Author Topic: Post Your Nubs! (nubbinator caps)  (Read 393800 times)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
Re: Post Your Nubs! (nubbinator caps)
« Reply #350 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 20:08:02 »
"digigreen" Dolly =), toxic witch Dolly & alexander the grape jonah. Nubz you did a remarkable job on these, I'm really diggin' em', thanks again =)

Show Image

FIXED

LOL for some reason I was thinking about Molly huehue. Thanks for that.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #351 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 20:19:04 »
"digigreen" Dolly =), toxic witch Dolly & alexander the grape jonah. Nubz you did a remarkable job on these, I'm really diggin' em', thanks again =)

Show Image

FIXED

I think he does it on purpose...

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 15:51:24 »
I didn't win anything in the latest sale (I was too torn trying to decide which Dolly to put at the top of the list and just waited past the deadline, lol), but I do see that the only artisan keycaps I've actually got on my board currently are all Nub caps.. love your work!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 19:32:56 »
I've gotten mine last friday but I'm havving some issues so I can't upload the pics of my caps yet  :eek: I hope you guys dont mind if my baby is in the pic, we were visiting a friend and she decided she wanted to eat the caps =)

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 22:59:54 »
Here are the pics. Apologies for the quality since I used my phone camera because I was at a friend's place

« Last Edit: Tue, 09 September 2014, 23:03:41 by Synjin »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 09 September 2014, 23:55:24 »
Here are the pics. Apologies for the quality since I used my phone camera because I was at a friend's place

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Baby wants your precious ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 00:00:26 »
She probably thinks its candy though she has never tried them since she can't eat candies yet

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #357 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 07:49:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Baby wants your precious ;)

:D My Preciiiousssssss

Offline absyrdswyfe

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 08:23:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

CUTE baby and cute caps.  ;)

Offline nasby99

« Reply #359 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 09:45:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Nubs and baby are cute. ㅡㅡ^ ;D
What I have currently
356CL(Black,Gun-metal), 356L, 356.2, 356DGE,356N MK2, 356MINI v1(military,red) 356MINI v2(red) 360c(apple silver,hyper blue),Koala,Cheat..
G81-3000SAV, G81-3100SAV,G81-3004SAT,G81-3000SAT,G81-3000SPBUS,G80-3000HAV,G80-2100HDU...

What I want to get now
Nothing atm

Offline Moralless

« Reply #360 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 02:23:15 »
Yes! Finally nub's caps have crossed the big blue and have arrived down under :D. Very happy of the quality of my very first artisan caps. Although the hearts were a bit more yellow than the pictures showed, I ended up liking this very much. Also thanks for the freebie deckerson, I think it's great - for some reason they remind me of the pokemon tangela. One thing I've noticed is that pictures of artisan caps don't do it justice and was amazed by the quality of these. Can't wait for your future sales nub ^_^ especially those heart caps.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/Kkagp

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #361 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 21:29:53 »
#crappyphoto #topre #Dolly #hype

Yes! Finally nub's caps have crossed the big blue and have arrived down under :D. Very happy of the quality of my very first artisan caps. Although the hearts were a bit more yellow than the pictures showed, I ended up liking this very much. Also thanks for the freebie deckerson, I think it's great - for some reason they remind me of the pokemon tangela. One thing I've noticed is that pictures of artisan caps don't do it justice and was amazed by the quality of these. Can't wait for your future sales nub ^_^ especially those heart caps.

Glad to hear you like them and I try to include a freebie with all my sales, be it a cap, a toy, art, or something else.  It's my way of saying thanks. 

That yellow-green really is a hard color to capture. Hopefully it's close to Toxic.

As always, thanks for the kind words and it always makes me happy to hear that you like the stuff.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #362 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:06:11 »
Awesome to see you're doing topre man! I notice you're using Hipsterpunks stem design. He created the perfect design Forsure. Very stable.

Show Image

Glad to hear you like them and I try to include a freebie with all my sales, be it a cap, a toy, art, or something else.  It's my way of saying thanks. 

That yellow-green really is a hard color to capture. Hopefully it's close to Toxic.

As always, thanks for the kind words and it always makes me happy to hear that you like the stuff.

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:13:58 »

Show Image

Awwwww yeah

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #364 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:17:00 »
I wouldn't say it's his stem design since I haven't seen his Topre stem (if he did the same thing, great minds think alike).  I just know that it's a logical way of making a Topre stem that's strong and stable.  It's a more robust and easier to do version (for the home caster at least) of the cross stem that Clack and Bro do.  I don't like the stand alone legs that Topre and some others do.  I don't feel that they're strong enough and I have worries about stress induced fractures.

I'm also planning on doing some Alps stems, but Alps are harder to get right without an injection molder.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:20:09 by nubbinator »

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:18:40 »
Nice nubbs. If you need a tester, you know who to call!  :cool:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:21:36 »

I'll probably be giving away the monocolor prototype.  It will likely be my only monocolor Dolly unless I do a "budget" set of Dollies that are one or two colors only.

Offline Lingj

« Reply #367 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:49:03 »
hype hype! Some more artisan caps to put on my hhkb!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:52:29 »

I'll probably be giving away the monocolor prototype.  It will likely be my only monocolor Dolly unless I do a "budget" set of Dollies that are one or two colors only.

Nubs topre is exciting! Question for you nubs, how long does it take to make a dolly?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 22:53:29 »

Nubs topre is exciting! Question for you nubs, how long does it take to make a dolly?

Each one takes at least an hour to make, usually a little more.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 23:16:07 »
I wouldn't say it's his stem design since I haven't seen his Topre stem (if he did the same thing, great minds think alike).  I just know that it's a logical way of making a Topre stem that's strong and stable.  It's a more robust and easier to do version (for the home caster at least) of the cross stem that Clack and Bro do.  I don't like the stand alone legs that Topre and some others do.  I don't feel that they're strong enough and I have worries about stress induced fractures.

I'm also planning on doing some Alps stems, but Alps are harder to get right without an injection molder.

#thisistherealhype
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Belfong

« Reply #371 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 02:56:10 »
OH MAN!!! YOU JUST MADE MY DREAM COME TRUE.. TOPRE DOLLIES!!! Yes I should not be shouting.. BUT OH MYYYY!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #372 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 06:40:05 »
I'm both happy that Topre users will be getting a chance to buy your awesome caps, and sad that this will mean less MX caps for us plebs

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #373 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 20:01:30 »
Giving y'all some f'n love

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #374 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 20:03:37 »

Show Image

That's my 2nd favorite kind of love!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #375 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 20:08:24 »

Show Image

about time  :thumb:

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #376 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:26:11 »

Show Image

Wow! Those colours are amazing!!!  :eek: So nice!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #377 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:43:41 »
hmmmm, yummyyyy!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:45:09 »

Show Image

Dayuuum, very nice!
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline ComradeSniper

• HHKB Pro
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:52:22 »

Show Image

Daaaamn that is nice. Gonna need some of these  :D

Offline Belfong

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 07:25:57 »
Beautifulllllllll!!!! Thanks for the Dolly as freebie, nubbs!!!! It was a super pleasant surprise and I am so thrilled!!!!!

Together forever:

Bound into the Code keyboard:

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 10:44:07 »
Hey nubbs, could you please get a side profile shot of that topre FN please?
The problem with Binge's FN(I'm not hating, just saying) was that the profile was a tiny little bit taller than the original keycaps.
Thanks!  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 11:55:20 »
The problem with Binge's FN(I'm not hating, just saying) was that the profile was a tiny little bit taller than the original keycaps.

Mine are a smidge taller as well.  I haven't measured it, but it's less than 1mm.

Mine are thicker than Binges (about twice as thick) and have a stabilized stem.  I could make them the exact same height, the problem is that I'm not sure they would have the strength and durability that I like to have.

They may end up a little shorter since I'm going to see about sand blasting them for increased textured. That may or may not yield good results.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #383 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 12:07:30 »

Show Image

Aww yiss!
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #384 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 15:28:12 »
Oooooooooooooh my god that Miami fn!!!!

This is a problem. It's already hard enough collecting the binge fns, how will I ever get all of these too?!

Offline argcargv

• tempting the banhammer
« Reply #385 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 16:51:04 »

Mine are a smidge taller as well.  I haven't measured it, but it's less than 1mm.

Mine are thicker than Binges (about twice as thick) and have a stabilized stem.  I could make them the exact same height, the problem is that I'm not sure they would have the strength and durability that I like to have.

They may end up a little shorter since I'm going to see about sand blasting them for increased textured. That may or may not yield good results.

Thanks for the info!
I sanded my binge FN done around the inside root of the stem, you know the spot where the top of the topre stem touches the keycap on the inside? The result was pretty good and I got a very good match to the original profile. I think I'm just OCD.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #386 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 17:56:39 »

This is a problem. It's already hard enough collecting the binge fns, how will I ever get all of these too?!

Well, a few will be coming back with the FC660C.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #387 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 18:24:50 »

Show Image

Aww yiss!
Show Image

Cool GIF! Colored FNs, very cool man.  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #388 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 18:33:46 »

Well, a few will be coming back with the FC660C.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #389 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 02:43:53 »
The Dolly caps feel like they are made
of some sort or porcelain material. It has a solid and hollow sound when they hit against other caps. And those texture are seriously bad ass, not something one would associate with plastics! Seriously cool stuff!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 23 September 2014, 23:12:36 »
I Dream of Dolly! :o

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #391 on: Wed, 01 October 2014, 21:26:46 »

Show Image

Omg, how am I missing all of this amazingness!  Those are hot my man.  Good job :)
Hi :)

Offline lkong

« Reply #392 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 20:20:28 »
tigersharkdude literally give this free to me.
Big thanks to him and nub.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 09 November 2014, 01:29:26 »
tigersharkdude literally give this free to me.
Big thanks to him and nub.
Show Image

holy ****
#1 artistan cap 2014

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #394 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 01:36:44 »
First Nub cap on the way and I'm stoked! I still wan't to find myself a dolly though.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline SavvyBird

• Savvy Caps
« Reply #395 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 02:31:22 »
I would love a dolly theyre so cute  :-*
hi

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #396 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 13:51:01 »
I switch around the artisan caps on my board every so often, the only keys that haven't left since I got them are my presidential Ba'man, and the clockwork heart Tigersharkdude sent me.   <3

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #397 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 19:00:50 »
I need to take some photos of mine!!!!!!  :p

Offline Liar

« Reply #398 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 20:43:11 »
Where can I purchase some of these keycaps?

My searches for this information have been unsuccessful.
Specifically looking for something Mint colored, or baby blue

Eager to show my support monetarily!

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #399 on: Sun, 21 December 2014, 20:48:25 »
^ you can buy them directly from Nubbinator IF there is a sale going on (there are no sales currently).

You can occasionally find them for sale in the classifieds.