geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Problem with my shift and capslock fitting in camo filco, they keep getting stuck...

(1/2) > >>

NYC:
well i switched out all my keys from my camo filco blue switch with round 3 ds. all fit in good except the shift and caps lock on the lefthand side. when i click down on them with the round 3s they get stuck. i have to literally stretch the keyboard casing leftwards so it pops back out..i tried stretching the casing for like 5 mins but its not moving anywhere, it seems to be like 3 hairlines difference between them. but when i have the original keycaps that came with the filco they fit.ive heard all about this allignment issue with arrows etc and dont really care for the allignment issue as long as everythings good, but if i cant switch out my keycaps without them getting stuck thats different. is this a problem with my filco or the keys?

Changdrew:
This is a common problem with SP keycaps and filco shells. I had this too with the hashbaz RGBY set, where the shift would get stuck. It varies from shell to shell and keycap to keycap. The only way to fix this is to file the side of the keycap until it fits, at least from my experience.

NYC:

--- Quote from: Changdrew;567210 ---This is a common problem with SP keycaps and filco shells. I had this too with the hashbaz RGBY set, where the shift would get stuck. It varies from shell to shell and keycap to keycap. The only way to fix this is to file the side of the keycap until it fits, at least from my experience.
--- End quote ---

dont want to damage the keys... but what did u file it with? also sp keycaps? mine are doubleshot round 3s greyish color, with the caps lock being "rub out" but the shift also gets stuck but tab ctrl and the other end buttons on the lefthand side all fit..also im buying pbt white keycaps tmrw do you think they will have a problem also?

thegunner100:
Yeah, I had the same problem with the RGBY set. All you have to do is use a nail filer to slowly file off the left edge until it fits properly without getting stuck.

Changdrew:
Round 3 is from SP, at least I think it is o_O. I filed it with sandpaper.

Yeah, I only had the trouble with the left side. I only have this trouble with SP keycaps, so you probably won't have a problem with KBC pbt ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version