Author Topic: [Delete]  (Read 103154 times)

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
Re: [IC] ePBT Antarctic Emperor | IC form results |
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 15 September 2021, 03:08:52 »
Hi everyone,
I am very new to custom mechanical keyboards and completely new to group buys. I absolutely love this set, and I am thrilled that it will be possible to have it in ISO-FR. I want to make absolutely sure that I do not miss it when the group buy happens, and I wanted to ask you if there was anything I could do to ensure that I receive a notification to purchase it (as I am not sure I will be visiting this site regularly -- ofc I will still do so as much as possible to be safe). I completed the IC form and added my email, but I am not sure if that means I will receive an email notification when the group buy happens. Is there anything I can do to not miss it? I have joined the discord server as well.
Thanks, I very much look forward to being able to order the set!

I've seen this exact comment around a bunch (or some variant). Almost feels like a bot comment, but maybe it's just a common question for new GH folks. Either way: welcome!

Look at the top of the thread. You'll see a watch and notify button -- click both. Go to the "Notifications" tab in the top bar -- change the settings to meet your desired behavior. You should also see a section called "Current Topic Notifications" which should now include this thread. You'll now get thread updates sent to the email you registered with GH (maybe you want to test this out on a more popular thread).

OP will likely update the thread when the GB starts, but those emails should at least keep you up-to-date with the thread activity.

As a side note, this IC is being worked on but not commented on all that much. Don't be discouraged if this takes a while to get from IC to GB.
Thanks a lot for your help rubik, I really appreciate it. I apologise for the 'noob' questions -- I am not familiar with forum boards like this one and I had not noticed the 'watch' and 'notify' buttons. I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything, and your post helped a lot. Thanks again and have a lovely day :-)
No problem at all. “Noob questions” are still valid questions!
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline shibapiggy

« Reply #201 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 14:22:45 »
This looks nice! :p

Offline Xemmas

« Reply #202 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 06:41:22 »
Love it! Looking forward to the GB!

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #203 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 20:57:05 »
Set looks great, probably just my screen, but it looks a lot like gmk rudy, consider adding a color comparison to a few other sets so no one gets mad

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #204 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 21:57:59 »
Set looks great, probably just my screen, but it looks a lot like gmk rudy, consider adding a color comparison to a few other sets so no one gets mad

The alphas and mods are swapped, it's an entirely different shade of white, and the mods are far more saturated on rudy. No one will get mad
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline vishydesigns

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 17:09:07 »

The alphas and mods are swapped, it's an entirely different shade of white, and the mods are far more saturated on rudy. No one will get mad
Stupid mistake by me with the color scheme, white looks very similar on my screen :thumb:

Offline lkkedward

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 09:05:27 »
look forward to GB. The penguin caught me

Offline unni

« Reply #207 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 16:29:06 »
I like the white alphas and dark modifiers. could u pls also create a white international kit ?

Offline OneEcchiBoi

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 24 November 2021, 02:10:33 »
Really love the kit. Plenty of options to choose from and the novelties are super cute! Awesome work.

Offline Cujo26

« Reply #209 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 05:39:34 »
Hello I would like one please :D
Please help I am trapped in your computing device

[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112457.0]

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #210 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 16:16:49 »
By the way, there is an error in your NorDe kit render.  It's a common KRK issue.

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 02:47:14 »
Really like this set a lot. It's a small thing, but would love to see uk keys with sublegends in the hiragana kit as well.

Offline sykccc

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 16:46:30 »
The novelty keys are just adorable!

Offline MORNVT

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 18:19:18 »
I'm so hyped for this project! Offering a French kit can't makes me happier, i'll stay tuned !
I hope that I'll also be able to put my hands on the future Q3 to put those babies on...  ;D

Offline Nqrwhql

• Hi :)
« Reply #214 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 16:55:16 »
This set looks like it was themed after Empoleon with the name emperor and the colorway matching completely but it looks amazing nonetheless, nice job  :thumb:

Offline whee74

« Reply #215 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 14:17:02 »
huge fan of the fishing penguin novelties and the dark mode ones! GLWIC

Offline ThiccLlama

Re: [Delete]
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 01:22:21 »
this had so much potential. wtf alternis.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 01:28:08 »
true, prob one of the best sets in terms of being unique, doing something diff, and being solid overall from a design standpoint! unfortunate that it's been abandoned but i'm sure better things are in store!

Offline Zyrophr

• https://zyrophr.com
    • zyrophr.com
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 16:44:31 »
Kinda bummed, was really into this set, and been hyped since the IC has been posted.
Wishing you all the best & stay safe bud'
French keyboard streamer

Offline kwizach

« Reply #219 on: Sun, 13 February 2022, 05:59:59 »
I'm extremely saddened by the news that this has been cancelled. It's the only set that I was waiting for and interested in for my first custom keyboard. This was apparently cancelled right after I had a surgery last week, so I'm only learning about this now and when I tried connecting to the discord for the set, I saw that it had been erased (or perhaps I and others have been kicked out). Did Alternis explain his decision to cancel it completely? Recently a few people had suggested on discord that he hand over the project to someone else / a company (I don't remember which one). Did he explain why he decided not to do this, or whether he may still do so?
Anyway, Alternis I hope you're doing alright and I wish you the best in your future projects.

Offline .jan

• keebsta
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 00:24:04 »
Did he explain why he decided not to do this, or whether he may still do so?

Nope, dude just dipped without a word. Saw this thread was updated, and the discord server was deleted without an announcement.

Really unfortunate to see that this got cancelled. This was one of the sets I was really excited for and anticipated for a while. I wish the best for Alternis, I think he was dealing with some IRL stuff, and I hope to see him come back and maybe bring this set back to life.

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 02 March 2022, 15:47:35 »
Did he explain why he decided not to do this, or whether he may still do so?

Nope, dude just dipped without a word. Saw this thread was updated, and the discord server was deleted without an announcement.

Really unfortunate to see that this got cancelled. This was one of the sets I was really excited for and anticipated for a while. I wish the best for Alternis, I think he was dealing with some IRL stuff, and I hope to see him come back and maybe bring this set back to life.

Unfortunately i was trying to buy the project from him so maybe me and a few more people could maybe carry out the project into a gb and at least get a few hundred sets, to maybe get the gb into europe only or something but i can't find him in any socials and he has dm's disable in geekhack so :(. Hopefully i can find him and propose it to him

Offline Tyson

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 09:38:22 »
Not too sure if this is new information but AlphaKeys site seems to have it listed as Coming Soon

https://alphakeys.ca/products/epbt-antarctic-emperor?currency=USD

Offline .jan

• keebsta
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 03 March 2022, 10:01:35 »
Not too sure if this is new information but AlphaKeys site seems to have it listed as Coming Soon

https://alphakeys.ca/products/epbt-antarctic-emperor?currency=USD

It looks to have been on AlphaKeys as early as April 11, 2021 according to Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20210411123025/https://alphakeys.ca/collections/coming-soon/products/epbt-antarctic-emperor

Thought there would be some hope for a bit there :(

Offline Doblki

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 14 March 2022, 12:44:42 »
Iirc one of the reasons at the time of canceling was because the group buy would have overlapped with GMK Rudy's R2 group buy. But then a number things came up in his personal life that lead to delay after delay. A couple of updates in the Discord was apologies for the delay but no real progress, I left the Discord a few months ago because I expected no further progression. It's very disappointing to see it get cancelled entirely.