Author Topic: 2012 GH user created Movie Awards (the movie year in review)  (Read 947 times)

Offline Lanx

2012 GH user created Movie Awards (the movie year in review)
« on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 23:13:58 »
movie awards are stupid, who watches them? ppl who don't have cable, or know how to use the internet! Just create an award and name your winner, i'll start.

Best rebooted character in a franchise:
Catwoman-Anne Hathaway
Thoughts- I'm a child of the 80's so I watched a bit of tv, and of course the campy 60's batman was one of them, heck i was so young back then, i didn't know that there were 3 different catwomen, Michelle Pfeiffer really defined Catwoman to me, along with "Batman the animated series" These were like the best Catwomen. Generally all, 99% of all the women in comics that aren't damsels in distress are just girl versions of their male counter-part,
wonderwoman-superman

and movie ppl have never ever been able to really truely bring out a good/great female lead, or they'll just destroy it, case in point halle berry's catwoman. I'd written Catwoman off by that point until the dark knight rises.
The reason why i chose Catwoman, was also because she was the best part of "the dark knight", spoilers... TDKR, was, only ok. But TDKR was just full of plot holes and more than usual sillyness, i couldn't help but think, omg , is this how Inception 2 is gonna be, i liked inception. But no, with the slim pickings of comic book heroes this year (and by that i mean a lot:spiderman/ lizardman/batman/bane/thor/ironman/ capn merica/hulk/loki/blackwidow/hawkeye/dredd/mib lol/ghost rider)(let's not forget book characters bourne/007/and soon to be seen hobbits)

CLOSE Runner up:
Hulk-yea he was just awesome, just... didn't bring much character, rather than much hulkness to the screen.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: 2012 GH user created Movie Awards (the movie year in review)
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 16:17:11 »
I really liked Michael Fassbender in Prometheus, one of the handful of movies I actually saw in theaters, he gets my vote for best whatever. I didn't enjoy The Avengers though, and people always give me crap for it, but I felt like it was all flash and zero substance. If you go into the movie without having seen the previous solo films, you really don't have any sense of attachment to any of the characters, and I'm sorry, but the film just felt shallow to me so Avengers gets my 'most overrated movie of the year.' The movie, This Is not a Film, had a pretty big impact on me, and was probably the most evocative movie of the year in my opinion. My least favorite was the Spiderman reboot. Everything about it made me mad as a comic geek. How could Stan Lee let them butcher Spidey so badly, and even discounting that, the movie was horrible on it's own.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2012, 16:18:43 by noisyturtle »