Author Topic: [WTB] MT3 Sets  (Read 3519 times)

Offline minnus

• Trade Count: (0)
[WTB] MT3 Sets
« on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 04:09:45 »
Hi!

I realized that HHKB Topre Hi-Pro is too much of a pipedream, so I recently built a HHKB MX board with the hopes of getting MT3 to scratch that high profile itch.

WTB:

MT3 Serika (Mainly interested in the Alphas, Mods, extra mods, and Geometry)
MT3 Godspeed (Mainly interested in Mods, but interested is basically all of it, lol)
MT3 Susuwatari (Mainly interested in the bonus kitty key that came with R1. Willing to purchase just the kitty key, or the entire set with kitty key)

I am located in MA, USA. I will only pay via Invoiced Paypal.

If anyone is looking to sell, please let me know!

Thank you!

Offline wolverine92

Re: [WTB] MT3 Sets
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 09:32:23 »
Did you ever find anyone who had an MT3 kit for sale? (I'm looking for the same.  ;D).

Offline minnus

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 10:47:43 »
No luck here unfortunately - a bit better luck on r/mechmarket though!

If you don't have weird preferences like I do, you'll probably be happy with Drop's current offerings of ABS MT3 keycaps (Susuwatari, BoW, WoB). Drop also still has the PBT MT3 /dev/tty in stock for the standard layouts (TKL, 65%, 1800). As a HHKB user, the available sets won't work for me, but they might work for you!

Drop is suppose to introduce another PBT MT3 set next month - there is an IC here. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=107022.0

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 15:03:03 »
One thing I just found out is that the ABS MT3 sets have less dish on the alpha's compared to the PBT ones. It probably has to do with the double shot molds. On the PBT sets, the alpha keys had a deeper dish compared to the numpad and modifier keys in the same row. I checked my Susuwatari set last night, and the PBT alphas have about 1.2mm of dish, while the newer ABS ones are 0.85mm, same as the other keys. Still pretty nice, but defiinitely not the "finger hugging" feel you get from the PBT ones.

I just wish I hadn't just missed out on the /dev/tty group buy earlier this year.....
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )

Offline minnus

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 17:30:33 »
Oh! That is good to know about ABS MT3. I actually bought Susawatari (overpaid like a fool, lol) , but I haven't tried them out and just assumed they're the same.

I'm waiting for the /dev/tty extras - I imagine they'll be around during Christmas/New Years? Current GB estimate from Drop is 12/10.

Really wish Drop brings back MT3 Godspeed though. I'm not a big fan of Extended 2048.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 18:00:26 »
One thing I just found out is that the ABS MT3 sets have less dish on the alpha's compared to the PBT ones. It probably has to do with the double shot molds. On the PBT sets, the alpha keys had a deeper dish compared to the numpad and modifier keys in the same row. I checked my Susuwatari set last night, and the PBT alphas have about 1.2mm of dish, while the newer ABS ones are 0.85mm, same as the other keys. Still pretty nice, but defiinitely not the "finger hugging" feel you get from the PBT ones.

I just wish I hadn't just missed out on the /dev/tty group buy earlier this year.....

Huh, you got me doubling back on PBT MT3 sets now.... I never gave one a shot since I am not a big fan of SA in PBT while I do like SA in ABS. I recently got a set of BoW MT3 & absolutely fell in love with the typing feel of the profile. The "finger hugging" is definitely one of the bigger things that made me like MT3 so much, think I'm gonna have to give a PBT set a shot sooner than later hearing they are even deeper dished. BTW what about the homing keyson PBT MT3, same difference in dishing?

Offline minnus

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 21:54:26 »
Since we're just chattin about MT3, in case anyone is desperate enough or wanted to bargain, there is a MT3 Serika set listed in MM right now. Too much for me, lol.

"MT3 Serika: mods have been opened and are unused, the spacebars were the template for the MT3 stupidfish1 foams. Also included sealed are latin alphas, extra mods, super homing, geometries, novelties, super homing, alt F-row. See the drop page for the kits here. Note: GMK Serika R2 is next month, you can pay about the same and get em in that profile in ~a year. 340 shipped."

https://old.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/jrdk22/ustx_h_gmk_ceresia_shark_bait_umbra_mt3_serika/

Edit: It is pending now
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 November 2020, 22:45:32 by minnus »

Offline AJM

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 10:50:53 »

Hmmmm, I can't confirm that.
There might be a tiny tiny difference of 0.1 mm between ABS R2/3 and PBT R2/3. (ABS: 0.9 - 1.0 / PBT: 1.0 - 1.1)
Homing keys are between 1.6 and 1.7 on both ABS and PBT.
Row 0, 1 and 4 are all around 0.9 - 1.0.

Measured with Serika, /dev/tty, Susuwatari, WoB. (only 1u keys)