Author Topic: Thank You The Keyboard Company For Another Ping Free Camo Filco  (Read 2580 times)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Thank You The Keyboard Company For Another Ping Free Camo Filco
« on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 10:49:18 »
Mine is ping-free also...  but I didn't get it from KeyboardCo.   Bruce wasn't fast enough. lol =D
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline insilica

• Keyboard Geeza
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 13:23:45 »
Quote from: ripster;428357
My Cherry Red Limited Edition did ping a little  on the l and ; keys but no way was I going to post that during the Geekhack Summer Of PING.

It went away.  Probably just needed to get broken in.

This is weird - not that I gave a monkey about he ping - I had some keys ping - but mine seems to have disappeared. Hmm wondering damp?/moisture or breaking in? wonder how Bruce is storing the keyboards :)
FreeBSD :: Gentoo :: Arch :: [Project Roswell] :: U2410 Eyefinity :: WC P280 :: 3930K [C2] (4.5GHz)
ASUS Maximus IV :: 64GB Vengeance :: MSI 7970 xFire ::  Seasonic 1KW :: M4 256GB

REALFORCE 87U Silent (Variable) | Filco Majestouch 2 Ninja TKL (Brown) | FC660C

Offline sordna

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 14:04:42 »
ripster, what switches did you go with in your camo keyboard?
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline sordna

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 19:53:55 »
Quote from: ripster;428481
Blues.  Breaking them in right now.

So much for the camouflage, the clicky sound will reveal your position. Camo should come with silent switches and o-rings installed for extra stealthness :-)  Well, you could get these new red o-rings soon.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline hcry4

• HHKB Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 October 2011, 20:33:46 »
Quote from: sordna;428628
So much for the camouflage, the clicky sound will reveal your position. Camo should come with silent switches and o-rings installed for extra stealthness :-)  Well, you could get these new red o-rings soon.

With camo you hide and then you shoot them with loud obnoxious guns. Ninjas should be sneaky, silent, and deadly.

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 October 2011, 12:28:54 »
Welcome back all! I missed the banter.

We'll check that description and correct it. Pleased to hear the Filco Camo is bringing smiles. Odd colours always scare the hell out of me but Filco seem to have got it right again.

Breaking in is the most plausible Ping improving factor.
Storage could be an issue but ours, Filco and Amazon are nice warm dry warehouses. It is worth noting that all electrical goods go into containers which can be on deck or in the hold and I guess they could get very cold. Also air freight in the hold gets very cold. Things are always kept dry.