Author Topic: Free stuff! Pay it forward!  (Read 14248560 times)

Offline neverused

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Free stuff! Pay it forward!
« Reply #4850 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:02:33 »
I will pick one out of the first 3 people to post in this thread (please not PMs) showing interest in participating in the http://ctrlalt.io/payitforward.  If you are selected you will be getting a package from me.  Cheers...  :)

Edit: I just started a game of ARAM, so I won't be checking this for about 30 minutes or so, so hold tight...
I'm not in the 3 but I'll still participate. Good spirit everyone!

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4851 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:03:53 »
Yeah I'd be keen if any of he first 3 drop out

Offline Bomble

« Reply #4852 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:18:13 »
I will pick one out of the first 3 people to post in this thread (please not PMs) showing interest in participating in the http://ctrlalt.io/payitforward.  If you are selected you will be getting a package from me.  Cheers...  :)

Edit: I just started a game of ARAM, so I won't be checking this for about 30 minutes or so, so hold tight...

I know I didn't make the cut, but that's a great idea on how to choose your pay it forward victim! Good luck to those first three :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4853 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:21:39 »

I know I didn't make the cut, but that's a great idea on how to choose your pay it forward victim! Good luck to those first three :)

I got an awesome gift from bunny, so this is actually the 3rd person getting something from me.  :)

Offline Bomble

« Reply #4854 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:26:00 »

I got an awesome gift from bunny, so this is actually the 3rd person getting something from me.  :)

Daaamn man keeping that token GH generosity going strong, respect :thumb:

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4855 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:31:34 »
And the winner is...

111545-0

trees, PM me your address and I will get something in the mail for you.  :)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4856 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:33:19 »

Daaamn man keeping that token GH generosity going strong, respect :thumb:

Ya, I have to support bunny on this because he has been more than generous to me.  Its an awesome idea.  I know I love getting mystery packages, so this is such a fun way to share the love.  :)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4857 on: Sat, 19 September 2015, 23:36:54 »
And the winner is...

(Attachment Link)

trees, PM me your address and I will get something in the mail for you.  :)

Congrats trees, and thanks swill for doing this!

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #4858 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 00:49:37 »

Anyone have POS keycaps they're not using? Particularly the 2u ones that fit over two MX switches (rather than a typical 2u key that uses stabs). Maybe you got them in a crap bag, or maybe you've gone 100% relegendable with your Tipro, or maybe you work at a car wash that no longer uses its "hot wax" key at checkout... :)

(POS, of course, refers to "point-of-sale," and not the more common - but non-keyboard-oriented - abbreviation.)
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 September 2015, 00:54:28 by shrubkeys »

Offline harlw

« Reply #4859 on: Sun, 20 September 2015, 07:34:26 »

Anyone have POS keycaps they're not using? Particularly the 2u ones that fit over two MX switches (rather than a typical 2u key that uses stabs). Maybe you got them in a crap bag, or maybe you've gone 100% relegendable with your Tipro, or maybe you work at a car wash that no longer uses its "hot wax" key at checkout... :)

(POS, of course, refers to "point-of-sale," and not the more common - but non-keyboard-oriented - abbreviation.)

I have a few. Lemme dig em out...
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline harlw

« Reply #4860 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 09:37:16 »

Anyone else who wants any of these just say the word - you pay shipping.
Keep in mind these are POS keys so they have two MX key mounts and no center mount.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #4861 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 09:43:22 »
Warms my heart to see how active this thread is getting.

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #4862 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 10:59:10 »
Well, I'm the new owner of a 128-key matrix, so I'll gladly take them all. :) But I'm happy to chill for a while to give others a chance to speak up...

Offline harlw

« Reply #4863 on: Tue, 22 September 2015, 11:15:25 »
Well, I'm the new owner of a 128-key matrix, so I'll gladly take them all. :) But I'm happy to chill for a while to give others a chance to speak up...

Meh - it's easy for me to just do one package so send me a message with your address and I'll get the shipping quote for you. :D

I have two 128 key matrix's now myself - one is undergoing surgery for desoldering and hand wiring right now.
The other one I have sorta programmed with on-board cherry software but I have had NO time to mess with it :/

Here is a pic - I'll be using the relegendables on the top to make some utility quadrants for Photoshop, web programming, app launch keys etc.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4864 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:14:49 »
Does someone have a Cherry 1u 3rd row \| key and ISO Enter keys spares?

Does someone have these?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4865 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 17:24:22 »
I have access to an old Micros pos system that we took out of service decades ago.  It has keycaps because one of them would regularly break off I think.  If anyone is interested, you can have the whole working machine, but it weighs alot!  It's about the size of a 19-20" television.

For some history on the Micros (as I don't have the model number).  We bought ours in 1988.
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/micros-systems-inc-history/

Offline Hexterdude

• I have a problem when it come to artisans
« Reply #4866 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 22:25:07 »
Alright guys I'm a pleb who just joined and this was the first thing I saw when I opened the classified so there must be some dank stuff happening here. If you happen to want to help a newbie begin is journey in this crazy world feel free to hit me up. Other than that I just wanted to say this thread is great and once I get more stuff I'll definitely post here .

Offline Zorberema

• * Maker
  • IG: @ZorbCaps
« Reply #4867 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 07:12:54 »
I have access to an old Micros pos system that we took out of service decades ago.  It has keycaps because one of them would regularly break off I think.  If anyone is interested, you can have the whole working machine, but it weighs alot!  It's about the size of a 19-20" television.

For some history on the Micros (as I don't have the model number).  We bought ours in 1988.
http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/micros-systems-inc-history/

Could you submit a pic of what it looks like? Would you be interested in sending just the caps? :)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4868 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 07:34:18 »
Could you submit a pic of what it looks like? Would you be interested in sending just the caps? :)
I tried to find a pic online just for illustration and couldn't even find one. :(  Getting one in time may be difficult as we're disposing of the unit within two weeks.  Just sending the caps is not going to be possible--I just don't have the time.  But the unit is located in zip 35611, so anyone is free to come pull them off themselves or even take the whole thing.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #4869 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 12:36:43 »
anyone has a spare Cherry PS/2 coiled cable (black)? I can pay something for it as well  :thumb:
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #4870 on: Fri, 25 September 2015, 13:05:16 »
G80-1851 case on the top
G81-3000 on the bottom

Just cover shipping  :)

111927-0

edit: 1800 case is gone
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2015, 15:28:40 by mason »

Offline Gurkanical

« Reply #4871 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 08:22:35 »
Anyone got a set of DSA or SA key caps? I've been wanting to try them out for a while since recently getting into key caps. Or even some sample keys so I can get a little feel at least :) Cheers in advanced.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4872 on: Sat, 26 September 2015, 11:13:02 »
Alright guys I'm a pleb who just joined and this was the first thing I saw when I opened the classified so there must be some dank stuff happening here. If you happen to want to help a newbie begin is journey in this crazy world feel free to hit me up. Other than that I just wanted to say this thread is great and once I get more stuff I'll definitely post here .

Welcome to Geekhack!

I saw your introductory post, awesome getting the Varmillo! I usually post in this thread if I have items I have lying around that need a home (that reminds me...). This hobby is inherently materialistic (thanks for the great words intelli), so over time if you make purchases here and there you'll probably have more stuff than you know what to do with...so post here to give it a good home! You can start your own classifieds after 25 posts and 2 months IIRC.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #4873 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:30:01 »
Anyone have a single mx blue plate mount?  Willing to pay for switch and shipping, just pulled a stem  :mad:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline neverused

« Reply #4874 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:32:47 »
Anyone have a single mx blue plate mount?  Willing to pay for switch and shipping, just pulled a stem  :mad:
Pm me your address and I'll send a few out tomorrow.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #4875 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:33:42 »

Thank you buddy, I really appreciate it.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline neverused

« Reply #4876 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:34:15 »

Thank you buddy, I really appreciate it.   :thumb:
No worries!

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4877 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 10:39:37 »
I need a beige and a black ISO keys so badly. Anyone?

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #4878 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:22:07 »
Anyone got a set of DSA or SA key caps? I've been wanting to try them out for a while since recently getting into key caps. Or even some sample keys so I can get a little feel at least :) Cheers in advanced.
Welcome to GeekHack!

You're not going to find anyone willing to part with a set of caps upon request. Your best bet is to purchase a used set from the classifieds, and if you don't like them you can sell them at break even once you have enough posts to sell in the classifieds yourself.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline harlw

« Reply #4879 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 13:35:12 »

I have a dyesub beige ISO enter and \ key from an MX 8100 I was hoping to trade for an ANSI Enter and \ key (I've only ever seen them on the MY 7000 & 8000s).

Is that what you need?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #4880 on: Sun, 27 September 2015, 14:07:02 »

I have a dyesub beige ISO enter and \ key from an MX 8100 I was hoping to trade for an ANSI Enter and \ key (I've only ever seen them on the MY 7000 & 8000s).

Is that what you need?

Yes, I'd prefer double shots, but those would be the closest thing after DS. And yes I can trade my DS ANSI Enter and the 1.5u \| key, The only possible issue is that shipping cost from MX to anywhere sucks, they are generally expensive, but I could check them for you. Please PM-me with your ZIP Code and town.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #4881 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 17:02:23 »
Got a large Razer Goliathus speed edition that anybody can have for shipping cost. Gonna have to wait until Thursday though for me to ship as gonna buy a new one on Wednesday once payday comes.

It's the newer looking one, too. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Goliathus-Speed-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00EUPK6QE

Oh shi. Just to add, it's not the extended as that link shows. It's the "large" one. Sorry.
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 September 2015, 17:08:02 by foxer »
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline openmiceagle

« Reply #4882 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 17:06:18 »
Got a large Razer Goliathus speed edition that anybody can have for shipping cost. Gonna have to wait until Thursday though for me to ship as gonna buy a new one on Wednesday once payday comes.

It's the newer looking one, too. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Goliathus-Speed-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B00EUPK6QE

Haha this thing is pretty cool.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #4883 on: Mon, 28 September 2015, 21:20:53 »
I'd take it if you weren't in the UK. Too expensive to ship international for that though.

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #4884 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:36:53 »
Be swill my heart!

I just got this in the mail from swill. What a swill guy! Geekhack is the best community ever imo because ppl take paying it forward seriously here

Offline neverused

« Reply #4885 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:45:58 »
Be swill my heart!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I just got this in the mail from swill. What a swill guy! Geekhack is the best community ever imo because ppl take paying it forward seriously here

« Last Edit: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:47:54 by neverused »

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #4886 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 08:50:30 »
Anybody have three MX Brown Switches they'd be willing to send me for shipping? I need them for a Nostromo Speedpad overhaul I'm working on, so just know they're going to a good cause.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4887 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:11:07 »
Be swill my heart!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nice! Swill is an awesome dude. :)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4888 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 12:55:27 »
Anybody have three MX Brown Switches they'd be willing to send me for shipping? I need them for a Nostromo Speedpad overhaul I'm working on, so just know they're going to a good cause.

would gateron browns be ok??

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #4889 on: Tue, 29 September 2015, 13:29:50 »
Absolutely, if anything they'd be prefered

Offline mr.squishy

• I like beer and keebs
« Reply #4890 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:22:04 »
Does anybody have a stabilizer bar for an Apple M0116 keyboard? mine is acting up and it's super annoying :(

Offline moosiey

• New to the Community~!
« Reply #4891 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:40:08 »
I am new to the community. Just bought a POK3R and a DSA DOLCH set, and am DYING to get an artisan. Only thing is, no one is ever willing to sell them, only trade. If anyone has one that's not too expensive and wants to donate it that'd be the best thing ever. If you want I have a few CS:GO skins to give you (~$50). Or pay you too, but like I said no one ever is selling them :(

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4892 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:45:39 »
I am new to the community. Just bought a POK3R and a DSA DOLCH set, and am DYING to get an artisan. Only thing is, no one is ever willing to sell them, only trade. If anyone has one that's not too expensive and wants to donate it that'd be the best thing ever. If you want I have a few CS:GO skins to give you (~$50). Or pay you too, but like I said no one ever is selling them :(

It depends on the artisan you are looking for, sorry I don't really have any to part with but there is a HKP sale coming up with a blue steel armor cap and a purple eyed black trooper on october 5th for probably 20$ish each, and a couple more sales, plus on the classifieds and on /r/mechmarket, many people try to sell them. If you are looking for like a brocap or something else of that nature, it may be a bit harder to locate, especially for free, but there also may be a sale coming up in the near future, but you will have to also be extraordinarily lucky to win one.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #4893 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 16:57:33 »

People will sell them at cost. Just stay active, wait a bit and you'll be able to post up a WTB thread after 2 months here and 25 posts. People around here are remarkably generous, and usually very willing to help someone out who is looking for their first cap. But you have to be active! To add to what dohbot already mentioned, Booper has a sale coming up soon too and she makes some really fantastic caps. So, you have all kinds of opportunities to join  the fun. :)
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #4894 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:33:47 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65635.0
As dohbot said, hkps are pretty commonly sold. Heres one that was bumped today.
I feel you though, its discouraging that you essentially need to have artisans to trade if youre trying to track down a specific bro or clack.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #4895 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 17:38:06 »

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65635.0
As dohbot said, hkps are pretty commonly sold. Heres one that was bumped today.
I feel you though, its discouraging that you essentially need to have artisans to trade if youre trying to track down a specific bro or clack.

That's why I'm saving up my artisans, there are two absolutely perfect Slo-Fi's in the sale that will finish on the 10th which I am saving my most recent aquisition (BBV2 Purple Stacks) and a couple other keys that I really like (Ellis Island Light Orc, Blue Krap, Couple HKP's and Roast Potato Buckling Springs, egg and toaster) along with the keys that I will hopefully get from that binge sale to trade for those two amazing slo-fis.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline moosiey

• New to the Community~!
« Reply #4896 on: Wed, 30 September 2015, 20:57:53 »

It depends on the artisan you are looking for, sorry I don't really have any to part with but there is a HKP sale coming up with a blue steel armor cap and a purple eyed black trooper on october 5th for probably 20$ish each, and a couple more sales, plus on the classifieds and on /r/mechmarket, many people try to sell them. If you are looking for like a brocap or something else of that nature, it may be a bit harder to locate, especially for free, but there also may be a sale coming up in the near future, but you will have to also be extraordinarily lucky to win one.

Thanks for the help! Just bought a green Warmaster and am gonna pickup the red hellboy someone linked :D

Offline Hikari

« Reply #4897 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 00:26:48 »
anyone have any free hugs?

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #4898 on: Thu, 01 October 2015, 00:35:27 »