Author Topic: Get Out Your Dremel - a New Switch is Needed  (Read 1431 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Get Out Your Dremel - a New Switch is Needed
« on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 07:57:41 »
We keyboard enthusiasts have been coasting in complacency for far too long, now we will all need to add a new key to our keyboards.

Get used to the future, it is here now.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/04/tech/microsoft-ai-copilot-key/index.html
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline Tseg

Re: Get Out Your Dremel - a New Switch is Needed
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 08:48:21 »
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 08:58:07 »
Every time I hear how ****ty Microsoft Windows has got, I tell myself that "they can't possibly make Windows any more ****tier" And each time, I get proven wrong sooner or later.

Face it! Microsoft is in the "en****tification" phase. It won't get any better. The only way to keep anything of value in computing is to migrate to another platform.
🍉

Offline leck

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 14:08:57 »
Boy do I hate having AI shoved down our throats literally everywhere.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 January 2024, 21:33:21 »
damn microsoft really committing to ai, even though it sucks.

it's so plainly obvious that this is marketing hype since investors for some reason don't look into what a technology is and just blindly follow dumbass tech bros. Same thing happened with crypto/nfts

I'm not even sure this technology will last since it's a landmine of copyright infringement. Either the tool gets so bad that's it's barely useful or all the big ai companies go out of business.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 January 2024, 09:07:09 »
Boy do I hate having AI shoved down our throats literally everywhere.
It's in the hype phase (especially for investment/business purposes,  holy sh*t), give it a bit more time and people will just get bored and disappointed with it, then in a few years it will come back and actually be useful but without the hype.
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 January 2024, 09:12:51 by Leslieann »
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 09 January 2024, 00:53:18 »
It's in the hype phase (especially for investment/business purposes,  holy sh*t), give it a bit more time and people will just get bored and disappointed with it, then in a few years it will come back and actually be useful but without the hype.
AI engineer here. It's definitely a cycle. We've been through a few over the decades AI existed. This one is a bit more hyped and public but not so much different. It will indeed deflate.
We've got a saying - AI is always in the future. When it's actually implemented and used, it's no longer considered as AI.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 09 January 2024, 00:56:36 »
Face it! Microsoft is in the "en****tification" phase.
En****tification is 2023 word of the year apparently (see the wikipedia article I cannot link here due to automatic censorship).
The original article where Cory Doctorow coined the term (worth reading !):
https://www.wired.com/story/tiktok-platforms-cory-doctorow/