Author Topic: Games you are most looking forward to  (Read 384094 times)

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Re: Games you are most looking forward to
« Reply #650 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:19:58 »
All this E3 hype but all I can think about is The Witness.

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:21:48 by jwaz »

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #651 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 20:32:18 »

Hnnnnnnngg
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #652 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 02:30:06 »
Oh god final fantasy 7 remake, I was literally stoned off endorphins my body went numb from the news.

Offline n3ro

« Reply #653 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:02:34 »
Metal Gear Solid V, Pagya Mobile, and Inside which is supposed to be Limbo's successor.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:00:34 »
Oh god final fantasy 7 remake, I was literally stoned off endorphins my body went numb from the news.

Unpopular opinion: I never much cared for VII.  I felt it was a pretty weak story and is overrated.  Even more unpopular opinion: I thought IX was a better game than VII.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #655 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:02:48 »
I really tried to get into 7, played it when the psx version came to PSN, enjoyed it for the most part, until it got open world with random encounters and trying to get that ****ing chocobo and the bastard ran off before I could out run that snake thing argh

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #656 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:42:37 »
Unpopular opinion: I never much cared for VII.  I felt it was a pretty weak story and is overrated.  Even more unpopular opinion: I thought IX was a better game than VII.

More unpopular opinion: I thought Legend of Dragoon was much better than FFVII and LoD was one of the only competitors to FFVII.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline dndlmx

« Reply #657 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 12:49:09 »
Chrono trigger and xenogears were probably their best games.  Yeah maybe ff7 is a little overrated, but its still got a special place in my heart.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 13:17:51 »

FFVIII was my favourite FF game.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #659 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 03:15:58 »
irrational hype is best hype.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #660 on: Thu, 18 June 2015, 21:38:26 »
New Mirror's Edge is gonna be sweet af
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #661 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 00:17:11 »

No Man's Sky is a science-fiction game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe.

The classic sci-fi art design mixed with old school space explorer/trader gameplay and a sandbox of (practically) infinite planets... *drool*
I know it's not for everyone, but for someone who grew up on games like Elite, X-Wing, Privateer, Descent, this is epic.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #662 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 00:27:57 »

No Man's Sky is a science-fiction game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe.

The classic sci-fi art design mixed with old school space explorer/trader gameplay and a sandbox of (practically) infinite planets... *drool*
I know it's not for everyone, but for someone who grew up on games like Elite, X-Wing, Privateer, Descent, this is epic.
That looks crazy, not sure how I haven't heard of this before

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #663 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 00:43:56 »

If you're interested, this interview with the lead developer is fascinating:

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #664 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 02:44:33 »

If you're interested, this interview with the lead developer is fascinating:

Wow, that was really cool

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #665 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 03:05:11 »
Have to say, was kinda underwhelmed by the demo on stage, looks like the game is simply just you exploring with no real purpose..

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #666 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 05:58:56 »
Have to say, was kinda underwhelmed by the demo on stage, looks like the game is simply just you exploring with no real purpose..

If that's "the point" then I'm okay with it. The purpose could be exploration, and if the claims made by the developer are true, this is one of the only games with true-to-life organic "exploration" where you can actually discover things that no one else has found.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #667 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 09:07:27 »

If that's "the point" then I'm okay with it. The purpose could be exploration, and if the claims made by the developer are true, this is one of the only games with true-to-life organic "exploration" where you can actually discover things that no one else has found.

I'm also okay with this, but remember, they don't even have a release date yet! I'm assuming they are going to have something that will hook the average PS4 user into picking it up.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #668 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 09:13:58 »

I'm also okay with this, but remember, they don't even have a release date yet! I'm assuming they are going to have something that will hook the average PS4 user into picking it up.

Why? Sony is best at making those random strange game's that appeals to a small minority

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #669 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 09:20:27 »

Why? Sony is best at making those random strange game's that appeals to a small minority
By deduction, we know hardly anything about the game play still and it's a long way off release - there has to be more to the game play loops.

Also they are a small studio, but this isn't a 'small game'. While not industry giants, they are a successful team and they have been working on this game for a long time. I don't think Sony are treating this as a quirky throw away indie game or a PSN freebie.

I could be wrong :)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #670 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:55:03 »
Damnnn Metal Gear Solid, Doom, and Fallout look sweet.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #671 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:55:46 »
Doom

Hells yea! I'm so stoked for the new Doom, gonna play it loud as **** and scare myself.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #672 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 10:12:49 »
Holy ****, No Man's Sky...

A galaxy generated by mathematical algorithms. Space, atmospheric and land combat. Pirating, trading, fighting. An entire GALAXY to explore and do anything with. It sounds truly amazing.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #673 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 11:25:11 »
They didn't show any news on Dark Cloud 3 :(

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #674 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 09:18:52 »
Need for Speed :] I'm a big Speedhunters fan and their collaboration means a lot to me  ;D

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #675 on: Fri, 31 July 2015, 07:49:08 »

THE HYPE CONTINUES ONLY A MONTH LEFT MGSV

Now with added ZoE Robotic arm HYPE

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #676 on: Mon, 03 August 2015, 20:40:07 »
Show Image

THE HYPE CONTINUES ONLY A MONTH LEFT MGSV

Now with added ZoE Robotic arm HYPE

Show Image

I'm hyperventilating knowing it's so close.
This news just made things even better!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 06 August 2015, 14:58:46 »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #678 on: Fri, 07 August 2015, 01:56:56 »
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline kelbear

• (。◕‿‿◕。) PIEPIEPIE~~
    • WorthyList
« Reply #679 on: Sat, 08 August 2015, 08:39:12 »
For upcoming MMO's... hands down I'm psyched for the coming NA/EU release of Blade and Soul and Black Desert.

Blade and Soul has awesome graphics, action gameplay and intense PvP - CBT release this Fall and expected release this Winter! I've been waiting for 3 years and this moment has finally come (ʘ‿ʘ). Same goes for Black Desert hypedhypedhyped

Personally waiting for Blade and Soul release in America, the game looks so promising in every aspect. I hope it doesn't disappoint like all other asian mmorpgs
Watch Dogs and Blade & Soul, hoping that they will be some huge MMORPG release soon
Thief, Blade and Soul, The Division, Wildstar, Titanfall is my list.

YES YES YES.. I'm actually currently playing it now and am posting some gameplay videos :o the ping is terribly high but still SUPER EXCITED. Looks like theres quite a few people anticipating BnS, anyone playing the CN server currently?
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 August 2015, 08:51:36 by kelbear »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #680 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 04:58:14 »

20 ****ING DAYS MATES

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #681 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:25:20 »
I still need to play the original metal gear games, I have only played a little bit of ground zeros..And I'm not sure how a metal gear fan would react to that.  :p

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #682 on: Tue, 11 August 2015, 05:27:48 »
I still need to play the original metal gear games, I have only played a little bit of ground zeros..And I'm not sure how a metal gear fan would react to that.  :p

I mean, we all make mistakes ;)

Offline Clicky

« Reply #683 on: Sat, 15 August 2015, 14:53:58 »

I mean, we all make mistakes ;)

I'm right there with you baldgye.  Bought Ground Zeroes a year ago, played a couple minutes of it, wasn't super impressed.  Put it in again a couple of months ago and was totally hooked.  In the past month or two I've played through MGS, MGS2, MGS3, and now a good chunk of Peacewalker, all on my Vita.  Wish I could have played the games when they were originally released because I was definitely spoiled by having experienced the modern gameplay of Ground Zeroes.  That being said, I enjoyed the games and was happy with my time with them.  Super excited for the release of The Phantom Pain.  If anyone is playing on PS4, add me: DarkestKnyte.  Maybe we can team up when MGO3 drops.

I was a little surprised to see people so hyped for No Man's Sky here.  I am looking forward to the game, but I just don't feel like we know enough about the game to generate real hype.  The concept is just crazy awesome.  But from what I've seen the planets all look a little sparse....same with the gameplay.  I hope in the end the game lives up to the hype and potential.

If SW:Battlefront can capture the magic the original games, I'll be losing my mind when that comes out.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #684 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 17:39:15 »

9 ****ING DAYS MATES

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #685 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 17:56:05 »
Show Image

That looks really cool, what is it from Binge? O>O
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #686 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 19:25:18 »
Show Image

Hyper Light Drifter?

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #687 on: Sun, 23 August 2015, 19:25:58 »

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #688 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 11:40:11 »
Show Image

Hyper Light Drifter?
Ohh thank you, looks like it will be out on the Vita too might have to pick it up as it looks visually nice anyway, although I'm never a fan or RPG typey games :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #689 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 14:45:44 »
Show Image

Hyper Light Drifter?
Ohh thank you, looks like it will be out on the Vita too might have to pick it up as it looks visually nice anyway, although I'm never a fan or RPG typey games :X

Hyperlight is an RPG?  First I've heard of this.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #690 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 15:01:14 »
Show Image

Hyper Light Drifter?

Yup. From the kickstarter:

Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D Action RPG in the vein of the best 8-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #691 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 15:16:36 »
Show Image

Hyper Light Drifter?

Hyper Light Drifter is a 2D Action RPG in the vein of the best 8-bit and 16-bit classics, with modernized mechanics and designs on a much grander scale.

Blam, looks like it is though our of curiosity what did you think it was then binge? O>O
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #692 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:38:19 »
MY ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED

ITS BEEN SHIPPED ITS BEEN ****ING SHIPPED MY COPY OF MGSV IS ON ITS ****ING WAY HOLY **** YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:52:12 by baldgye »

Offline kampongkid

« Reply #693 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 03:52:35 »
new trailer for hyperlight drifter. hopefully the vita port isn't canceled like galak-z was  :-X

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #694 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:22:12 »

ITS BEEN SHIPPED ITS BEEN ****ING SHIPPED MY COPY OF MGSV IS ON ITS ****ING WAY HOLY **** YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Are you excited? I heard it's not half bad ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #695 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:24:08 »

Are you excited? I heard it's not half bad ;)

MAYBE A LITTLE

BOTH MY PS4 CE AND CE COPY OF MGSV HAVE BEEN SHIPPED

HOLY ****

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #696 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 19:37:27 »
I guess I'm pretty lame compared to some of you...here's what I'm excited for:

• Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Star Fox (not getting this initially)

I preordered Fallout 4 but I'm not "excited" for it? IDK. I'm more excited for the Pip Boy itself, that thing is sweet.

Maybe I'll check out NFS. I've pretty much tuned out since Carbon. Played a bit of Rivals, which was fun.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #697 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 22:53:53 »
I guess I'm pretty lame compared to some of you...here's what I'm excited for:

• Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Star Fox (not getting this initially)

I preordered Fallout 4 but I'm not "excited" for it? IDK. I'm more excited for the Pip Boy itself, that thing is sweet.

Maybe I'll check out NFS. I've pretty much tuned out since Carbon. Played a bit of Rivals, which was fun.
I also want to play yoshis woolly world.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #698 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 01:09:16 »
Cuphead

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #699 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 01:22:28 »
Show Image

Hyper Light Drifter?

Blam, looks like it is though our of curiosity what did you think it was then binge? O>O
ARPG and RPG are very different genres.  Dis is like Zelda for adults.