Author Topic: [IC] Number row keycap set concept  (Read 2067 times)

Offline mdszy

• ayy lmao
    • mdszy
[IC] Number row keycap set concept
« on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 12:15:28 »
I've just gotten into the wonderful world of wallet-destroying mechanical keyboards pretty recently but I've already had a concept running around in my head for a while that I'd really love being able to make a reality.

I noticed that almost every set of number row keys on any keyboard, really the legends either focus on the numbers themselves or are entirely blank. The symbols, if present, are always secondary. I came up with a bit of a concept which I put into a mockup that you can view here. The keys could either have the numbers side-printed or not at all and I've put in the mockup both DSA and DCS families. I have yet to come up with colors to put them in.

Another thing is, honestly, I have no idea how to go about getting these manufactured. I've heard Signature Plastics is pretty popular. Anyone have any tips in regards to how to get these ordered from them? I imagine that eventually I'd create a group-buy thread with some sort of order form, but I'm not very familiar with the whole process.

Feel free to give input, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Also, here's an image showing the keys:

« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 12:21:23 by mdszy »

Das Keyboard Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition | Pok3r

Offline mdszy

• ayy lmao
    • mdszy
Re: [IC] Number row keycap set concept
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:13:09 »
Any input?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 10:34:36 »
I like the second one the best. I know the numbers by heart, but am always looking at my keyboard when I have to find the right symbol.

Why DCS?

Offline mdszy

• ayy lmao
    • mdszy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 17 July 2015, 12:02:03 »
I like the second one the best. I know the numbers by heart, but am always looking at my keyboard when I have to find the right symbol.

Why DCS?

I dunno, I just thought it'd be best to make mockups of both DSA/DCS. It might be best to offer them in just DSA though. I still haven't decided.