Author Topic: plz explain. what happened in here?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline looserboy

plz explain. what happened in here?
« on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:22:26 »
 :( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek:

where are the reviews? where is all the stuff i ve written ?
was one year away... dont know where to put this thread.

plz i am so frustrated and shocked.. all pictures all reviews.. and galleries gone?
i am sad and dont know what to say. wanted to show my friend some reviews but cant find anything.. old posts are still in here but no review i ve written and it was written in this forums too..

what happend.. i dont want so search.. have huge problems to use this new layout and forums.. useability is frustrating..

kr

Cherry: G80 MX11900blacks  - G80 MX1800 blacks - G80 MX1502 blacks all cards  - G81 MY 8005 ins. cards - G81 MY 3000 modded to 20g (HowTo)
NMB SPACEINVADER white
Noppo: Choc Pro browns  - Choc Mini reds
IBM: Model F IBM: Model M SSK IBM: Model M

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: plz explain. what happened in here?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:27:36 »
R00TW0RM.  That's what happened...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:29:16 »
All gone, this is now a keycap sale site.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:30:52 »
:( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek:

where are the reviews? where is all the stuff i ve written ?
was one year away... dont know where to put this thread.

plz i am so frustrated and shocked.. all pictures all reviews.. and galleries gone?
i am sad and dont know what to say. wanted to show my friend some reviews but cant find anything.. old posts are still in here but no review i ve written and it was written in this forums too..

what happend.. i dont want so search.. have huge problems to use this new layout and forums.. useability is frustrating..

kr

GeekHack was hacked a few months ago and we're now rebuilding.  I know how you feel about the media being lost, but I've started hosting images and content on WordPress and Imgur so that I don't lose it again.

Offline looserboy

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:31:33 »
dont know the right word.. but .. cant believe there is no backup file.. but all i ve found in here was no more as interesting and userfriendly as i experienced before..  i ve problems with this layout.. cant find anything right.. damn i am so frustrated.. dont want to start a ****storm because i could imagine others have raged enough about and talked about enoug.. but i havent even found a thread about this new site. or information about changes..

damn i am so frustrated,, hell.. as if i ve lost something very valuable..

Cherry: G80 MX11900blacks  - G80 MX1800 blacks - G80 MX1502 blacks all cards  - G81 MY 8005 ins. cards - G81 MY 3000 modded to 20g (HowTo)
NMB SPACEINVADER white

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 16:31:47 »
Hopefully everyone hosts remotely so that we have a better chance if something like that happens again.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 17:11:48 »
yea for reviews and mods i used imgshack and just linked, all my pics are still up on my mods (which have been moved to archive mod like everything before rootworm), i just upload to here if it's a quick post.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 17:15:04 »
The reviews are not lost but all of the attachments were.  So if you have specific articles that you would like to fix, just let us know.
Russ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 17:44:30 »
We all lost something valuable.

Vandalism is never good, but this terrible.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Batmann

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 17:53:03 »
dont know the right word.. but .. cant believe there is no backup file.. but all i ve found in here was no more as interesting and userfriendly as i experienced before..  i ve problems with this layout.. cant find anything right.. damn i am so frustrated.. dont want to start a ****storm because i could imagine others have raged enough about and talked about enoug.. but i havent even found a thread about this new site. or information about changes..

damn i am so frustrated,, hell.. as if i ve lost something very valuable..

I'm not sure that's what you looking for but you can change layout in your profile settings (you can choose between 4 different themes)
hope this helps

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 22:36:24 »
So I noticed that the old review threads were not visible to users.  We've moved the old reviews forum under Archives now.  If you want to fix your articles by restoring the attachments, a mod can move it out of the archive.
Russ

Offline looserboy

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 13:10:25 »
So I noticed that the old review threads were not visible to users.  We've moved the old reviews forum under Archives now.  If you want to fix your articles by restoring the attachments, a mod can move it out of the archive.

so they are somewhere? that would be great^^ would take some time  but i could put pictures again in it^^

NMB SPACEINVADER white

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 13:27:11 »
I always host my own pics so all my reviews are intact.  :)

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=29324.0
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline looserboy

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 December 2012, 01:45:15 »
thx for opening my review from the archives. i ll add pictures to it  so all will be fine again.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=20275.msg386734#msg386734
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2012, 02:55:57 by looserboy »

NMB SPACEINVADER white