Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248588 times)

Offline mr.squishy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I like beer and keebs
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #4200 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 18:01:22 »
My current Graphics Card is on it's way out (Showing graphical anomalies all the time) and I don't really have enough money to buy a new one. Does anyone have an old one they would be willing to part with? I might be able to buy it, or pay fro shipping.
I could fall back onto my processor's Intel HD graphics - but they're no good for gaming.

What is your current card? Have you considered reflowing it?
If reflowing it is putting it in the oven, I've considered it - but then realised that I could screw up badly.

If it's already ****ed, how could you screw it up more?
Exactly. Reflowing is always a last-ditch effort, but if it'll extend the life of your card, why not?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4201 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 06:31:27 »
In response to a question from DamnDan,

The keycaps on my post https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34585.msg1681082#msg1681082  are all free, including colored ones. Price is really for the cost of shipping. Take it as $2 for first 3 M keycaps, $1 more for each subsequent 3.

Just look in the photo if you want something. Don’t ask me  - even I will have to look at that photo.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4202 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 17:48:16 »
If anyone has a standard ps2 cable, I would be more than happy to take one or two!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #4203 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 18:30:07 »
Anybody want a typewriter that most works?  The Tab button does not work (although tabulator works via a workaround)  and the spacebar had a crack forming that I epoxied, but everything else is gravy.  No keys stick or anything like that.  I'm having a hard time selling it locally and on Ebay, so I figured that I would ask Geekhackers if they want it.  Beautiful machine.

I will ask you to pay shipping, because shipping a typewriter is not cheap.  I have it listed on Ebay, but once you send a payment for shipping, I will take down the ad.

Photos:  https://plus.google.com/photos/105766969535071036345/albums/6126090062427390369?authkey=CPCg04fN5b3Q0gE

Typewriter still up for grabs if anyone wants it.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #4204 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 19:56:27 »

WTGive

IBM displaywriter / Model M springs and hammers and Model M keycaps

No rust, corrosion or dirt. Springs/hammers look very new still. The keycaps are cleaned with soap and then denture tabs.

Shipping cost $2/first 10, and $1 for each 10 above that. I have over 100 hammers.

This offer should remain open a long time since most people need only a few hammers to replace. Do not be surprised if I copy-paste and repost in future to get more attention.

I also have Model M keycaps to give away. Let me know what legends you want.  I’ll take shipping as equal to 3 hammers.

Please don't ask for keycaps just because you like the colour. Many people buy Model Ms with missing keycaps, so I am prioritizing people who really have missing keycaps. I don't have that many loose 2piece keycaps anymore, so have to offer coloured ones instead from incomplete sets.

The long + key has been dyed olive in color.

Boo.  Why don't you have a f or j key, lol.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4205 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 20:11:45 »

Boo.  Why don't you have a f or j key, lol.

I once did. But in the past 2 years I have given away many Model M keycaps and these are what I have left to give.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #4206 on: Tue, 17 March 2015, 20:25:41 »
Anybody want a typewriter that most works?  The Tab button does not work (although tabulator works via a workaround)  and the spacebar had a crack forming that I epoxied, but everything else is gravy.  No keys stick or anything like that.  I'm having a hard time selling it locally and on Ebay, so I figured that I would ask Geekhackers if they want it.  Beautiful machine.

I will ask you to pay shipping, because shipping a typewriter is not cheap.  I have it listed on Ebay, but once you send a payment for shipping, I will take down the ad.

Photos:  https://plus.google.com/photos/105766969535071036345/albums/6126090062427390369?authkey=CPCg04fN5b3Q0gE

Nevermind, I'll be holding it for somebody.

Offline iron_alchemist2108S

« Reply #4207 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 15:00:58 »
Does anyone want this thing?  It's a WYSE board in like-new condition except the switches, stabilizers, and keycaps are gone.

(Attachment Link)

If it's still available I'll take it. So it's basically the PCB, case, and plate? What kind of switches can you put in it?

Offline Willyc277

« Reply #4208 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:30:10 »
Looking for 3 PCB mount mx switches. I've got every variant of plate mount, but need PCB for my Techkeys business card. Don't care what color!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4209 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 17:41:27 »
Does someone has a GMK, row 3, 1u \| WoB?  8)

Offline Moe247365

« Reply #4210 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 17:19:16 »
Hi,

I'm looking for the return key cap for the 10-key return position cherry mx keys. Ibroke the kep cap the other day and would like to just replace the one. Just a black translucent key cap would work. Thank you in advanced.

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #4211 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 19:42:10 »
My current Graphics Card is on it's way out (Showing graphical anomalies all the time) and I don't really have enough money to buy a new one. Does anyone have an old one they would be willing to part with? I might be able to buy it, or pay fro shipping.
I could fall back onto my processor's Intel HD graphics - but they're no good for gaming.

What is your current card? Have you considered reflowing it?
If reflowing it is putting it in the oven, I've considered it - but then realised that I could screw up badly.

If it's already ****ed, how could you screw it up more?
Exactly. Reflowing is always a last-ditch effort, but if it'll extend the life of your card, why not?
Did you figure out your situation?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #4212 on: Fri, 20 March 2015, 22:30:22 »

is it air cooled? if so then clean it. it sounds like it is overheating from having dust in the heatsinks/fans

Offline theGeekHacker

« Reply #4213 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 00:37:08 »
I've gotten into Steam lately.  Anyone got any games they have duplicates of or don't want?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4214 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 01:38:06 »
I've gotten into Steam lately.  Anyone got any games they have duplicates of or don't want?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69696.0

Oh and hey, that thread is 69696 :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #4215 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 07:22:03 »

Back up for grabs.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4216 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 12:00:02 »

Back up for grabs.
How much for shipping?

Offline ehwc

« Reply #4217 on: Sat, 21 March 2015, 12:58:24 »
Does anyone have a few of those corner rubber feet from a TEX aluminum case lying around? I purchased a used case and the feet were missing..

To clarify, just the small corner pieces, not the larger rubber feet that give it the tilt!

Thank you!  :)

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #4218 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:14:02 »
If anyone has any novelty keys, custom base sets, or cables ill be more then happy to pay for shipping+tip!
Pretty new to the mech game, already have two boards in less then a month and my women is putting me on a budget!

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4219 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:25:43 »
If anyone has any novelty keys, custom base sets, or cables ill be more then happy to pay for shipping+tip!
Pretty new to the mech game, already have two boards in less then a month and my women is putting me on a budget!
Not going to lie, thats expensive stuff to be asking for to get for free

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #4220 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:27:51 »

Prob easier if you sold your extra board, and got some stuff.  gl though
Hi :)

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #4221 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:28:54 »

If anyone has a Miz Kite or OG Tri Clack or green and purple Reaper in Topre they want to give me, I won't say no.  Also looking for a free Lightsaver and Duck Alps PCB and plate.

Offline neverused

« Reply #4222 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:32:42 »

If anyone has a Miz Kite or OG Tri Clack or green and purple Reaper in Topre they want to give me, I won't say no.  Also looking for a free Lightsaver and Duck Alps PCB and plate.
I would be willing to pay shipping +tip for a large sack of money, preferably in $20 bills, but I'm reasonable. Anything more than $500 world be great. K thx bye!

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4223 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:35:25 »

inc pm

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #4224 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:37:09 »

Aww ****, I only have a topre Jack O lantern, and a 356 that I am looking to get rid of, but clearly you aren't interested.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #4225 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 14:47:14 »
I'm going to ask for something however I am willing to pay + shipping. 1 to 2 each of matias clicky and matias quiet click switches. Generally I view this as a post not ask for free crap, that's why I'm willing (wanting) to pay for them.  But I will take a 77 key kish fo free.  We would split shipping.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #4226 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:48:10 »
Hey, if he's new to the game, he more than likely has no idea what a lot of them are worth.

No point taking the piss, jesus.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #4227 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:51:43 »

Sounds like you need new women.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #4228 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:52:27 »

Hey, if he's new to the game, he more than likely has no idea what a lot of them are worth.

No point taking the piss, jesus.

Could be quite true,  I can see both sides and jump straight to harassment witch probably isn't right.  On the other side I don't necessarily think flat out asking for random things (unless a small inexpensive part to fit a specific need) is the right way to do things either.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #4229 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 16:52:58 »

Lol

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #4230 on: Sun, 22 March 2015, 17:08:00 »

Pfffff, like you'd know! I bet you don't even have a women!

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #4231 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 01:48:19 »
Oops, sorry if thats mostly expensive stuff. I guess what im trying to say is ill pay for it. dont really know how this thread works.
Just want to get my board some new kicks. And i would sell my board but i cant post in the classifieds yet, and even though its seen less then 10 hours use,
its a k70 red mx red leds *tramp stamp* sooo not exactly easy to sell..

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4232 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 01:55:34 »
Oops, sorry if thats mostly expensive stuff. I guess what im trying to say is ill pay for it. dont really know how this thread works.
Just want to get my board some new kicks. And i would sell my board but i cant post in the classifieds yet, and even though its seen less then 10 hours use,

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56284.0

Read this thread

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #4233 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 01:57:54 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56284.0

Read this thread

Ahh thanks for the hyperlink. Just what i needed.
Looks like i got to wait 2 months.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #4234 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 08:41:29 »
Ahh thanks for the hyperlink. Just what i needed.
Looks like i got to wait 2 months.
Weird, but it's been a long time since I've seen someone use this word. :rolleyes:

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4235 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 09:06:05 »
Edit: Caps have been claimed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 March 2015, 07:26:21 by saturnotaku »

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4236 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 09:23:53 »
I have a red and yellow Tai Hao set that I bought from another GH member that I'm not planning on using. Here's a pic:

More
Show Image

They're not that expensive so it's not really worth my time to sell them, so I figured I'd give them away to someone who needs or wants them. All I ask is for that person to cover shipping costs. I would prefer to give away both sets at the same time, though.

Shoot me a PM if you want these.

Damn that's an amazing offer man, great way to get someone addicted, i mean started in modding.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4237 on: Tue, 24 March 2015, 18:26:46 »
I have a $25 promo code for motorola.com, used for accessories.  I haven't verified if it works, but the email says it expires on 3/31.If anyone is interested, shoot me a PM. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4238 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:00:53 »
Does anyone have a spare Granite's ISO enter key that want to part with? Please PM-me.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #4239 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 17:59:19 »
Does anyone have a spare Granite's ISO enter key that want to part with? Please PM-me.

you can have the symbol one for shipping
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4240 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:02:14 »
Show Image

you can have the symbol one for shipping

PMed you. And thank you. My Nertd60 will be very happy to get it.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2015, 18:05:46 by ideus »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4241 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 20:53:43 »

Back up for grabs.

Is this still available?  I'm interested.  If you'll be at Keycon 2015 (I think you won't be though? :( ) I could pick it up there.   :thumb:

Otherwise I'd be interested to know shipping costs if it is still available.

^serious^

Anyone have a tri-color Clack they no longer want or need?  I can pay shipping, but only First Class shipping. I promise I won't sell it or trade it and you'll never hear from me after I get it.

Ahhhh, major bummer!  I've got this extra BS Enviro sitting around I'm looking to offload, but it's only bi-color, not tri-color.  :(   Sorry man!

Maybe someone else will take it off my hands.   :rolleyes:

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #4242 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 20:55:49 »

Anyone have a tri-color Clack they no longer want or need?  I can pay shipping, but only First Class shipping. I promise I won't sell it or trade it and you'll never hear from me after I get it.

Ahhhh, major bummer!  I've got this extra BS Enviro sitting around I'm looking to offload, but it's only bi-color, not tri-color.  :(   Sorry man!

Well just bought an SSK so I'll need an BS artisan cap, thank for the generous offer BroffmanMyster
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4243 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 20:56:34 »

Well just bought an SSK so I'll need an BS artisan cap, thank for the generous offer BroffmanMyster

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #4244 on: Fri, 27 March 2015, 20:58:07 »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
« Reply #4245 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 02:10:28 »
I got 4 beta keys for Heroes of the Storm.

EUROPE only (sadly).

PM me

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #4246 on: Sat, 28 March 2015, 10:00:16 »
Here's that $25 promo code I posted a few days ago. It expires on the 31st, good for accessories on Motorola.com. If anyone uses it, just post so people know its gone.

25b-ASWH-9ZWQ-UKVF-W3ND

Offline metafour

« Reply #4247 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 15:01:13 »
I've got 119 MX brown stems, 119 brown springs, 1 tactile grey stem, 1 tactile grey spring, and 120 switch tops from one of these boards: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=69863.0

Willing to ship to CONUS, you pay shipping.

edit: stems and springs are spoken for
« Last Edit: Sun, 29 March 2015, 22:45:13 by metafour »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #4248 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 15:51:30 »
I have:
1 broken ducky shine (bad controller), blue switches.
1 partially scavenged razer black widow (some stabs removed, missing caps), blue switches
1 fully operational black widow ultimate, blue switches

I was going to scavenge all of the parts/switches but it's just not worth my time at this point in my life. They can be yours for the cost of shipping, or we can work out meeting up somewhere in the SF Bay Area.

Note: I have cats. If you're allergic, you're forewarned.

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #4249 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 15:53:33 »

I have:
1 broken ducky shine (bad controller), blue switches.
1 partially scavenged razer black widow (some stabs removed, missing caps), blue switches
1 fully operational black widow ultimate, blue switches

I was going to scavenge all of the parts/switches but it's just not worth my time at this point in my life. They can be yours for the cost of shipping, or we can work out meeting up somewhere in the SF Bay Area.

Note: I have cats. If you're allergic, you're forewarned.

If you are being serious I would certainly take the functioning black widow ultimate.  That is very generous.