geekhack Community > Keyboards

Switch not working.

(1/2) > >>

snvflow:
Anyone can help me to fix this faulty switch? Its a ''W'' on 2013 blackwidow. Tryed to use a wire to fix the trace, but nothing is working

suicidal_orange:
Very hard to see (black boards are not helpful!) but to me the other leg of the switch you have a wire on doesn't look great - are you sure that it is connected?  If it isn't it looks like you have a problem as I'm guessing all the left pins not having traces means they are connected to the diodes on the other side of the board.  It is a commercial board though, so expecting any kind of pattern resembling common sense is optimistic.

A pic of a bigger section of the board might reveal something, if you can find a big light source to highlight lots of traces that would be good.

snvflow:
1) The only thing that is apparently broken is the ''red line trace'' (pic)
2) In this board, the left pins does not have any traces and its impossible to access the other side of pcb.
3) Apparently all the left pins are connected from the other side of the pcb to the chip.

suicidal_orange:
Did the red trace come away with the ring?  Looks shiny and scratched off but I'm assuming you tried shorting the other pin to the red trace to see if it typed a W as you seem to have some idea what's going on - if not try it.  If it works carefully solder the yellow wire to the trace.

Assuming that didn't help Is the left pin connected to the chip with the probes both ways or only with the probes one way round?  This confirms if the diode is attached to the left or right pin.

snvflow:

What does this LED ''d106'' on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version