Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248582 times)

Offline annelid

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #3900 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 07:27:19 »
I never get any free stuff.
I recently got the chills (and aches) however.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3901 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 15:10:38 »
I never get any free stuff.
I recently got the chills (and aches) however.

Did you get those for free?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #3902 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 17:46:22 »
Would anyone by chance have a spare topre slider.

Id like to get one to put into my soon to be Novatouch.

Would really appreciate it and will pay shipping at the very least.

Thanks!

Offline roaming pear

• THE Roaming Pear
« Reply #3903 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 23:53:46 »
I recently got into gaming on steam.  Anyone have any game codes they're not using?
Does anyone have any accessories or key caps or other poker 2 related things lying around that they are not using?  I don't mind taking it off your hands if you no longer want it...

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #3904 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 02:15:00 »
I recently got into gaming on steam.  Anyone have any game codes they're not using?

I have some, see a few pages back :)
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline kohi

« Reply #3905 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 18:25:52 »
does anyone have spare magenta LEDs? (need about ~20). ill be willing to pay for shipping~

edit: nvm found some here
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 December 2014, 21:01:35 by hojunski »

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3906 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 05:15:06 »
I have some extra game keys from some past Humble Bundle orders. If anyone wants any of these just shoot me a PM.

Insurgency Steam key (1 key left) Claimed

These are Origin keys.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge Claimed
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Claimed
Populous

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #3907 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 06:27:04 »
I have some extra game keys from some past Humble Bundle orders. If anyone wants any of these just shoot me a PM.

Insurgency Steam key (1 key left)

These are Origin keys.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Populous
I don't want any, but that's a nice giveaway! :)
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline AphelionXII

« Reply #3908 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 03:47:54 »

Insurgency Steam key (1 key left) Claimed

These are Origin keys.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge Claimed
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Claimed
Populous

I can haz Dead Space?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3909 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 04:02:28 »
Access-IS keycaps, just the colored ones without key blockers. The same type as previously sold here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62921.0 but less pristine condition.

Shipping to anywhere will be $8. I have 2 sets, one missing the 0 key.

In the next few weeks I will probably be giving away some more things that I don't use.

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #3910 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 18:38:34 »
Got a Firewire cable laying around for somebody, if you want it for an old iPod or something.  Only one foot long, but's free.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #3911 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 19:13:02 »
Got a Firewire cable laying around for somebody, if you want it for an old iPod or something.  Only one foot long, but's free.

Sold.  Or rather, given away.

But now I have a box with random foam rolls that I bought for Model F restorations, and now have laying around.  The remaining foams may not be ideal for Model F restorations, but they could be ideal for...something.  I would rather have them go to someone than in the trash, which seems to be the most like destination at this point.

83957-0

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3912 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 20:03:11 »

But now I have a box with random foam rolls that I bought for Model F restorations, and now have laying around.  The remaining foams may not be ideal for Model F restorations, but they could be ideal for...something.  I would rather have them go to someone than in the trash, which seems to be the most like destination at this point.

(Attachment Link)
I am interested in this for my minimal case projects. I am always looking for different foams for testing.

Any of it closed cell?  That gray one on the top looks it.

I will pm you.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3913 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 20:31:17 »

(Attachment Link)

If any of it is still good for Model F restoration, I'd love one of those.  I've got one sitting off to the side that I need to pop open and clean out.  I was thinking of restoring the internals while I'm cleaning it.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #3914 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 21:07:02 »

(Attachment Link)

If any of it is still good for Model F restoration, I'd love one of those.  I've got one sitting off to the side that I need to pop open and clean out.  I was thinking of restoring the internals while I'm cleaning it.

@prdlm2009: Pull out some for nubbinator's restore project and I will take the rest.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #3915 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 21:56:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Yea, I have some that might work for a Model F.  What kind of Model F?  I have found that different thicknesses work best for different Model F's.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3916 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 21:59:40 »

(Attachment Link)

Yea, I have some that might work for a Model F.  What kind of Model F?  I have found that different thicknesses work best for different Model F's.

F AT

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #3917 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 22:03:21 »

(Attachment Link)

If you could make an 'inventory' of what the rolls are - would probably help with interest.
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #3918 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 22:08:35 »

(Attachment Link)

F AT

Hmm.  Not sure if 1/8 inch or 1/16 inch is best for that.  But 1/16 inch worked better than 1/8 with the F XT, so I will you send you that.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #3919 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 09:28:27 »

I am definitely interested, as I am restoring my Model F 107 key and will likely be trying some different foams.  Something open cell 1/16 inch would probably be the best.

(Attachment Link)

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #3920 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 10:39:22 »
I have two trackpad assemblies, along with ribbon cables and the accompanying Omron switches. You will have to source the caps for the omron switches, because Cherry Corp uses melted rivets to secure them to their keyboards making it impossible to take them out. One is new and the other is used.

Based on estimated shipping, $10 shipped for one and $5 additional for the second.

I will send them free (ie I pay the shipping) to geekhackers who are working on projects that I like.

Zero-post people and other lurker nobodies who hang out on this thread hoping to get free stuff, sorry. I've gotten one too many requests from people who have never gotten involved in geekhack at all.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline roaming pear

• THE Roaming Pear
« Reply #3921 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 14:51:37 »
Anyone have a wii u / 3ds eshop gift card? I don't mind paying, but I was hoping to find a discounted card..
Does anyone have any accessories or key caps or other poker 2 related things lying around that they are not using?  I don't mind taking it off your hands if you no longer want it...

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #3922 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 14:55:06 »

(Attachment Link)

Alright, the foam is all gone.  Thanks for the interest, guys.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #3923 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 15:02:21 »
Anyone got any really bad old alps keys? I just got an (original) apple standard keyboard (the one with orange alps) and it's missing a few keys, and I can't get another full keyset  to replace it

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #3924 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 16:46:39 »
i have some pad printed or lasered on ones if you wanna pay shipping. you might just want to go find some old keyboards near you though might be cheaper. I live in california around san diego so you can guestimate shipping from that
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #3925 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 17:04:52 »
i have some pad printed or lasered on ones if you wanna pay shipping. you might just want to go find some old keyboards near you though might be cheaper. I live in california around san diego so you can guestimate shipping from that
From your area to my area would be pretty expensive so no thanks (for now, if I get desperate I might come back) but thank you very much for your generous offer. The chances of finding alps boards locally is probably pretty slim, but I'll look into it anyway. Thanks for the suggestion  :thumb:

Offline Sturmfrau

« Reply #3926 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 09:49:28 »
Hoping someone here has a kind heart to give me a red bro or clack for my sad vanilla HHKB for christmas XD hahaha
|
HHKB Pro 2 Black (Blank) | HHKB Pro 2 White (Blank)

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #3927 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 12:21:35 »

From your area to my area would be pretty expensive so no thanks (for now, if I get desperate I might come back) but thank you very much for your generous offer. The chances of finding alps boards locally is probably pretty slim, but I'll look into it anyway. Thanks for the suggestion  :thumb:

Some old membranes such as a dell quietkey(some models work others dont) or some random hp membrane i have had alps compatible keycaps. If you want double shots you could buy a focus keyboard to be a donner as they usually have double shot keycaps.
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3928 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 20:47:14 »
If someone would be willing to send me enough lube for like 80 keys I would be eternally grateful.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3929 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:08:42 »
If someone would be willing to send me enough lube for like 80 keys I would be eternally grateful.

Here you go.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3930 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:10:49 »

Here you go.

Strangely enough, this might work. My interest is piqued.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3931 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:11:27 »

Here you go.

oh my I almost laughed out loud.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3932 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:15:48 »

Here you go.

They've got a silicone based one. It honestly might work. Someone who's actually an engineer should weigh in, though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3933 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:21:16 »

Here you go.
edit: jk
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:38:35 by hwood34 »

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Hellmark

« Reply #3934 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:28:17 »

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3935 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:39:06 »

Here you go.

They've got a silicone based one. It honestly might work. Someone who's actually an engineer should weigh in, though.
You thought I wouldn't

84103-0

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #3936 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:41:48 »

Here you go.

You thought I wouldn't

(Attachment Link)

I know you well enough at this point to expect you'd do it.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3937 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:55:58 »

Here you go.

You thought I wouldn't

(Attachment Link)

I know you well enough at this point to expect you'd do it.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3938 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:00:18 »

Here you go.

Meh.  I wouldn't.

I'm at work, so I'm not going to take an extensive look at the chemical make-up of astroglide (and I'm blanking on whether silicone based means it would be okay in this application), but if it's anything like most lubes it's "water-based" (not oil-based, as to not break down other "tools" used in the process).  That means that a portion of it (whatever they're using as a solvent) will likely evaporate over time (a day or so I'd guess), and the functionality will change over time.  The great benefit of Krytox is that the compounds used in it are *very* stable, and will not break down or evaporate, so it should perform the same forever, less whatever changes occur from mechanical scraping away of the lube.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3939 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:02:17 »

Here you go.

Meh.  I wouldn't.

I'm at work, so I'm not going to take an extensive look at the chemical make-up of astroglide (and I'm blanking on whether silicone based means it would be okay in this application), but if it's anything like most lubes it's "water-based" (not oil-based, as to not break down other "tools" used in the process).  That means that a portion of it (whatever they're using as a solvent) will likely evaporate over time (a day or so I'd guess), and the functionality will change over time.  The great benefit of Krytox is that the compounds used in it are *very* stable, and will not break down or evaporate, so it should perform the same forever, less whatever changes occur from mechanical scraping away of the lube.

Just my 2 cents.
So if I pour water on the switches everyday they will be good to go? :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3940 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:15:56 »

Here you go.

Meh.  I wouldn't.

Just my 2 cents.

Is that what I said?  No.

If you pour water-based lube on your switches every day, they will likely remain lubricated sufficiently.  You may have issues with shorting the contacts, and YMMV.  Also, shush.  :P

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #3941 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:17:14 »

Here you go.

Meh.  I wouldn't.

Just my 2 cents.

If you pour water-based lube on your switches every day, they will likely remain lubricated sufficiently.  You may have issues with shorting the contacts, and YMMV.  Also, shush. 
Well, the kind that I got was also waterproof

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #3942 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 11:26:27 »

Here you go.

Meh.  I wouldn't.

Just my 2 cents.

If you pour water-based lube on your switches every day, they will likely remain lubricated sufficiently.  You may have issues with shorting the contacts, and YMMV.  Also, shush. 
Most KY lubes regain their lubiness(?) after you pour water on them.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3943 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 12:31:33 »

Here you go.

Meh.  I wouldn't.

Just my 2 cents.

Most KY lubes regain their lubiness(?) after you pour some sugar on them.

FTFY

I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3944 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 18:42:53 »
If anyone has an MX Green or two they don't mind parting with, I would be willing to receive it, as I want to see what Greens feel like, thanks!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3945 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:17:24 »
If you have MX Blacks and MX Blues, you can make a pretty good approximation by putting the spring from a MX black in a MX blue body.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #3946 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:31:26 »
If you have MX Blacks and MX Blues, you can make a pretty good approximation by putting the spring from a MX black in a MX blue body.

It is actually exactly the same. Many geekhackers including me have verified.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3947 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:48:42 »
I don't have either :( I only have clears and those are in my ErgoDox and Poker.

Offline roaming pear

• THE Roaming Pear
« Reply #3948 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:50:50 »
Anyone have nintendo eshop certificates, codes, or gift cards?

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #3949 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 20:04:52 »
I don't have either :( I only have clears and those are in my ErgoDox and Poker.

First time I met someone who has clears but never tried blues/ blacks before.