Author Topic: What should i build ? any ideas please coment  (Read 3449 times)

Offline martin525622

What should i build ? any ideas please coment
« on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 15:20:54 »
Hello there i search a design challenge any ideas.
Please  write them down below 

thanks KMNSK is watching you

Offline fpazos

Re: What should i build ? any ideas please coment
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 16:32:10 »
Challenge in electronics, the keeb itself or what?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

Offline vvp

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 02:51:59 »
Hello fellow countryman,

Make something split a preferably contoured.
E.g. something along the side of ergodox or its modifications in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62848.0
Other good options are dactyl and its variants. You can also try K84CS but the case models are not free.

The point is that simple non-split flat row staggered keyboards can be easily bought. It does not make sense to built your own.

Offline martin525622

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 04:07:35 »
Any bizare ide like a ball of switches or something like that

Im free to make something new

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 07:34:33 »
now that you say it i would be curious of how usable would be a ball keyboard, one stupid idea would be an mx compatible mouse.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline vvp

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 12:25:33 »
Well, I sure as hell would not want to type on a ball of switches :-D
If it is intended as an art then why not. And in such a case you do not need to bother with electronics!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 26 September 2019, 12:48:00 »
I am looking for a tenting mechanism for ergonomic keyboards.
I would like to see a mechanism that is easy to use, inexpensive to manufacture in small series, strong, stable, silent and is compatible with gasket-mounting ... and doesn't feel cheap. (not just threaded rods and nuts)
Preferably, there should be detents or presets of some sort, if only to get left-hand and right hand-sides at the same angle.
🍉

Offline rinkaan

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 02:46:02 »
How about a keyboard that allows switches to be slides around in a gold contact to allow to changes in layout?
Or maybe fix ergo layout with height adjustability to make it more contoured? Haven't seen any of such built around.. Maybe not in pcb, but on individually wired or ribbon cables...

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline vvp

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 07:07:08 »
Or maybe fix ergo layout with height adjustability to make it more contoured? Haven't seen any of such built around..
https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?p=325368#p325368

Offline Applet

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 07:22:28 »
Yes, please design something Topre-related  ;D

Offline gipetto

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 15:30:58 »
I would like to see a mechanism that is easy to use, inexpensive to manufacture in small series, strong, stable, silent and is compatible with gasket-mounting ... and doesn't feel cheap. (not just threaded rods and nuts)
Preferably, there should be detents or presets of some sort, if only to get left-hand and right hand-sides at the same angle.
Would it be possible to use a hydraulic system? You could use grease as the working fluid to force out two piston feet, like in an auto brake calliper. Then use a bolt on the side to raise or lower the height by pressurizing the grease. The system would be level on any surface as when one piston goes in, the other goes out, mimicking the stability of a tripod.

Offline martin525622

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 28 September 2019, 16:08:01 »

Lets go deeper into the mechanism
If the threaded rod evokes a cheap feling we can step up to trapezoidal screws with anti backlash nuts

But if this is too cheap we can go ground ballscrews
What to do next to make them super simetric to each other well we can use absolute encoder and a servo motor per keypad .

Wel I know what you are thinking about f off stepper motors and their defined steps thats too cheap too  well lets go with servo motors i guess  ? To make them super simetric we could use a multi turn potentiometer per axis as an absolute encoder and feed it into a arduino

Yeah arduino i thaught so . Nope we plug them into a wheatstone bridge to measure the voltage digerence and use a complicated set of opamps to do a negative error amplifier .

So my final solution is a analog mechanical circuit with a precision upto 3 ųm with verry expensive ballscrews  that copies the second keypad as good as analog electronics are able

Hydraulics come on ? You are bether of with steam :D

Just kiding guys you are the best

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 12:28:12 »
Would it be possible to use a hydraulic system?
If there is an existing system that is easy to source, and does not cost an arm or a leg, then that could be interesting. Maybe a suitable system exist for things such as larger model airplanes.
Lego Technics has pistons using air instead of oil ("pneumatics") that can handle a weight up to 2.8 kg.

The disadvantage with oil would be that it would probably need to be filled up and pressurised manually by a technician in a factory, making this waay too expensive.

I had been hoping for something with only mechanical linkages, at most. The simpler the better.

If the threaded rod evokes a cheap feling we can step up to trapezoidal screws with anti backlash nuts
This is an example of what I meant by tenting with "just threaded rods and nuts"
🍉

Offline martin525622

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 13:55:23 »
What is the problem with threaded rods

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 14:25:10 »
What is the problem with threaded rods
I see more keyboards of that type without threaded rods, completely flat, than with them attached. That leads me to believe that people think that they are too fiddly and difficult to install and adjust. That's a shame when the users could have got ergonomic benefits from them.
I think that a design that would be easier to use would be used more, and would be more beneficial.
🍉

Offline martin525622

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 14:35:46 »
My proposed desing offers a siketric height betwen the two parts of the keypad and are adjusted only by a potentiometer or encoder no fuss