geekhack Community > Keyboards

Got the blues today

(1/2) > >>

xsphat:
The iOne Scorpius M10 arrived today. The keyboard itself feels a little chinsier than what I'm used to, but it is a $50 mechanical keyboard after all. The blues are alright but they are far from my favorite switch. I think the browns actuate a little sooner or something because they feel touchier than the blues.

I need a few days on this, but we'll talk more about this in the near future.

xsphat:
So far, I like the Cherry browns best. If I want a clicky switch, I prefer the Alps whites to the Cherry blues any day. After so long on the capacitive and Cherry brown switches, the blues actually cause me a significant amount of wrist discomfort while typing. This I find kind of shocking. I wonder if it could be an artifact of the keyboard itself.

Wnat do you think GeekHackers? Could my wrist discomfort be caused by the keyboard or is the switch to blame?

zerogravitas:
How do they feel compared to Model M Buckling springs?

xsphat:
Not nearly as stiff and the buckling springs have a real solid, rigid feel to them that I have not encountered in any other keyboard. These don't have that, they feel like Cherry switches. I really don't know how to say about it better than that. The browns, blacks and blues all this same sort of feel which is different than Alps and buckling springs.

More later, I NEED to catch up on some school stuff right now.

karlito:

--- Quote ---Wnat do you think GeekHackers? Could my wrist discomfort be caused by the keyboard or is the switch to blame?
--- End quote ---

It's the keyboard . I guess you havent noticed that the keys are deep in the plastic shell of the keyboard.  I noticed it mostly w/ the Ins/Del/Home/End/PageUp/PageDown keys when I used that keyboard (scorpious m10).

I tried to compare it w/ a "regular" keyboard and it seemed like the keys are actually angled differently but it was too hard to tell.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version