Author Topic: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?  (Read 2763258 times)

Offline Arch4Life

Re: What Keyboard Are You Using Now?
« Reply #7000 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 22:16:59 »
work: tada68 gateron blue with aluminum case (low profile)
home: keydous nj68 gateron black(lubed n filmed) with SA chocolate

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline yui

« Reply #7001 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 01:46:19 »
going from model M to FK2001. the Focus is even louder and heavier than the M... i never expected that to be possible :) but now i kinda understand what chyros is on about, although still like my M better i would not mind having to type on alps only :)

I have never thought of my FK-2001 as particularly heavy, but I suppose I routinely use keyboards that weigh much more than a Model M. I swear this OmniKey 101 is significantly heavier than my 1987 Model M, though the internet seems to suggest otherwise. I just now finally finished cleaning the case and caps of my FK-2001 and drilled out the broken tab on the dust cover. I replaced it with a nylon screw, nut and some rubber washers. Works like new (I may start a thread about that if anybody else also has a broken dust cover and is interested). Alas, it only has white Alps. Does yours have blues?
when i said heavier i was talking about the switch weighting, and no it does not have blues, not even proper alps but unmarked white clones, still smooth like melted butter though, as the board was sold as used but i received it in box with not sign of previous use, i was quite happy. although i will not use it in the office ever again i think, it is way louder than the M and deafening compared to my silent reds/coworker rubber domes
although mine is one of the latter FK2001 and did not come with the dust cover (dated 1998 if i recall correctly, don't quote me on that though)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline iri

« Reply #7002 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 01:48:18 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline philipb

• Enigo designs
« Reply #7003 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 02:35:22 »
Scored a Vega from a homie, just built it yesterday (PC plate, Gat ink black). Such an amazing keeb. I absolutely love the sound, it's so rich and full. Unfortunately, I had to buy a cheap set until GMK WoB drops again. I don't have the 1.5U control or Alt that fits and had to use a different colored space bar. Bottom row is pretty scuffed rn, but other than that I'm in love.

Offline whezil

« Reply #7004 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 06:00:22 »
*Cringe warning*
I have sold all my keyboards I owned and I am in the process of waiting for some new parts to arrive.
As a result I have resorted to soldering gateron silent reds onto a dz60 pcb, no case/bottom/base, just the bare PCB with switches and cheap keycaps.
I die a little more everyday I wake up and have to use it but I refuse to touch a membrane keyboard ever again.

Offline aleck

« Reply #7005 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:58:38 »
Magicforce68 with Gateron reds and PBT caps (+ black Kuro Shiro ISO enter). Missed many chances to build a keyboard these last 3 years, will probably get an used HHKB at this point.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7006 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 20:22:36 »
*Cringe warning*
I have sold all my keyboards I owned and I am in the process of waiting for some new parts to arrive.
As a result I have resorted to soldering gateron silent reds onto a dz60 pcb, no case/bottom/base, just the bare PCB with switches and cheap keycaps.
I die a little more everyday I wake up and have to use it but I refuse to touch a membrane keyboard ever again.

Man, that's too bad you'll never get to use another Model M. :(

Offline schrobie

« Reply #7007 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 21:07:18 »
Currently I'm using a Panc40. It's my first 40% and I like it so far.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7008 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 08:51:35 »
going from model M to FK2001. the Focus is even louder and heavier than the M... i never expected that to be possible :) but now i kinda understand what chyros is on about, although still like my M better i would not mind having to type on alps only :)

I have never thought of my FK-2001 as particularly heavy, but I suppose I routinely use keyboards that weigh much more than a Model M. I swear this OmniKey 101 is significantly heavier than my 1987 Model M, though the internet seems to suggest otherwise. I just now finally finished cleaning the case and caps of my FK-2001 and drilled out the broken tab on the dust cover. I replaced it with a nylon screw, nut and some rubber washers. Works like new (I may start a thread about that if anybody else also has a broken dust cover and is interested). Alas, it only has white Alps. Does yours have blues?
when i said heavier i was talking about the switch weighting, and no it does not have blues, not even proper alps but unmarked white clones, still smooth like melted butter though, as the board was sold as used but i received it in box with not sign of previous use, i was quite happy. although i will not use it in the office ever again i think, it is way louder than the M and deafening compared to my silent reds/coworker rubber domes
although mine is one of the latter FK2001 and did not come with the dust cover (dated 1998 if i recall correctly, don't quote me on that though)

Right. I have noticed a few boards with really heavy white Alps. I should probably check and see if they're all actually authentic.

(Attachment Link)
Oh, you drive a manual Daewoo. I'm impressed.

Is the Chevy Sonic sold as a Daewoo in other parts of the world? I know that it was designed in Korea, but I hadn't heard of it being marketed as a Daewoo. What's particularly impressive about me driving one? It has been a pretty reliable little car. I have read some horror stories about the automatics, but I swore automatics off for good as soon as I learned to drive stick.

*Cringe warning*

Are Gateron silent reds really that bad? I have only tried them in a tester.

*Cringe warning*

Man, that's too bad you'll never get to use another Model M. :(

Well, they're not exactly hard to find if the itch arises at least.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7009 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 11:51:18 »

Right. I have noticed a few boards with really heavy white Alps. I should probably check and see if they're all actually authentic.

I have a Focus with wicked heavy white alps and as far as I can tell, they're legit. I just assumed it was because they were absolutely mullered.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7010 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 15:31:59 »

I have a Focus with wicked heavy white alps and as far as I can tell, they're legit. I just assumed it was because they were absolutely mullered.

Are they scratchy and/or have chatter? I have been pretty lucky with white Alps in terms of not being used as a deep sea boat anchor, that or maybe it is just because they weren't factory lubed. It seems that my FK-2001 feels just about normal in weighting, while my Nan Tan I also have here right now is noticeably heavier. They're both smooth and crisp, although the mold markings are definitely distinct from each other. They both still have the hallmarks of complicated Alps, so just a difference in factories?

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7011 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 16:19:56 »
Model F 122. Size of desk is minor issue.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7012 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 18:30:35 »

Model F 122. Size

Taking off the top case shell will only reduce the footprint by about 1 cm all around, but it will make it "seem" a lot smaller.

And make it look better, too. Or at least a lot more bad-ass.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7013 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 19:26:22 »
lol are you still trying to get people to buy your "stealth" F122? It's been like 10 years man! Haha

Are they scratchy and/or have chatter? I have been pretty lucky with white Alps in terms of not being used as a deep sea boat anchor, that or maybe it is just because they weren't factory lubed. It seems that my FK-2001 feels just about normal in weighting, while my Nan Tan I also have here right now is noticeably heavier. They're both smooth and crisp, although the mold markings are definitely distinct from each other. They both still have the hallmarks of complicated Alps, so just a difference in factories?

No they're otherwise totally normal. They're just Cherry MX Green tier heavy.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 January 2021, 19:35:01 by funkmon »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7014 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 20:03:59 »

"stealth" F122?

I closed and deprecated that thread not long after I posted it. Please - everybody - don't waste your time with those bottom pan cuts.

But a 122-key Model F is certainly much better without the plastic shell.
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7015 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 14:51:19 »
Model F 122. Size of desk is minor issue.

Both the keyboard, and the desk, are too small.

Offline Kaidesk_Lee

• * Vendor
    • Kaidesk
« Reply #7016 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 16:14:50 »
Glorious GMMK full size with Gateron greens. Keycaps are a mix of the fairly horrible ABS ones they came with and a random selection of aluminium and brass prototypes I made over the last few weeks. A weird mess.

Offline JucheCatgirlTS

« Reply #7017 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 19:17:01 »
Today I'm rocking a blue PCB Mysterium I finished last night, with the open-source acrylic case, brass plate, and OG Cherry doubleshots on NK Blueberries. It's my first winkeyless keyboard since the 90s but I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Sorry for the quick and dirty photo, I don't feel like setting up the DSLR right now Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #7018 on: Tue, 26 January 2021, 22:27:51 »
KBD67V2 MKII Black Polycarbonate. Finally received it this evening and now have it put together. Used OA switches lubed with Krytox 205 and C3 Stabs lubed with dielectric grease. Probably my best sounding board so far, at least in terms of consistency with lack of stab rattle and no over-lubed switches.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7019 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 01:20:21 »
Today I'm rocking a blue PCB Mysterium I finished last night, with the open-source acrylic case, brass plate, and OG Cherry doubleshots on NK Blueberries. It's my first winkeyless keyboard since the 90s but I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Sorry for the quick and dirty photo, I don't feel like setting up the DSLR right now Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Have you considered remapping left Alt to Win? I like it. I almost never use Alt anyway, so I mapped it to the right alt on Models M. I use F9 on left side function rows for Windows.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7020 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 09:15:35 »

Looks great. I like that the PCB is exposed but that there's still a border around the whole case. I don't normally do the whole LEGO thing so I hadn't even heard of it. The page I found for it does show Windows keys, so did you just omit them and choose a case with blockers built in?

I would have kept the Windows keys myself, but to each their own. How are the blueberries? Never tried them.

KBD67V2 MKII Black Polycarbonate. Finally received it this evening and now have it put together. Used OA switches lubed with Krytox 205 and C3 Stabs lubed with dielectric grease. Probably my best sounding board so far, at least in terms of consistency with lack of stab rattle and no over-lubed switches.

Pictures?

Offline JucheCatgirlTS

« Reply #7021 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 18:18:52 »

Have you considered remapping left Alt to Win? I like it. I almost never use Alt anyway, so I mapped it to the right alt on Models M. I use F9 on left side function rows for Windows.

I have right Alt mapped to Win. I've used left Alt almost exclusively since I was a kid but almost never touch the right Alt.

Looks great. I like that the PCB is exposed but that there's still a border around the whole case. I don't normally do the whole LEGO thing so I hadn't even heard of it. The page I found for it does show Windows keys, so did you just omit them and choose a case with blockers built in?

I would have kept the Windows keys myself, but to each their own. How are the blueberries? Never tried them.

Yeah the 'prototype' aesthetic of these through-hole kits is pretty neat. The case was designed by the board's creator and can be cut with or without the blockers. I really wanted to use my OG Cherry caps so I went with blockers for this build. I have a set of top panels without them if I ever change my mind but I doubt I'll ever use them.

The blueberries are great if you like heavy tactile switches. I like them quite a lot myself, but I tend to gravitate towards heavier switches in general.

Offline SpinningHook

« Reply #7022 on: Wed, 27 January 2021, 21:38:22 »

Pictures?

Not a particularly good pic, as I don't have a traditional setup at home.

260664-0

I am using Red Samurai for now, but  I may transition to Blue Samurai or Mecha-01 eventually, whenever I finally receive them.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 January 2021, 21:41:21 by SpinningHook »

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7023 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 10:07:35 »
Yeah the 'prototype' aesthetic of these through-hole kits is pretty neat. The case was designed by the board's creator and can be cut with or without the blockers. I really wanted to use my OG Cherry caps so I went with blockers for this build. I have a set of top panels without them if I ever change my mind but I doubt I'll ever use them.

The blueberries are great if you like heavy tactile switches. I like them quite a lot myself, but I tend to gravitate towards heavier switches in general.

Yeah, nice little kit it seems. Definitely one I would actually be tempted by.

I'm mostly a clicky guy. It seems my perception of what is and is not heavy has shifted as I less routinely use MX switches.

Pictures?

I am using Red Samurai for now, but  I may transition to Blue Samurai or Mecha-01 eventually, whenever I finally receive them.

Looks great.  :thumb:

I have always liked that smoked black look myself.

Offline HerrVoennchen

« Reply #7024 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 07:34:15 »
I'm using my Ducky One 2 SF right now, but (very) hopefully FedEx will deliver my new Varmilo Miyo68 Custom today to replace the Ducky due to the very annoying double char issue, which seems to get worse.
@work: Keychron K8 Pro w/ Gateron Ink Black v2
@home: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB (MX-Brown)
retired until fixed: Ducky One 2 SF (MX-Black, US-Layout)
Retired: Varmilo Miya Pro DualOS Custom (MX-Black, US-Layout)

Offline sirbuzzkillington

« Reply #7025 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 08:52:58 »
Currently using a Keychron K3 with their optical blue switches at work, and a logitech G915 TKL with the Logitech "clicky" white switches at home. Both boards have their strong points and i am enjoying using them. The only downside is the K3 is a 75% board and the logitech is a standard TKL so sometimes it takes a second to not miss mash a key. But overall i am very happy with both purchases. They are both very different boards so i enjoy going back and forth.  :D

Offline Leopard223

« Reply #7026 on: Fri, 29 January 2021, 16:36:24 »
Currently using an NK65 EE with BOX pink switches, PC is pretty hefty.

Offline 2disbetter

« Reply #7027 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 09:15:15 »
Currently using a ZSA moonlander, UHK version 1, or a HHKB Pro. Mostly on the Moonlander as I really like the cherry browns in it. The UHK has Kailh blues, but the version 2 I ordered will have the Kailh equivalents to the browns. The typing sounds of those switches is soothing.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7028 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 12:11:49 »
Kinesis Advantage LF w/Cherry MX Silent switches (new, and I've been too lazy to work on it). 

And Cherry G80-11900 w/Cherry MX Black switches and Krytox GPL205/Permatex grease.  Also swapped QWERTY springs with 30g.  Pretty sure the keycaps are PBT, so I'm reluctant to swap them out.

Two keyboards because I constantly switch between two different computers throughout my day :p

edit - alphanumeric springs...

edit - G80-11900 also has WASD 40A-R o-rings.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 February 2021, 09:20:54 by csmertx »

Offline SpinningHook

« Reply #7029 on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 20:12:59 »

Pictures?

Looks great.  :thumb:

I have always liked that smoked black look myself.

Thanks, and yeah I dig the smokey look, too. Tried to grab a NK65 EE Smoke, but had to settle for a Blumen as I didn't get to the page soon enough for that particular drop.

Offline pinkpurpleteal

« Reply #7030 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 02:22:13 »
Yui660c CB v1 aluminum case with my Leopold Fc660c

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7031 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 10:17:41 »
Guys, this is an absolute godsend. Mal and I were talking about keyboards and our mutual love for Matias, and he bit the bullet on a dampened Matias keyboard, and told me it was pretty good.

I am currently using it. It's a Laptop Pro 4 or something, and connects via bluetooth to the computer. Again, it's basically dampened alps, it feels a lot like a very good rubber dome but with a bit more tactility in the actuation point halfway through travel. Anyway, it's legitimately quiet, so I can do this online training while visiting my sister and her Doge while on video conferences without clacking the **** out of everything like I would normally do.

Offline typo

« Reply #7032 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 21:48:16 »
You have all heard about it already. A modified Topre Realforce PFU limited. Not 45G. So I say the only mod that matters is I have BKE light on the entire board and BKE extra light on the pinkies. I tried to make a variable. I think if you do one thing BKE is really snappy. I do not think anyone wants Heavy or extra heavy. I have the stock keycaps. They are fine and MX sliders add slop. I enjoy using all my MX boards. I do all my hours of coding on this. Just be careful when you open these boards or you are in for a little surprise :) Please be nice guys I do not think I said anything outrageous.

Offline HerrVoennchen

« Reply #7033 on: Wed, 03 February 2021, 02:06:43 »
My Varmilo Miyo Pro Custom finally arrived. I know, taste is taste, but i'm very happy with it. Got MX Black Switches, Dual Layout (Mac & Win), seems already lubed out of factory. And one Feature I already love, which my One 2 SF didn't have, is the permanent switch between numbers and functions keys. Or I did't figured that out on the Ducky.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2021, 02:09:01 by HerrVoennchen »
@work: Keychron K8 Pro w/ Gateron Ink Black v2
@home: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB (MX-Brown)
retired until fixed: Ducky One 2 SF (MX-Black, US-Layout)
Retired: Varmilo Miya Pro DualOS Custom (MX-Black, US-Layout)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7034 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 14:00:33 »
Guys, this is an absolute godsend. Mal and I were talking about keyboards and our mutual love for Matias, and he bit the bullet on a dampened Matias keyboard, and told me it was pretty good.

I am currently using it. It's a Laptop Pro 4 or something, and connects via bluetooth to the computer. Again, it's basically dampened alps, it feels a lot like a very good rubber dome but with a bit more tactility in the actuation point halfway through travel. Anyway, it's legitimately quiet, so I can do this online training while visiting my sister and her Doge while on video conferences without clacking the **** out of everything like I would normally do.

I'm glad you're liking it. I don't use their "quiet clicks" much, because I haven't had much need. If I needed a seriously quiet board for typing, they would be my choice since my Realforce 87u is stock and not exactly quiet. There's a recycling facility near me that I know is sitting on some dampened Alps though too if I ever wanted to snag those. Their bluetooth keyboards are pretty nice. I was using one in one of my cars for a while until I got tired of the few seconds it took to wake up and pair. If I stop being lazy and swap the guts over to turn my secure pro clicky I may use that in one of them, since RF should connect and start functioning faster.

My Varmilo Miyo Pro Custom finally arrived. I know, taste is taste, but i'm very happy with it. Got MX Black Switches, Dual Layout (Mac & Win), seems already lubed out of factory. And one Feature I already love, which my One 2 SF didn't have, is the permanent switch between numbers and functions keys. Or I did't figured that out on the Ducky.

Looks great to me. I always liked that Varmilo's lock lights are in the caps. I wish more boards and caps did that.

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #7035 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 14:15:12 »

Tapping on my office GMMK TKL with Gateron Browns.  I got the icicle silver case and set the backlighting to icy blue for the proper cool winter mood.  I was thinking to put Tuzi on this one eventually.  It was a bit of a shock when the group buy projected to ship a year from now.  :o 

This weekend I'm going to finish my second GMMK TKL from the black friday deal with Kailh Speed Bronze for a clicky option.  I haven't had time to lube and film all those switches yet.  I was hoping to put the Space Dust keycap set on it some day?  Maybe I'll put SA Nightlight on when it arrives.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7036 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 17:09:30 »
I feel like this needs a bump. Have a Model F AT.

262572-0

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7037 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 10:41:47 »
Are you actually using it? Have you tried it conconverted?

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7038 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 11:47:00 »
Are you actually using it? Have you tried it conconverted?

I am using it bone stock besides the USB adapter. What do you mean by converted? To ANSI? I have used it through native PS2 a few times, although that seems to be a real chore on some modern computers. Both of my ATs are stock and I have had both set up at different locations at once as daily drivers.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #7039 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:22:11 »
How do you feel about the escape key placement? I shoved mine in the tilde key and turned it into numlock.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7040 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 12:58:53 »
How do you feel about the escape key placement? I shoved mine in the tilde key and turned it into numlock.

Now that you mention it, I only just now noticed that the escape key in the AT layout is in the exact same place I put it on my F77. That must have been subliminal. I wouldn't say it is ideal having it tossed into the number pad, but it works.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7041 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 13:11:15 »

Good idea. I might do that to mine.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7042 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 13:31:33 »
My retropie

262798-0

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7043 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 13:36:54 »
My retropie

Have you got a Raspberry Pi jammed into the chassis of that keyboard then? I have often thought of such things. Yours looks great.

You look to be running out of Xbox 360 controllers. Speaking of which, is the NES theme some custom shell or something?

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7044 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 13:48:02 »
My retropie

Have you got a Raspberry Pi jammed into the chassis of that keyboard then? I have often thought of such things. Yours looks great.

You look to be running out of Xbox 360 controllers. Speaking of which, is the NES theme some custom shell or something?

Lol, I've got maybe 12 Xbox controllers at this point. 4 have some Star Wars skins that I put on in like 2011, and most of the rest are themed after the game boy, Atari 2600, Commodore SX-64, the Vic 20. I designed the skins and either ordered colored parts or spray painted them.

No pie in the keyboard. That one's not big enough. I may put one in a C64c case one day but for now, I'm working on a console style case that will have a similar color scheme to the famicom.

Offline micmil

« Reply #7045 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 17:43:30 »
Soarer's finally arrived and I'm now rocking the M122. Feel inferior. Unless you have one too. Then feel superior to everyone but me.  :p

It'll take some time to get this thing configured how I want but I might start using this as my daily driver. Depends on how well my RSI can cope with the stretch to left shift because who tf uses right shift?

Now I'm just waiting on the right tool so I can get this thing cracked open and move on to the next step of turning it into an industrial-wannabe.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #7046 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 18:14:02 »
Soarer's finally arrived and I'm now rocking the M122. Feel inferior. Unless you have one too. Then feel superior to everyone but me.  :p

It'll take some time to get this thing configured how I want but I might start using this as my daily driver. Depends on how well my RSI can cope with the stretch to left shift because who tf uses right shift?

Now I'm just waiting on the right tool so I can get this thing cracked open and move on to the next step of turning it into an industrial-wannabe.

Well since you asked, mine’s an F 122 so I still feel superior  ;D

Show us what it looks like when you’re all done!
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2021, 18:20:51 by ddrfraser1 »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7047 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:02:24 »

Offline micmil

« Reply #7048 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 19:26:07 »

Well since you asked, mine’s an F 122 so I still feel superior  ;D

Show us what it looks like when you’re all done!

Oh please. F is the 6th letter of the alphabet. M is the 13th. 13 > 6 last I checked.  ;D

If all goes well I'll upload a full build at some point. If you never hear about it again, pour one out for another M122 lost to some jackass on the internet.  :))

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7049 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:25:07 »

13 > 6

I have owned, used, rebuilt, and modified many variations of each.

Have you? If not, what are you basing your opinion on?

The Model M was an extreme cost-cutting successor to the Model F (with an order of magnitude fewer discreet components, for whatever that means).