Author Topic: Affordable blank keycaps with 1.75x shift  (Read 6745 times)

Offline BossMan

Affordable blank keycaps with 1.75x shift
« on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 10:39:10 »
I am trying to get blank black keycaps for my tada68 keyboard without breaking the bank, as it's my first keyboard and I have already spent enough on it. I found a set on geekkeys but it costs about $80 CAD. Any suggestions?

Offline scwoopz

Re: Affordable blank keycaps with 1.75x shift
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 10:41:18 »
I know they're terrible for international shipping, but this really is the best set you can buy: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1652 (and in cherry profile)
ortho or shmortho

Offline BossMan

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 10:51:05 »
I know they're terrible for international shipping, but this really is the best set you can buy: https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1652 (and in cherry profile)

They seem interesting. One of the reviews says they're actually dark gray, not black.
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 July 2017, 10:52:58 by BossMan »

Offline nyunyu

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 01:14:59 »
Blank NPKC with Cherry profile from aliexpress? ~35USD

(I bought this set on MD 1 year ago)

I still prefer my another blank set from Gateron, because the longer keys are much less warped than the NPKC ones.
Stepped Caps is very bad on NPKC.

But Gateron had no ISO support then.
As I know, now they offer ISO too.

Offline nyunyu

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 01:17:18 »

They seem interesting. One of the reviews says they're actually dark gray, not black.

Darkest PBT caps are charcoal/anthracite color, not real black.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 08:41:59 »
geekkeys carries a lot of blank thick pbt sets, and they have 1.75u shift.  I know that dude isn't the best when it comes to GBs, but shipping for key sets seems to be on time.
keyboards.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 16:12:52 »
geekkeys carries a lot of blank thick pbt sets, and they have 1.75u shift.  I know that dude isn't the best when it comes to GBs, but shipping for key sets seems to be on time.

I was going to say. Geekkeys carry quite a few PBT sets that include 1.75u shift amongst other 'non-standard' keys.

Offline meispoopyunicorn

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 17:34:58 »

I was going to say. Geekkeys carry quite a few PBT sets that include 1.75u shift amongst other 'non-standard' keys.
do you know if they have 6.25u spacebar in those set too? cause in the description they only show 6 and 7 :/

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 18:22:57 »

do you know if they have 6.25u spacebar in those set too? cause in the description they only show 6 and 7 :/

Might could check out http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=99. I have no idea how compatible they are with what you got so maybe email them first?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 02:22:59 »

Might could check out http://imsto.cn/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=99. I have no idea how compatible they are with what you got so maybe email them first?

IMSTO doesn't ship. Geekkeys is notoriously slow.

Order from kbdfans.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 13:29:27 »

Order from kbdfans.

You say that kbdfans is the place to order from but you failed to mention whether or not kbdfans has both 6.25u spacebars and 1.75u shifts for sale.

Offline BossMan

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 19:53:11 »
I actually ordered my tada68 diy kit from kbdfans and was unable to find a blank black keyset.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 02:07:30 »
I actually ordered my tada68 diy kit from kbdfans and was unable to find a blank black keyset.

Within the last 60 days they've added some. See the link further down in my post.

Order from kbdfans.

You say that kbdfans is the place to order from but you failed to mention whether or not kbdfans has both 6.25u spacebars and 1.75u shifts for sale.

I was unclear. They don't have singles, but they do have full sets with those caps for about $40 USD. I ordered these https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 July 2017, 02:13:47 by Puddsy »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 02:15:53 »

Within the last 60 days they've added some. See the link further down in my post.

Order from kbdfans.

I was unclear. They don't have singles, but they do have full sets with those caps for about $40 USD. I ordered these https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/collections/keycaps/products/enjoypbt-blank-keycaps-117keys

Dang, another shop to bookmark. Thanks for the follow-up

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 02:17:58 »
KBDfans is probably the best shop for entry-mid level stuff. Take a few minutes to look through, I'm a huge fan. Plus, free shipping over $40.