBM-Lexmark-Unicomp-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-Cable-NEW-/271367683396
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEIGE-USB-to-SDL-6-Pin-6ft-IBM-Lexmark-Unicomp-Model-M-Clicky-Keyboard-Cable-NEW-/271470078682?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f34e0aada
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline badloop

« Reply #3354 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 12:08:28 »
OK, I have a set of all white blanks from this group buy (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=31861.0), however I am missing the non-stepped caps-lock and 2.25 right shift key.  These are IMSTO thick PBT... ideally what I would want is a full grey IMSTO modifier set, but really any color of IMSTO thick PBT would be nice so I could have a complete set.

I know its a long shot, just thought I'd see if anyone out there has anything.  Hit me up on here or I idle in the IRC channel all the time.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 15:03:43 by badloop »
PBT FTW

Offline roaming pear

• THE Roaming Pear
« Reply #3355 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:31:43 »
Anyone have a dell inspiron laptop charger?
Does anyone have any accessories or key caps or other poker 2 related things lying around that they are not using?  I don't mind taking it off your hands if you no longer want it...

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3356 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 16:09:28 »

You'll need to be more specific than that -- huge wide range of chargers that work with different inspirons.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3357 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 16:18:14 »

You'll need to be more specific than that -- huge wide range of chargers that work with different inspirons.

Are you sure about that? My charger for an insprion I got in 2004 works with the one I got in 2012

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3358 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:07:51 »

Are you sure about that? My charger for an insprion I got in 2004 works with the one I got in 2012

Maybe I just have the weird instance then -- The last inspiron I had was a 5100, and the connector isn't even physically the same as inspirons from today.

You also need to be aware of the specifications of the ac adapter. The output voltage needs to be the same, and the current needs to be the same or greater (I think).
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3359 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:11:57 »
When using a 60 watt power supply from the old laptop with the new one, it still worked but every time I plugged it in it said that 90 watt would be ideal but not necessary. So as long as the plugs the same, they should work. Hell, I even used HP power supplies on the dell and it worked no problems

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3360 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 17:48:47 »
When using a 60 watt power supply from the old laptop with the new one, it still worked but every time I plugged it in it said that 90 watt would be ideal but not necessary. So as long as the plugs the same, they should work. Hell, I even used HP power supplies on the dell and it worked no problems

I'm glad it's worked out well for you. Just keep in mind that it's not always safe to use a different ac adapter, particularly if the voltage is wrong. Some devices have a wide enough voltage range that a slightly different voltage range is acceptable, but not necessarily will any adapter that physically fits work. In terms of current, you need a current rating high enough to provide the necessary energy to run the machine. For safety, you should always use a current rating high enough to provide the necessary power (watts, W = V * A). Because the voltage needs to be the same, this means you need a current equal to or greater than the original current on the ac adapter.

A message saying a higher watt power supply is recommended would be related to the fact that ac adapters are rated with maximum output specifications. An adapter rated for 90w (example 4.74A) can supply 60w (ex. 3.16A) without trouble, but if the system attached to it requires 80w for a period of time (it's being stressed for some reason), a 60w supply can't safely meet that demand.

It's great that you haven't had any issues, but the physical fit is one of the last things you should be worried about. I or another user may have an adapter that works for roaming pear, but I personally wouldn't feel comfortable sending one unless I knew I was sending something that wasn't liable to fry something or start a fire.

Offline blighty

« Reply #3361 on: Thu, 19 June 2014, 18:24:03 »

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xdell+inspiron+charger&_nkw=dell+inspiron+charger&_sacat=0&_from=R40

More than likely you can get one for under $10 shipped.  Even if someone had a spare, shipping would be $5 or $6.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline combataran

Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #3362 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 07:21:39 »
Edit: sorry wrong thread
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline xAznxStylezx

« Reply #3363 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 21:11:30 »
Does anyone happen to have these keycaps I could have?
4x White PBT 1.25 Mods
1x White PBT 2.75 Shift (Right shift)

My order of white PBT banggood keycaps shipped with a 84 key set so I'm missing those 5 keycaps until I have a full set ):

Either those.. or a full set of PBT mods, but I'm assuming this is more unlikely haha.

Located in Canada.

Thanks.

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3364 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 21:14:24 »
4x White PBT 1.25 Mods

My order of white PBT banggood keycaps shipped with a 84 key set so I'm missing those 5 keycaps until I have a full set ):

Either those.. or a full set of PBT mods, but I'm assuming this is more unlikely haha.

Located in Canada.

Thanks.

I assume OEM?

Offline xAznxStylezx

« Reply #3365 on: Fri, 20 June 2014, 22:10:58 »
4x White PBT 1.25 Mods

Located in Canada.

Thanks.

I assume OEM?

Yeah, I believe they're OEM profile.
The ones that arrived are http://www.banggood.com/84-White-Blank-Set-PBT-Key-Caps-For-Cherry-MX-Switch-p-83642.html

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3366 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 00:15:07 »
4x White PBT 1.25 Mods

Located in Canada.

Thanks.

I assume OEM?

The ones that arrived are http://www.banggood.com/84-White-Blank-Set-PBT-Key-Caps-For-Cherry-MX-Switch-p-83642.html

You may consider getting these: http://www.banggood.com/Keycool-PBT-Multicolor-Top-Or-Side-Or-Blank-Laser-Engraving-Keycap-p-84137.html

They are pretty good for the price.  I have a set of the blanks on my keyboard now.  I do OEM bottom row with my Cherry profile Thick IMSTO PBTs because the OEM bottom row matches the spacebar profile better.  Its another option anyway...

Offline xAznxStylezx

« Reply #3367 on: Sat, 21 June 2014, 16:35:01 »
4x White PBT 1.25 Mods

Located in Canada.

Thanks.

I assume OEM?

You may consider getting these: http://www.banggood.com/Keycool-PBT-Multicolor-Top-Or-Side-Or-Blank-Laser-Engraving-Keycap-p-84137.html

They are pretty good for the price.  I have a set of the blanks on my keyboard now.  I do OEM bottom row with my Cherry profile Thick IMSTO PBTs because the OEM bottom row matches the spacebar profile better.  Its another option anyway...

Ah, yeah I've seen those. I was looking to have all my mods the same color.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3368 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 21:30:10 »
Anybody have an extra wire keycap puller I can use? I left mine in storage back at school and I'm getting the Penumbra set soon :( I will of course pay for shipping and ship it back to you after I get back to school!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3369 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 21:33:01 »
Anybody have an extra wire keycap puller I can use? I left mine in storage back at school and I'm getting the Penumbra set soon :( I will of course pay for shipping and ship it back to you after I get back to school!

You can buy a brandnew piwce on Ebay for like $5

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3370 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 21:34:31 »

make one yourself? Unfortuantly I gave my spare to a friend to use on his first mech

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3371 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 21:38:49 »

I got you. PM me.

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #3372 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 21:44:30 »

I got you. PM me.

thank you <3

@pacifist: the thought of swapping 87 keycaps with crappy homemade paper clip pullers is just terrible x.x i'm back in norcal for now though~

Offline PublicAnarchism

« Reply #3373 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 22:59:30 »
Anybody got a OTG cable? I am wanting to use my mech with my nexus.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3374 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 23:19:31 »

I know this isn't quite the nature of this thread, but I got my OTG cable quite cheap, less than $5 if I recall correctly.  Or is that not an option given your location or something?

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #3375 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 23:21:14 »

I know this isn't quite the nature of this thread, but I got my OTG cable quite cheap, less than $5 if I recall correctly.  Or is that not an option given your location or something?
There was even a thread posted just a couple days ago...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Micro-USB-Male-To-Female-OTG-Cable-for-Micro-USB-Phones-Tablets-MB97-/261450192337?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cables_Adapters&hash=item3cdfa555d1
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline intelli78

« Reply #3376 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 12:19:14 »
^ Yup, less than a dollar shipped to the USA. Many of the low priced USB OTG cables on eBay somehow show <$1 shipped on the search page but don't actually have free shipping. Not sure how those sellers have hacked the eBay search results. But that cable really is less than $1 shipped.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #3377 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 23:56:29 »
Anyone have spare GMK PBT keycaps (Esc, F keys, and Number Row)? I need for a little project, let me know. Thank you!  :thumb:

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #3378 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 00:00:37 »
Not much giving lately, in the spirit of summer sales, a Eets Munchies Steam Key, one letter removed to fool bots
5PYVQ8TUGNJ07F9

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3379 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:27:24 »
Anyone have spare GMK PBT keycaps (Esc, F keys, and Number Row)? I need for a little project, let me know. Thank you!  :thumb:

You mean BSP, GMK only produces ABS ;)

Offline SSIPAK

• * Maker
  • ★ Bootlegcaps ★
« Reply #3380 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 03:54:14 »

oh my bad, yes BSP PBT. Thanks for your correction! :)

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #3381 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 10:15:33 »
Anybody have 7x wires that they don't need? I have plenty of stabs just need some 7x luv

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #3382 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 17:57:30 »
110 matias quiet click switches. fcfs cost of shipping only (like 5$ domestic). i can always buy more when we get a board design together, but darned if i want to move switches that have been sitting for 10 months :P

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3383 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:22:42 »

Im not familiar wirh cap models yet, but if this what the Quickfire Rapud has I can send you some

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3384 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 18:35:14 »

Im not familiar wirh cap models yet, but if this what the Quickfire Rapud has I can send you some

QFR is OEM profile ABS.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3385 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:22:59 »
110 matias quiet click switches. fcfs cost of shipping only (like 5$ domestic). i can always buy more when we get a board design together, but darned if i want to move switches that have been sitting for 10 months :P

If you are giving these away for the cost of shipping I will take them...  :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3386 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:24:43 »

If you are giving these away for the cost of shipping I will take them...  :)

Damn my slowness.  An awesome and generous freebie.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #3387 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:35:25 »
I'm not sure what to do with the 87 brown switches I desoldered from my WASD. They were only used for a few months and should still be in a fairly good condition. If anyone wants them I suppose I could ship them :)

Offline intelli78

« Reply #3388 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:38:17 »
I'm not sure what to do with the 87 brown switches I desoldered from my WASD. They were only used for a few months and should still be in a fairly good condition. If anyone wants them I suppose I could ship them :)

Generous!
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3389 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:38:48 »

I'd be interested in them.  If anyone wants the stems and springs, feel free to send those on.  I really just need the housings for the pink stems I got from China.

On an unrelated note, since I'm tired of all the "does anyone have x" posts and the relative dearth of giveaways, I'm giving away a Skully and Ba'man cap to two people of my choosing in any color(s) of their choice to two people who have given anything keyboard related away for free in the past 15 pages.  Just PM me if you'd like to be considered and include a link to your post.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:41:47 by nubbinator »

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #3390 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:41:11 »

I'd be interested in them.  If anyone wants the stems and springs, feel free to send those on.  I really just need the housings for the pink stems I got from China.

Id probably be interested in the stems and springs. I only really have clicky switches and i'm starting love the browns on my girlfriend's ducky.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3391 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 22:57:13 »

On an unrelated note, since I'm tired of all the "does anyone have x" posts and the relative dearth of giveaways, I'm giving away a Skully and Ba'man cap to two people of my choosing in any color(s) of their choice to two people who have given anything keyboard related away for free in the past 15 pages.  Just PM me if you'd like to be considered and include a link to your post.

Awesome of you.  I am not in as I have been the recipient of your generosity more than once. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline RimpactPC

« Reply #3392 on: Thu, 26 June 2014, 23:47:04 »
Anybody have any keycaps they wanna send my way? <3

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3393 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 08:06:44 »
Anybody have any keycaps they wanna send my way? <3

I could send you a set of QFR caps, but since I am in canada, the cheapest shipping is like $9. :( 

Offline destiriser

« Reply #3394 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 14:23:53 »
Mod Note: Please review the classified rules located here: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56284.msg1270020#msg1270020

WTB and WTS items should only be posted in the classified section of the forum when you have met the requirements.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 June 2014, 14:51:49 by ekw808 »

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3395 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 14:50:19 »
Does anyone by chance have an extra set of legs for a Filco case or not use the legs on their case? I got a board in the mail this week that didn't have them and it would be great if someone has an extra pair! :)

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3396 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 16:58:40 »
Does anyone by chance have an extra set of legs for a Filco case or not use the legs on their case? I got a board in the mail this week that didn't have them and it would be great if someone has an extra pair! :)

In case nobody has some: http://www.keyboardco.com/product/filco-legs-one-pair.asp ;)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3397 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 17:01:50 »

In case nobody has some: http://www.keyboardco.com/product/filco-legs-one-pair.asp ;)

Thanks, I knew those were there, but it's gonna be $20 shipped to me. :(

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #3398 on: Fri, 27 June 2014, 17:04:16 »
Thanks, I knew those were there, but it's gonna be $20 shipped to me. :(

Ah right, yeah that's crap :-X

Offline RimpactPC

« Reply #3399 on: Sun, 29 June 2014, 20:33:01 »
Any novelty keycaps you don't want?