geekhack Community > Keyboards

Need help: non clicky, silent keyboard

<< < (2/3) > >>

IBI:

--- Quote from: nrp;4000 ---Should I include something else in my list? Do you know any scissor type keyboard that is worth trying?
--- End quote ---

If you're prepared to try a scissor switch keyboard then why not just go for a rubber dome one? I believe whisky rates the Cymotion Master/Expert quite highly, although I don't know how quiet it is.

Whiskey in the Jar-o:

--- Quote from: IBI;4033 ---If you're prepared to try a scissor switch keyboard then why not just go for a rubber dome one? I believe whisky rates the Cymotion Master/Expert quite highly, although I don't know how quiet it is.
--- End quote ---

Actually, Cherry Cymotion boards are pretty damn loud.

Donut:

--- Quote from: nrp;3995 ---In this environment, my old, reliable and great IBM Model M has become a problem. Everyone is complaining and I respect that.

So now I need to find a good silent keyboard, non clicky, to buy.
--- End quote ---

There is currently an IBM Soft Touch Model M keyboard on the US eBay site, see here. Buy It Now price is US$18.95.

I have no connection with the seller, just saw the auction. Would have bought it myself but am not in the USA. :(

fkeidjn:

--- Quote from: Donut;4060 ---There is currently an IBM Soft Touch Model M keyboard on the US eBay site, see here. Buy It Now price is US$18.95.

I have no connection with the seller, just saw the auction. Would have bought it myself but am not in the USA. :(
--- End quote ---

That's a rubber dome though.  The only original soft touch buckling spring has the gray label with the words "soft touch" below the "IBM."

Has anyone tried the Filco mini?

nrp:
Yes, I have a rubber dome M here. It sucks BIG TIME.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version