Author Topic: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - 100% Shipped - Cleaning up  (Read 304602 times)

Offline forumusername

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Recieving / Sorting / QC
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 11:09:29 »
My body is ready

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline MegalaDump

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 02 May 2018, 23:57:53 »
My body is ready

Couldn't have said it better myself. The hype is real :eek:
AL1 x2 | Southpaw extended 65 x2 | Southpaw Full Size x2 (when they ship) | TX-Cp x2 | Duck Jetfire | UK78 | Pearl 40 | TGR Alice | Doro67 (when it ships) | QXP (when it ships) | Singa Polycarb | ALF-x11 (when it ships)

Offline karankshah

« Reply #202 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 13:22:33 »
Any images of what the bent plates are going to look like in their finish?

Also - any pictures of the PCB's?

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 04 May 2018, 13:49:00 »
Looking sexyyyy.

Btw, could I borrow a knife or two? Thanks.

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline floristfran

• I Wanted a foam bath and i got a slimy eel bath
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 04:14:13 »
damn, really wishing i got a alu case, might have to get one of the extras

Offline reconsiderit

• I'm actually not left handed www.switchplate.co
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 19:36:51 »
May 5th Update  -  Major

So as some of you guys on discord have heard last night that there are some pretty major issues (in my eyes at least) with the project and I would like everyone to have an idea of what’s going on. I received the items on Friday of last week and immediately realized that there were a few things that were quite off. Because there were a number of people involved, it’s not certain where the files were adjusted but there’s just a lack of accountability in the situation so if anything needs to be redone, I’m willing to dig into my own pockets to make things right since want to make something that you guys can enjoy and be happy with. 

There were also features discussed  that didn’t get revised onto the final items and that part of things is being negotiated with the vendor that’s working as a middleman for all the production. I’ll keep everyone updated as something is worked out. All of the issues are listed below. Album of issues is here: https://imgur.com/a/QVQeZGq

PCBs
- Magnetic reset switch soldered to the underside of the PCB. It’s advisable for all cases and required for the aluminum case that this be cut off or resoldered on the top side. If you decide to just cut it, you can short the reset from the topside.
- Solder Mask was done in white instead of black. Vendor claimed to not have seen my email about doing a white solder mask and aren’t willing to fix it. 
- Missing vertical ISO Enter for alps. This will not affect you if you’re planning on using an adapter or are planning on using DCS or DSA alps caps. If you’re planning to build a board up with alps, I urge you to email me about it.

Aluminum Cases
- Some blem (b-stock cases) in the run that was shipped to me. For the most part though, the anodizing came out amazing.
- Rubber pads were never manufactured. This was discussed but same issue as white solder mask. I will most likely have them done and send them out to everyone at a later date. I’ll be throwing bumpons in with if you choose to have your board shipped asap.

Plates
- Some plates were hastily cut. The cut lines on some of the plates look as if the DXF was drawn in MS Paint.
- About 60-80 percent of plates were mangled in transit. Partially because the vendor wrapped them together with shrink wrap and packed them in a single sheet of bubble wrap.
- DXF cut file was altered somewhere along the line and the edges are insanely thin. This will be fixed when new ones are made.

Bent Plates
- File was changed somewhere along the line and nobody wants to claim responsibility. Completely an aesthetical change, but I personally am pretty pissed about it.

Enclosed Steel case
- Screw holes on plate section weren’t removed
- Holes for cone feet were never cut.
- Some cases have fit issues and do not sit level on the ground.

Alright, so now for the important part.

I know everyone has been waiting a damn ridiculous amount of time for these so I’ll have a few options for you guys to choose from.

For bent plates and integrated cases, since the discrepancy in manufacturing is 100% aesthetical and doesn’t at all affect function, (save for the holes for the cone feet and cases that have allignment issues) I will give you the option to either take the one that’s here at the moment or to wait for the new units to be manufactured.The one condition to be met for remanufacturing though is that we need a certain number of units in order to make manufacturing them viable. Probably will be something along the lines of 10-20 units with a one to two month lead time.

For orders with aluminum cases and standalone plates, it’s a slightly different situation. A large majority of the plates came damaged and after QC, most either qualify as b-stock or belong with recyclable aluminum cans. Because most of you guys won’t be building plateless boards and probably don’t want to resolder, I have Three options as far as plates go.
-  I can send you a b- stock plate and issue a partial refund. These plates are useable, but they’re not ultra straight. Keep in mind plates will straighten out when you mount and solder switches. As this is tray mount, the plate doesn’t as much contribute to the feel of the board as it does stability of the switches.
-  I can refund you for the plate in full and you can build the board up plateless. Keep in mind that you’ll need PCB mount switches to build it up like this and you’ll have marginally more wobble with certain switches.
-  You can wait for the plates to be redone. This will be around a month or two. One thing though is that if the factory can’t give me a 100% guarantee that plates will come out perfect, I’ll be going to a different factory that’s been used for some really really high end customs and having them make the plates. With the secondary option, I have doubts of the colors being 100% perfect, but I personally value function over form.

I might or might not have enough A stock cases to cover every single color. (I’m about 75 or 80 percent through QC and I know that there’s one case color where there aren’t enough A stock cases) If there aren’t enough A stock cases for your selected color, I can do one of three things.
-  I can send you the blem case with the partial refund. I’ll be sending everyone images of the exact case they’ll be receiving so there aren’t any unwelcome surprises.
-  You can opt to wait for the cases to be redone. 1-2 month wait.

Final Notes
I am really sorry that this is once again delayed. I will be doing future projects with my own manufacturing and resources (some of them which have manufactured customs and higher end boards before) and local designers to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. This will also help lower prices from here on out since I will no longer be going through a middleman of sorts. As for this situation specifically, send inquiries for order change to contact@switchplate.co and I will take note of what you would like to do with your order and process it accordingly. These decisions will be final as I will be allocating items accordingly to b-stock for those that wanted extras as soon as I process your order. For general questions, please use the comments here or the GH thread so I can get an idea of what everyone wants. I’ll try to answer them promptly here, on GH and discord. Replies might be a little slow, but I’m damn busy this week with APs and Finals at school so if I don’t respond within 12 hours, definitely feel free to resend the message. Keep your eyes out for another update on the website and the GH thread as discussions with the vendor and QC finishes up.

Link to sign up for update emails:  https://switchplate.us17.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=618cf646781228a46f5914218&id=3fc437233f
Link to GH Thread:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92344.0
Link to project page on website: https://switchplate.co/collections/southpaw-extended-65-group-buy
Order changes only, use threads and discord for general questions:  contact@switchplate.co
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline JamesOFarrell

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - Sorting / QC - Major Update - 5/9/18
« Reply #206 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 21:03:01 »
What does this mean for people in the Taobao GB. Were their items shipped to you or directly to KRepublic? Do we contact you about this or try and contact KRepublic?

Offline karankshah

« Reply #207 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:27:03 »
Having seen the bent plate images, assuming it's in line with what the pics show, I'm more than happy to take it. No concerns from my end. Do you need confirmation over email?

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:28:26 »
Bent plate only here.  I'm flexible. Whatever everyone else wants to do i'm cool either taking the "new" one or waiting for the fix.
-Dana

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 22:44:22 »
Order 1041 here

1. What discord you talking about? dont see it linked anywhere?

2. Bent plate buyer, indifferent about aesthetic changes but will suck it up and wait if you need more people to hit the MOQ for a remanufacture (I say this with the intent that this will not be at any additional cost to anyone who opts for the correct design)

3. PCB resoldering is kind of dicey...Not really a fan of having to tinker with something like desoldering or shorting something because the manufacturer refuses to fix an error. Maybe provide some kind of how to fix diagram/sheet and include an imgur album showing us how to properly short/resolder it, so I and any other people not confident in their soldering dont run the risk of ruining a board they've waited a long time to receive.

4. Solder masks are whatever, white is fine, at least its not green haha

I know I sound like I'm being picky/whiny but I appreciate the transparency over the delays and the issues. Unfortunate that some manufacturers have a lower standard of quality than others but what can you do...hindsight is 20/20

Hopefully with the re-manufacture they actually package their shipments appropriately

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #210 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 23:15:49 »
Having seen the bent plate images, assuming it's in line with what the pics show, I'm more than happy to take it. No concerns from my end. Do you need confirmation over email?
Yeah, a confirmation over email is best if you've purchased through the NA website, but if you've purchased through taobao, I'll go ahead and forward your reply to them. They were the ones involved in production for the GB so I'll talk it over and have them send you the one that they should have on hand. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 May 2018, 23:31:00 by reconsiderit »
Southpaw 65 || Southpaw Full Size || Trinity XT TKL || TGR Jane V2 || TGR 910 RE || Duck Jetfire || Matrix Lab 1.2 OG || Jubi || Lunar || Lunar II || g80-1800 HEU

switchplate.co

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 23:17:12 »
Sorry for issues in this buy but thank you for the transparency.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 01:15:45 »
Order 1041 here

1. What discord you talking about? dont see it linked anywhere?

2. Bent plate buyer, indifferent about aesthetic changes but will suck it up and wait if you need more people to hit the MOQ for a remanufacture (I say this with the intent that this will not be at any additional cost to anyone who opts for the correct design)

3. PCB resoldering is kind of dicey...Not really a fan of having to tinker with something like desoldering or shorting something because the manufacturer refuses to fix an error. Maybe provide some kind of how to fix diagram/sheet and include an imgur album showing us how to properly short/resolder it, so I and any other people not confident in their soldering dont run the risk of ruining a board they've waited a long time to receive.

4. Solder masks are whatever, white is fine, at least its not green haha

I know I sound like I'm being picky/whiny but I appreciate the transparency over the delays and the issues. Unfortunate that some manufacturers have a lower standard of quality than others but what can you do...hindsight is 20/20

Hopefully with the re-manufacture they actually package their shipments appropriately

1/  For discord contact, just go ahead and PM me. I'm on there as reconsiderit, #0001

2/  I'm talking with the vendor who worked as a middleman for all this and what I can tell is that even if we don't meet MOQ, I'll suck it up and buy out extras because at the time of me closing the extras form, there were around 60 people with reservations for extra spots.

3/  Other people have pointed out the PCB part. What I think I'll be doing is as I send emails out to people to check is also check to see if this is something they can do themselves. If not, I'll most likely flip it around for them before I ship.

switchplate.co

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 01:18:48 »
Aww that's unfortunate there are so many issues with manufacturing :(.
1. Does this affect the orders with Stainless Steel plates for the aluminum case?

2. I ordered a raw aluminum case, will you be sending those back/requesting more of them due to the blemishes?

If the Stainless steel plates and raw aluminum cases aren't up to spec i would rather wait for replacements to be made rather than take B stock case. Thanks for the transparency of the matter, I know the QC was out of your control and i appreciate the update.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #214 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 01:43:43 »
Aww that's unfortunate there are so many issues with manufacturing :(.
1. Does this affect the orders with Stainless Steel plates for the aluminum case?

2. I ordered a raw aluminum case, will you be sending those back/requesting more of them due to the blemishes?

If the Stainless steel plates and raw aluminum cases aren't up to spec i would rather wait for replacements to be made rather than take B stock case. Thanks for the transparency of the matter, I know the QC was out of your control and i appreciate the update.

There are a number of stainless steel plates that did survive shipping so if your order is earlier on in the queue, it might be shipped out next week. As far as the raw cases are concerned, I haven't checked all of the cases yet, but with the ones that I have gone through there have only been two blems which I'll be requesting new ones of.

switchplate.co

Offline kwerdenker

• thinkkwer.eu
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 03:35:19 »
Thank you for the detailed update, even though it's not the news we all were waiting for :(

A couple of questions:
1. How easy/hard is the re-soldering of the reset switch? Can it easily be done by people who are not setup for/experienced in SMD soldering?
2. Would it be possible for you to release the files for the plates when the corrected version is done? This way people could get their own cut if they don't want to wait for the new batch.
3. Should the people who ordered through Candykeys go directly through them to work out their options (b-stock/partial refunds, waiting, etc) or should that also go through you?

Offline TyrionLannister

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 10:54:04 »
I signed up for an extra spot, and am still onboard. In fact, if you need help fronting the money for remanufacture, let me know and I can loan you up to 5-10k if you need it.

Personally, I think it would be worth doing the PCBs correctly in a new batch. Why not place a decent sized order for the most popular versions (hi-pro alu case in the 3 most popular colors and bent plate case) since there's such a large interest in extras? You could easily, easily sell them all (at a higher price than the GB) on r/mm and here.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:21:44 »
I signed up for an extra spot, and am still onboard. In fact, if you need help fronting the money for remanufacture, let me know and I can loan you up to 5-10k if you need it.

Personally, I think it would be worth doing the PCBs correctly in a new batch. Why not place a decent sized order for the most popular versions (hi-pro alu case in the 3 most popular colors and bent plate case) since there's such a large interest in extras? You could easily, easily sell them all (at a higher price than the GB) on r/mm and here.

Hey man, I appreciate the offer for financial help but have to politely decline.

As far as producing a new batch, I would rather run v2 of the board than redo the current ones as there are some pretty significant updates that I had in mind.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #218 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 13:26:32 »
Thank you for the detailed update, even though it's not the news we all were waiting for :(

A couple of questions:
1. How easy/hard is the re-soldering of the reset switch? Can it easily be done by people who are not setup for/experienced in SMD soldering?
2. Would it be possible for you to release the files for the plates when the corrected version is done? This way people could get their own cut if they don't want to wait for the new batch.
3. Should the people who ordered through Candykeys go directly through them to work out their options (b-stock/partial refunds, waiting, etc) or should that also go through you?

1/  The reset switch is thru-hole. the pads are around the size of LEDs and can be accessed from both sides so it should be about as easy/difficult to resolder as an LED
2/  That's a pretty good idea. I'll mention that in the email that I'll send out.
3/  So Candykeys hasn't had their order shipped yet since I had it held as soon as I got my shipment from CN and saw all the issues. It would be best to contact them to work out options.

switchplate.co

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #219 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:06:55 »
Bent plate buyer here. Is there any possibility to see a picture of it, and how it differs from the planned design? Waiting is fine i guess (the magic of groupbuys eh? :D) But depending on if it's in your face bothersome, or if its some angle on the backside that doesn't affect that much ... well you know.

Thanks for the update anyways!

Edit: i was just going to bed so i didn't see the album sorry....
Anyways, is it the bezel on the left that's the error? the one that is softer? I kinda of like that myself :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 May 2018, 17:10:40 by bearwolfz »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #220 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 18:59:07 »
Dumb question perhaps, but with the standalone plates is it possible to just flatten them out with a hammer or would that end up damaging them?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #221 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 19:57:50 »
Bent plate buyer here. Is there any possibility to see a picture of it, and how it differs from the planned design? Waiting is fine i guess (the magic of groupbuys eh? :D) But depending on if it's in your face bothersome, or if its some angle on the backside that doesn't affect that much ... well you know.

Thanks for the update anyways!

Edit: i was just going to bed so i didn't see the album sorry....
Anyways, is it the bezel on the left that's the error? the one that is softer? I kinda of like that myself :D

The discrepancy with the bent case is in the bezels. The one on the right is the proto with equal bezels and the one on the left is the production run with the larger bottom bezel. The bends are the same radius, but they appear a little different because of the lighting.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #222 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 20:17:00 »
Dumb question perhaps, but with the standalone plates is it possible to just flatten them out with a hammer or would that end up damaging them?
The main issue is that the material (6063) used for the plate is relatively elastic since it was made from rolled and not extruded sheet. It needs to be bent beyond flat and tweaked till its flat. This isn't the issue as any of the very minor bends are worked out as soon as the switches are mounted and the board soldered together. The main issue with a lot of the plates is that they've been bent vertically which is difficult to get right.

I'll be offering the plates that are slightly bowed as b-stock if the cuts are still good. That said, the laser cuts for the plates are all over the place. Some of them are literally perfect with only the entry/exit point for the laser and some other ones look like MS paint.

switchplate.co

Offline Stagione

« Reply #223 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 00:09:32 »
Should I send you an email directly or wait for you to send out the mass email first?

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #224 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 01:01:27 »
Should I send you an email directly or wait for you to send out the mass email first?

You can go ahead and email me whenever. I'll make a note on the order.

switchplate.co

Offline hoangvu95

« Reply #225 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:41:16 »
Bent plate order here, I'm completely fine with the change since I'm gonna try to make a wood case for it as my summer mini project (gonna have to adjust ma drawing a bit but it's not a big deal for me). I'm gonna try to e-mail you sometime today.

Hope everything will be fine, it's a normal thing for GB manu from China I guess, hope everything will resolve smoothly for both you and other buyers
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 May 2018, 10:44:25 by hoangvu95 »

Offline Phile Newbean

« Reply #226 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 11:32:50 »
Will a key cap set that supports 1800 layout, support this keyboard?

Offline Phile Newbean

« Reply #227 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 11:36:00 »
Will a key cap set that supports 1800 support this keyboard?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 12:54:56 »

1800 support does not mean 65-75% support, so no? You want to look for 65-75% support (which is R2/3 Nav keys, usually Pg Up/Dn, and also a Fn key), all good keysets support these.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #229 on: Fri, 11 May 2018, 22:18:41 »

A set off a vintage 1800 board will cover the entire board but you'll have some mismatched key cap profiles on the right side.

Offline dhupp

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 09:52:55 »
I'm a integrated case buyer and I'd be interested in waiting a while longer if it meant a superior product!

Offline HOBI3CAT

• FraktalKaps.com
    • Fraktal Kaps Website
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 12:44:19 »
Sorry to hear about all the QC issues with these.... You seem like you are handling it really well though, so I applaud you for that!
I will send you an email, but here's my situation/thoughts anyway:

1. I am a bent-case buyer here, and I'm fine with taking the one with the offset bezels!

2. The solder mask color makes no difference to me, and I'm fine with re-soldering the reset switch on top myself (although it would be helpful to post a picture guide for those with little/no soldering experience)

3. Guess I missed out on the leftovers form, but I assume you will be offering up some of the B-stock cnc cases later on for sale? I was interested in getting a black/grey cnc case anyway, but I'd be happy with a B-stock one! I'd also be fine with a B-stock matching mx plate too (as long as it wasn't bent vertically).

Hope you can get this all resolved quickly and easily without pulling your hair out too much!  :thumb:
Eat, Sleep, Resin, Repeat.

Offline lac29

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 15:31:48 »
Order #1009

I'd rather wait for everything to be shipped at the same time for me even with waiting.

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 03:52:54 »
Order #1009

I'd rather wait for everything to be shipped at the same time for me even with waiting.

Hey man, if possible, I would prefer order changes to be made through email. Shoot me am email at contact@switchplate.co and I'll get you sorted out. Thanks!

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

Re: [GB] Southpaw Extended 65% - QC - Major Update - 5/9/18
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 04:03:35 »
Well, came across another issue while building up a unit for photos since people wanted to see what the bent plate looked like when built. Luckily, I caught it before anything was shipped.

The plates were revised incorrectly and only take 1.25u for the two leftmost keys. This mainly affects those that are planning to use the left hand arrow cluster as these plates will not take those anymore. Keep that in mind when you decide on taking or waiting for new plates. Pic below shows the issue. You can see on the left cutout that it's offset the wrong way, for .25u off to the right for 1.5u. Also notice that the cutout for winkey is now just 1u.

Something somebody else suggested was to make the plates open source so that rather than waiting, you can order one from one of the many people in the community that cut custom acrylic plates. I'm having one cut at the moment to test fit. Once that's done I'll put the file up here for everyone to use.

Edit: Email should be sent tomorrow. Hopefully. I'm getting all the issues condensed into one email/blog post

----------------------------------------------

Pics of revised bent case are below. It's a 100% aesthetical change apart from plate compatibility.

« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 04:12:59 by reconsiderit »

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #235 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:23:18 »
Mass email will be sent out today. I'll edit this post to include the order status spreadsheet once that is ok'd.

Album of issues for those that want to see what the issues are like:  https://imgur.com/a/uvbtjy3

Edit: Link to discord server for my storefront:  https://discord.gg/u5xPRTS
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 May 2018, 17:28:10 by reconsiderit »

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 13:13:32 »
So some people didn't get links to the order spreadsheet that I sent out to the email. Check this spreadsheet for order status.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NfHX9UrMbozEmZN5RGGtuyA_qkEDUO1P7F_tV7Dbur0/edit?usp=sharing

switchplate.co

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #237 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 17:16:34 »
Hi,

If we ordered via EU proxy do we need to do anything or just sit tight?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline bearwolfz

« Reply #238 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 07:48:00 »
Hi,

Yeah, i had a chat with Candykeys and he said that they won't ship out any products that didn't get cleared through QC in case of more unexpected problems. So just wait!
[Screams internally]
but it will be worth it :D

Offline flyingalbatross1

Hi,

Yeah, i had a chat with Candykeys and he said that they won't ship out any products that didn't get cleared through QC in case of more unexpected problems. So just wait!
[Screams internally]
No prob - just keen to get my hands on it! Looking at more keycap sets

Keen for a R2 as well if it goes ahead

Offline Harms

Hi,

[Screams internally]

Yea a R2 would be awesome!

Offline reconsiderit

Alright, just made a trip to the post office today and dropped off 20ish (I think) boxes. There are another 20 or 30 or so that still need to be packed. Good news is that I still have a number of a-stock cases as many of you guys opted to wait for reworked cases. I'm doing the resoldering for all the reset switches today and should have those orders out hopefully by the end of this week or early next week.

switchplate.co

Offline reconsiderit

Hi,

[Screams internally]

R2 will be more of a "version 2". Expect the numpad to be a little spaced out from the rest of the board. This though means no more left hand arrow clusters, but after using it for a while, I've realized that you can just toggle numlock to turn the numpad into an arrow cluster. Then again, I'm not left handed and I only use the arrows under the "numlock layer" with things like lightroom and such.

switchplate.co

Offline Harms

Hi,

[Screams internally]

R2 will be more of a "version 2". Expect the numpad to be a little spaced out from the rest of the board. This though means no more left hand arrow clusters, but after using it for a while, I've realized that you can just toggle numlock to turn the numpad into an arrow cluster. Then again, I'm not left handed and I only use the arrows under the "numlock layer" with things like lightroom and such.
That sounds great. Hopefully version 2 will be top mounted like your latest 100% KB with left numpad project instead of tray mount.

Offline lac29

I'm really keen on a R2 with the numpad spaced slightly away from the rest of the layout. I'm hoping to see some other improvements and design changes to the case. Keep us updated!

Offline under.pk

A little space will make this layout become usable, I did a handwire to test the layout while I wait my plate and pcb arrive and have found that the layout is really hard to use with numpad next to the left modifiers. You have to watch your keyboard everytime you use it.

Offline reconsiderit

A little space will make this layout become usable, I did a handwire to test the layout while I wait my plate and pcb arrive and have found that the layout is really hard to use with numpad next to the left modifiers. You have to watch your keyboard everytime you use it.

Yeah, there are certain advantages to having it spaced and having it right up against the left mods. For one, I use it for a lot of CAD work and find it easy to reach the tab and shift while I'm on the numpad which helps a little in terms of working efficiency. Additionally, you'll have that dedicated left arrow cluster. On the other hand, spacing it out will most likely eliminate any chance for mistakes or anything similar.

switchplate.co

Offline euphxenos

Hi,

[Screams internally]

If you really wanted to have a bit of separation between the numpad on the left *and* still have a left side arrow cluster, you could do a layout sort of like a left handed 1800.  Unfortunately, then the left side arrows cluster would be mandatory, you'd lose a key on the bottom row, you'd have to have a small left shift, and you wouldn't be able to have a double height enter key on the numpad.  No problem!  I'm in.  :)

Offline flyingalbatross1

Hi,

[Screams internally]

Sounds awesome! I won't miss the left hand arrow keys, it's the small form factor layout and left hand numpad that's attractive.

Offline THRILLHOIAF

tracking is in! Now to use the gaterons I bought ages ago or get something new ...