geekhack Community > Keyboards

I lost one but gained a few

(1/2) > >>

xsphat:
My Cherry 4100's plug broke when I was plugging it in at work last week. Bummer, huh? I don't think I even want to fix it. I have a keyboard that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow, and if it is, I will upload some pics.

So for now, I stuck with carp Apple membranes like everyone else at that place. The problem is that the Cherry was the only keyboard I have that is quiet enough to use at work. I couldn't imagine me typing an email in the middel of the newsroom with a model M or some Alps switches - they would kill me. At times, many times, that place is silent as a tomb.

The one that is supposed to be delivered tomarrow has Alps switches, so it's gonna be loud, and I bought one of the last remaining Mac Mini keyboards from Karl at DSI. I got one of them with black switches like my Cherry, but they are the full sized MX switches. I am excited about that one. I'll post a review of both when I get them.

Later.

Whiskey in the Jar-o:
That doesn't sound like a big job to fix it. Quiet newsroom? That's not how it is in the movies!

xsphat:
And also, "Stop the presses" is really uncommon in the movies. In real life, it happens too much and it's never good.

Whiskey in the Jar-o:
Why not one of those new Apple Aluminium keyboards?

xsphat:
Scissors switches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version