Author Topic: Hi from Japan !!!  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Iced

• Go to Shool , this will be fun they said....
Hi from Japan !!!
« on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 06:46:24 »
Hi guys !
My name is Paul I'm French , 20 years old and a hardware enthusiast. Ireallyy like Mechanical keyboards since I start to beinterestedd in it ( 1 year now ) so today Iregisteredd to ask you some questions and also for maybe be useful for someone. I explain myself, Iactuallyy live in japan so I am sure I can helpsomeonee who need a specific thing in mechanical keyboard ofcourses.

I plan to buy my second Mechanical keyboard in few days , a hhkb pro 2 but I am not very sure about the facilities to get topre keycaps. ( but I think this is not the right place to ask questions  ^-^ )

I look forward to talk with everybody !

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
Re: Hi from Japan !!!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 06:47:06 »
Bienvenuuuuuuuue !  ;D

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 10:09:52 »
Hi!

French and in Japan...very cool  :cool:

Do you have a preference for layout like AZERTY or QWERTY?

Topre keycaps seem a bit uncommon, though being in Japan you may have a slight advantage to finding them. There are colored sets on eBay for Realforce keyboards, but I'm not sure who in JP stocks HHKB caps.

Offline Iced

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 11:16:06 »
I am French but I use QWERTY haha  :))
So I looke on ebay and this kits are really expensive,

I was looking for dying blank keycaps myself but again I only find them on elitekeyboard.com

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 12:32:50 »
I am French but I use QWERTY haha  :))
So I looke on ebay and this kits are really expensive,

I was looking for dying blank keycaps myself but again I only find them on elitekeyboard.com

Hi!

I travelled to JP last summer. (Osaka & Tokyo) mainly but I did go to some other places as well (Universal Studios/Disneyland).
I love everything there (food was very good and people were friendly) :)
It's definitely a place I would like to go back in the future.
Are you studying at the moment?
Oh and welcome to gh :D
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 24 February 2016, 19:47:30 »
I was looking through amazon uk's selection of keyboards and man I saw a lot of AZERTY boards haha. Welcome to GH  ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 28 February 2016, 00:21:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

HHKB would be great, except for finding matching replacement keycap sets for it.  There are white and black, blank and lettered, and that's it (talking about the standard ANSI-like layout, not the JP layout, although I'd guess that similar would be available for that).

You can coerce a RealForce set to fit an HHKB, as long as you don't mind one or two legends not matching, and the profile of what ends up as the right Shift being off.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Iced

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 10:37:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

HHKB would be great, except for finding matching replacement keycap sets for it.  There are white and black, blank and lettered, and that's it (talking about the standard ANSI-like layout, not the JP layout, although I'd guess that similar would be available for that).

You can coerce a RealForce set to fit an HHKB, as long as you don't mind one or two legends not matching, and the profile of what ends up as the right Shift being off.

Thank you very much!!!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 03 March 2016, 03:58:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you very much!!!

You are most welcome :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ