Author Topic: [GB] GSKT-00 (Shipping almost finished, 80% done)  (Read 935052 times)

Offline Fnzzy

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (QC-ing, sorting)
« Reply #1100 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 19:24:20 »
Well, we have a login. Hoping for good news about both the board and that there was no serious problem that caused this break.

Show Image

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1101 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 19:25:02 »
Sick bro. You know whats super metal? Constantly complaining and shi**ing up threads you have no invested interest in.

I can't tell if you're the guy's caretaker or if you're confused.

Offline zian_

« Reply #1102 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 06:41:11 »
Sick bro. You know whats super metal? Constantly complaining and shi**ing up threads you have no invested interest in.

I can't tell if you're the guy's caretaker or if you're confused.

<3
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 07:02:25 by zian_ »

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1103 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 12:03:58 »
We deserve an update at the very least
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #1104 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:51:54 »
Weaston couldn't even be bothered to post an update here even though he logged in recently. That's some bull****

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1105 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:53:52 »
Proof of life tho.

Offline Norato

« Reply #1106 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 18:33:13 »
As far as what to expect out of me for updates, I will not update with any information unless something is happening. 

Offline cfox21

« Reply #1107 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 18:42:14 »
As far as what to expect out of me for updates, I will not update with any information unless something is happening. 

I think we were all mostly ok with this because we knew the boards were being made. But now we know the boards are done, the pcbs are done, so what are we waiting for?

Offline Norato

« Reply #1108 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 19:48:09 »

I think we were all mostly ok with this because we knew the boards were being made. But now we know the boards are done, the pcbs are done, so what are we waiting for?

I know as much as you! Maybe he decided to get the koted board done so everything can be shipped together. But that’s just me speculating haha

Offline Tekniqs

« Reply #1109 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 21:08:29 »
That would be worth an update then considering he talked about shipping the boards soon. I mean...he had months to get the boards cerakoted who waiting in the pcbs to arrive.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #1110 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 01:02:15 »
Soon TM  :))
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline vegs

« Reply #1111 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 01:43:51 »
Soon TM  :))
when in doubt, listen to cakeonfire
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #1112 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 15:47:05 »
Anyone know how long it takes to build gunplas?   He had a pretty fat pile in one of the pics.   Im sure thats the final hold up

Offline endgame_nvr

« Reply #1113 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 19:39:09 »
Anyone know how long it takes to build gunplas?   He had a pretty fat pile in one of the pics.   Im sure thats the final hold up

a few hours to a week or two depending on how involved the kit is  ;D ;D :thumb:

Offline Zeelobby

« Reply #1114 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 09:21:48 »

a few hours to a week or two depending on how involved the kit is  ;D ;D :thumb:
Well that settles it. Clearly if he's including one gunpla per case the time adds up.

« Reply #1115 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 10:02:47 »
Welp... 15 weeks since shipping "soon"

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1116 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 10:11:04 »
I've asked a mutual friend of ours to reach out. I'll post if I hear anything from him.

Anything come of this?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #1117 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 10:24:59 »
I've asked a mutual friend of ours to reach out. I'll post if I hear anything from him.

Anything come of this?

Nope. He couldn't get ahold of Weaston.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1118 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 10:31:34 »
Nope. He couldn't get ahold of Weaston.

Of course he couldn't... that would have been too easy.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1119 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 17:13:45 »
Is it too early to call it or na

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #1120 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 17:17:20 »
So is this an 2022 delivery?

Offline jpg2401

« Reply #1121 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 20:48:27 »
This is fairly ridiculous
Savage 65 | GSKT-00 || Valhalla | X60 V2

Offline nikkynak

« Reply #1122 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 07:53:16 »
Is it too early to call it or na

I think it's getting pretty close to that point be honest lol.

Offline mta

« Reply #1123 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 13:36:19 »
Definitely confusing - it seemed like everything was moving along just fine. "I have been qc-ing and everything looks really nice" regarding the boards, the PCBs came in, overall status was "shipping soon," etc.

I know Weaston said he only wanted to update when he had something new to share, but 3.5 months of radio silence also stretches the definition of "shipping soon."

If things are still set to move forward, I think everyone would appreciate a shoutout so we can rest easy.

If the GB is somehow scuffed now because of some insurmountable issue that came up, I think people would rather know that too instead of being kept in the dark indefinitely. Maybe it's something we could all work through and figure out together.

Weaston, you said "I understand the frustration, I've been part of group buys before too and know how it feels when things get delayed" - if you can indeed empathize with this, please consider how everyone else feels at the moment. We all understand that **** happens, and we all accepted the usual GB risk in entering this thing - but being ghosted sucks. Personally, I would at least appreciate being leveled with here if this board is never going to ship. Thanks for reading.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1124 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 14:21:09 »
Definitely confusing - it seemed like everything was moving along just fine. "I have been qc-ing and everything looks really nice" regarding the boards, the PCBs came in, overall status was "shipping soon," etc.

I know Weaston said he only wanted to update when he had something new to share, but 3.5 months of radio silence also stretches the definition of "shipping soon."

If things are still set to move forward, I think everyone would appreciate a shoutout so we can rest easy.

If the GB is somehow scuffed now because of some insurmountable issue that came up, I think people would rather know that too instead of being kept in the dark indefinitely. Maybe it's something we could all work through and figure out together.

Weaston, you said "I understand the frustration, I've been part of group buys before too and know how it feels when things get delayed" - if you can indeed empathize with this, please consider how everyone else feels at the moment. We all understand that **** happens, and we all accepted the usual GB risk in entering this thing - but being ghosted sucks. Personally, I would at least appreciate being leveled with here if this board is never going to ship. Thanks for reading.

I think there is more to this than just Weaston quietly doing his work. If people can't even get a hold of him irl - which I assume RNDs mutual friend did, otherwise we could just DM Weaston on Discord ourselves - there's got to be more. But I am also trying to be cautious. With no info, I am forced to make up my own story of what's happening. Even if he was quietly packing the keyboards for the past 3 months, people would have gotten replies for their address changes at that point, no? The most puzzling thing to me is that he logged in recently without saying a thing. Feels almost like he wanted to reset the clock and get people to calm down.

yo I'm just rambling at this point **** em rectangles lmao

Offline CarterH

« Reply #1125 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 15:45:41 »
I'm in regular contact with Weaston. Everything is fine as far as I'm aware, and he will update everyone when he has a tangible update.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1126 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 16:25:40 »
Maybe we have different ideas on what's update worthy. So far he has only given positive progress updates, but I think updating on delays or problems is just as important. Personally I get confused when my assumed time frame doesn't match up with what we're getting. I don't understand why starting to ship boards he finished QCing half a year ago is taking almost 4 months and counting and would like to know what the hold up is, especially when we're getting told we'd have our boards soon, and then we didn't.

But it doesn't matter what I say or do, since all I can do is wait. So I'm just doing that.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #1127 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 19:28:39 »
I'm in regular contact with Weaston. Everything is fine as far as I'm aware, and he will update everyone when he has a tangible update.
Fantastic! Post some screenshots as proof. Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief.

Even better, have weaston post "things are OK, just delayed" right here.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1128 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 19:42:19 »

Doubt.

Offline CarterH

« Reply #1129 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 19:58:14 »
Fantastic! Post some screenshots as proof. Everyone will breathe a sigh of relief.

I'm not going to post our private conversation.

I helped organize the original private GB and have been good friends with him for years, if that gives you any assurance.

I'm waiting on my (third) GSKT-00 as well, and am quite excited for it

Offline icariin

« Reply #1130 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 21:12:31 »
look: for several hours now I have been told from credible sources the reason gskt has been delayed. however due to the importance and sensitivity around the subject I have refrained from going on it. i don't feel comfortable with it currently

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1131 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 21:27:17 »
Who knew that the status of the GSKT-00 was a state secret? Perhaps it's locked up in the same container as the Rukia R2.

Also, unless the reason is: OP squandered the money, I don't see why he couldn't bother to even respond to the hundreds of people that he accepted money from.

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #1132 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 21:27:58 »

I'm not going to post our private conversation.

I helped organize the original private GB and have been good friends with him for years, if that gives you any assurance.

I'm waiting on my (third) GSKT-00 as well, and am quite excited for it
I think everyone is fine with waiting a bit longer, if that means we are getting the boards. All we are asking for Weaston to do is to tell that to us. Telling everyone that he will update when he has something "tangible" and that everything is "fine", since it's clearly not, isn't gonna make anything better.

Offline CarterH

« Reply #1133 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 21:45:21 »
The sole reason for my post was to let y'all know that he's alive and well.

If you want an update you'll have to wait for him to give you one

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #1134 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 22:56:56 »
The sole reason for my post was to let y'all know that he's alive and well.

If you want an update you'll have to wait for him to give you one

Here's an idea..

Have Weaston check this thread. You don't think it's highly suspect that he posted that QC was almost done and the boards should be shipping soon THREE MONTHS AGO with no word since? Not even a "I ran into an issue, it's going to take longer". I mean, read the title of this tread. QC-ing, sorting. And then nothing for 3 months?

Tell your buddy to man up and take some responsibility for whatever is going on.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1135 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 09:50:33 »
weaston was active as of July 29th. Couldn't be bothered to post an update here since April, though.

weaston, it is your obligation to post updates to this GB thread. Even if the news isn't positive, even if it's just an update to say that you've been busy and the work is delayed - you are holding people's funds and owe them an explanation.

Offline toniwonkanobi

« Reply #1136 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:06:14 »
weaston was active as of July 29th. Couldn't be bothered to post an update here since April, though.

weaston, it is your obligation to post updates to this GB thread. Even if the news isn't positive, even if it's just an update to say that you've been busy and the work is delayed - you are holding people's funds and owe them an explanation.

This reminds me of The Office episode “Scott’s Tots” when the entitled kids tell Michael that he owes them lol

Offline weaston

« Reply #1137 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:16:22 »
Hey all,

I apologize for not posting sooner.  I have had a lot going on in my personal life and haven't really had the time or energy to make an update.

The wait has been because of waiting on gaskets.  I thought the wait time would be much quicker for them but it has turned into this long thing and I really didn't want to post about it until I had good news but it seems like it is time to at least say I am here again.  I am still waiting on them.  I genuinely think they will be here by the end of this month.  In accordance with that hopeful timeline, you will see me reaching out and doing all the address changes and requests.  I have been getting boxes and packing materials together and am anticipating starting shipping as soon as the gaskets show up.

Also I just want to make it clear that the timeline of this buy hasn't been malicious in any way.  I didn't plan on it taking this long and I also am not holding onto money from you guys or something.  A giant portion of the money spent by you all was used for the ordering of the boards and the remainder that is left I suspect will be used entirely on the shipping.  I am just a person, i'm not a company (although I have an LLC to make sure any tax implications stay on the up and up) and this wasn't some master plan to keep you all waiting and scam you or something.  This was a Group Buy to allow everyone to get a good price for a board and me to get to share my work and all the money has been used to make that happen and I genuinely will not even be left with any profit.

I have not been good at this process and I apologize for how it has been handled so far.  This whole thing honestly brought way more of a time commitment that I was ever really prepared for and it never has quite fit into my life.  After this, honestly I will probably never run another board because it has been nothing but stress and having to tell you guys I am waiting on things and can't ship yet brings me nothing but dread.  You think you can control a process like this and have a job and a life but really you can't and I apologize for my inability to do so.  I am not looking for your sympathy or trying to cry or complain, just explaining the situation and how it has effected me.  The length of time has become unacceptable and I am fully aware of that and I offer no excuse.  Once the gaskets come, shipping will finally start and this will all be over.

In the meantime, I really am sorry for the wait and I am hopeful this is the last update I will have to make before shipping starts.
DK Saver | Kingsaver | OTD 360 Corsa | OTD 456GT | OTD Cheat | KMAC 1.3 | KMAC 1.2 | KMAC Happy | KMAC Pad | KMAC Mini (Revo) | Singa | HHKB Pro 1 | GSKT-00 | IBM 5251 | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model M | Dolch PAC | Kinesis Advantage

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #1138 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:19:44 »
This reminds me of The Office episode “Scott’s Tots” when the entitled kids tell Michael that he owes them lol

When the head mod tell you to update. You have to update as shown.  No need to simp

Offline trg1234

Re: [GB] GSKT-00 (Waiting on gaskets)
« Reply #1139 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:21:47 »
Thanks for responding weaston. I do hope you post an update when you receive the gaskets as that seems to be the only bottleneck.

Offline mta

« Reply #1140 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:23:06 »
Appreciate the update, Weaston.

Does this imply the boards/cerakoting/plates/etc, everything else - are finalized/passed QC/good to go?

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #1141 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:23:13 »
Weaston,

Thank you for the update.

Regardless of your statement in OP, communication goes a long way and could have avoided a lot frustration and misunderstanding that has occurred here. Going forward, please be more frequent about how things evolve to avoid any further issues — that is all most people are asking for.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:27:21 by _PixelNinja »

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #1142 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:26:41 »
Imagine how much angst and drama could have been avoided, if 45 days ago, the GB runner just posted a simple statement saying he's waiting on gaskets, and it will take a bit longer, but not  to worry.

Offline Ahngel

« Reply #1143 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:30:25 »
Can we get ours shipped early if we skip the oring.  You can get them super fast from here https://www.theoringstore.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=879

Offline dantambok

« Reply #1144 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:34:55 »
nice to see an update. thanks weaston
Stuff  I have
More
2x TGR Alice / TGR 910 RE / TGR 910 CE / TGR 910 VKC / 2x TGR Jane V2 / 2x Matrix 2.0 / Matrix 2.2 / Matrix 1.2OG / Lyn Whale v2 / Lyn EM7 v3 / DK Saver / Keycult No. 1/60 /  Quantrik Hachi /  Quantrik  Kyuu / Duck Orion V2 / TGRxSinga Unikorn R1 / 2x Unikorn 2.2 / Quantrik QXP /  JER80 / TMO50 / 2x 86u / ION i69 / LZ MP / 2x FMJ80 / TGR Jane V2 CE / Matrix Project F / IDB60 / is0  / MXSS / Atom TKL / Duck Viper v3 / HBCP / Noxary 280 / LZ Physix / FLX Virgo / Modern M0110 / Matrix 2.0 ADD / TGR Police / Noxary XRF / Noxary Vulcan Pro / 350 Mimi / Matrix 2.0CP / Kira80 / Exent 65% / FMJ60 / Haus 65 / Kikuichimonji / Cake 60 / 2x AU Unikorn  Commission/ LZ XE / Paraluman 60 / AI03 Andromeda / Dalco 959 Mini GT / LZ Erghost /  Finder Works Hyphen / 2x Singa Kohaku / Linworks EM8 / GAFxTGR 910 / TGRxKLC Dolice / TGR 910v2 ME / Noxary Valhalla / Hiney Ibis / LZ REs / PerryWorks MC65 / Hiney Poly TKL One / RS60 / Zekk RBB / QK80 / Keycult No 2 TKL / FLX Virgo r2 / Matrix Navi

Coming --   Lynx50 (wixx scammed us) / Ladybird60 / JJW Derivative / TGR Shi

100+ GMK sets

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #1145 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:55:59 »
Appreciate the update Weaston. I can imagine the "dread" you felt and completely empathize. That said, and I'm sure you know this, further putting off an update only serves to increase that sense of "dread". I think you'll find that we're all pretty accommodating and understand the situation you find yourself in. I'm sure some people are more angry than others, but by and large I think that most of us just want to know that we'll be getting what we paid for eventually. I know I'm really looking forward to receiving this board no matter how long it takes!

Another thing though, while I'm not in this boat, you didn't mention anything about the cerakoted cases. Has that been completed now?

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #1146 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 10:57:57 »
Thanks for the update. What about the Cerakote? You were 100% sure it would be done by the end of may. Has there been made any progress or do Cerakote orders have to wait even longer?

Offline sirieous

• help
« Reply #1147 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 12:06:37 »
Thanks for the long awaited update Weaston.

As some have said above me in the thread, is it possible to get our cases shipped out earlier if we choose to not have the o-ring included because they are fairly easily to source.   

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1148 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 12:44:59 »

I wouldn't know what that episode is about but I do know it takes a special kind of weirdo to attempt to shame Hoff for trying (and succeeding) to nudge Weaston into giving people who trusted him with what I imagine is several dozens of thousands of dollars collectively an update on what they paid for. I suppose given your ridiculous comments last couple pages it doesn't really come as a surprise but it's still disgusting.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1149 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 12:52:02 »

I wouldn't know what that episode is about but I do know it takes a special kind of weirdo to attempt to shame Hoff for trying (and succeeding) to nudge Weaston into giving people who trusted him with what I imagine is several dozens of thousands of dollars collectively an update on what they paid for. I suppose given your ridiculous comments last couple pages it doesn't really come as a surprise but it's still disgusting.

He has TWO gskt’s. Don’t forget how special he is. We should honestly be honored and graced by their presence in this thread.