geekhack Community > Keyboards

Everything is Bakeneko

<< < (5/5)

jenkinslogan:
The keyboard is unique. I like the decoration of the keyboard like that.fnf mods I don't know if it's too expensive for me.

chungsteroonie:
I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos with Singa Unikorn sound tests, and after experimenting with flex cuts and more flex cuts and half plates. . .I'm circling back to fewer flex cuts and full plate.  There's something uniquely satisfying about gummy O-ring on the stiffer setup and its case interaction that is special.  I know the A60 is capable of that poppy raw sound so I tried to chase the Unikorn with it.  I really really liked the Alpaca, Delrin full plate, plate foam configuration, and results have been repeatable across a couple of builds. . . very satisfying, but I wanted something cheaper and think I may have got one that works.

A60 case (hacked for gummy worm)
AEboards Raed R2.1 switches
Aluminum full plate
plate foam (weather stripping because we are being cheap)
Plain60 flex edition PCB
Durock V2 stabs
50 durometer silicone cord stock
Sorbothane blocks supporting bottom of PCB

You decide for yourself, but I think this is better than the Bakeneko but worse than the Unikorn.  The alphas and the spacebar ended up pretty darn perfect to my ear. . . ping is present at the corner mod keys particularly but not nearly as bad as exists throughout the bakeneko.  This ping can be ~80% tuned out by using kilmat at the bottom of the case, but that makes the air space under the PCB smaller compressing the sound signature.  It's cleaner sounding, but doesn't breath as well. . . And that direct sound coming off the bare aluminum case floor is something I hear in the Unikorn that I like. . .  A lot of boards are moving away from these days with very small air gaps under the PCB.  I quite like the balance and feel of this combination.  It feels very live and fun.

evelynjones:
you learn in detail. I want to buy the same as your keyboard. Where can I buy?

parkour block 3d

ehside:
What are those pink and green keycaps in the original post?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version