Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60  (Read 243568 times)

Offline heloitsame

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 21:36:11 »
How much does the PC vs alu weigh?

Aluminum case + aluminum plate + aluminum weight = 1.05kg
PC case + PC plate + PC weight (light?) = 460 grams
Brass weight: 650 grams
Brass plate: 250-300 grams

wait does this mean pc weight is available? also are the plates going to support switch top removal?

Offline PoochZag

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60 (Last one day to order)
« Reply #301 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 22:13:34 »
I also sent Senter a message, just wanted to post here in case it didn't go through  :thumb:
TX-CP, TX60, Campine Mk. III, Mira SE

Offline edasaur

« Reply #302 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 22:35:41 »
is it just the lighting, or does the e red look darker than the ano red from fox 80?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Mavarina

« Reply #303 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 23:59:06 »
Hi just to make sure the universal plate can work with hhkb case right?

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 00:53:58 »
Ordered, waiting for my invoice now. :)

Offline bengine

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 01:00:35 »
Hi just to make sure the universal plate can work with hhkb case right?
Yes

Offline dado brat

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 04:29:21 »
placed and payed order. I am very excited for this ;D

Will updates come here only or is there a discord server I can join?

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 05:01:14 »

Hope this is helpful for buyers and other GB runners.

I'm surprised half of the buyers chose clear PC.

That’s becsuse the pics of the clear PC hhkb on the OP look epic.

I am concerned how mine is going to age though.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2019, 05:03:42 by Lazylewis »

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 07:30:43 »
How much would just the pc case weigh?

Offline PaultheSloth

• JW Double Black
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 08:42:08 »
Sent an email regarding my order.
Polaris|Leaf60|QXP|DC60|Planck|SKB60|Tokyo60|UT-47|AnnePro

Offline xef

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 09:41:13 »
invoice paid, excite

Offline DePulse

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 09:46:59 »
Hey Senter! Already sent the message and an order! :D Hope you read my message first tho :O

DePulse, I didn't receive your message. Could you send it again?

It's so weird. It's the 3rd time people saying they sent me messages while I didn't. Is it normal on GH?

Ohh man. I'm not sure tho. But if you do have a discord, we can talk there just in case you still haven't received my message yet. I'll try again right now.

Offline Lazylewis

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 10:53:46 »
Invoice goes to email ?

Offline aslanxdeft

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:09:35 »
Sent a message regarding my invoice and order.

Offline edasaur

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:16:48 »
Replying to let Senter know that I filled out the google doc (~5 - 6 hours ago) and am also wondering if the invoice comes through email...

Offline daishan

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:29:39 »
The invoices will pop up on your paypal accounts. Paypal should then notify you via mail, unless you have disabled that.

Sending out invoices is likely a manual process, so allow for some time for Senter to get around to do that.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:19:40 »
So I’ve never built a custom board before. I really like the opaque case. What all do I need to order if I want a standard 60% layout with hot-swap switches? Are all hot-swap switches compatible with the board or do I need specific ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:21:56 »
Quick question. Are the plates switch top removable? Is there any disadvantages to having a plate that is switch top removable? I'm new to this scene.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:22:21 »
So I’ve never built a custom board before. I really like the opaque case. What all do I need to order if I want a standard 60% layout with hot-swap switches? Are all hot-swap switches compatible with the board or do I need specific ones?

You’ll need stabilizers. A standard 60% kit will do.
Switches. Probably get 70. I’d assume PCB mount switches and worst case you can cutoff the two plastic pins on the bottom.
Keycaps.

You’re done!

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:26:09 »
Are there 1 set or 2 set of gaskets, above and below the plate?

Secondly does the PCB support underglow LED strip solder?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:26:52 »
Are there 1 set or 2 set of gaskets, above and below the plate?

Secondly does the PCB support underglow LED solder?

Gaskets on both top and bottom on front and back

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:27:21 »

Switches. Probably get 70. I’d assume PCB mount switches and worst case you can cutoff the two plastic pins on the bottom.
Keycaps.

You’re done!

So on the order form, do I just choose clear PC for everything and standard layout?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:29:48 »
Quick question. Are the plates switch top removable? Is there any disadvantages to having a plate that is switch top removable? I'm new to this scene.

Looking at the post, the plate does not support switch top removal.

Disadvantage are aesthetics and some would argue switch stability but I have never experienced any issues.

Offline cijanzen

[GB] Fox Lab - Leaf 60 (Last one day to order)
« Reply #323 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:33:04 »

Keycaps.

You’re done!

So on the order form, do I just choose clear PC for everything and standard layout?

Only the WKL or HHKB layout support hotswap so I actually need to correct myself by saying you’ll need a 7u spacebar stabilizer. Most 60% layouts use 6.25u but if you’re going with the hotswap you’ll need the longer. But yes, otherwise, you can choose polycarbonate for the case, plate, and weight. You’ll need to choose the hhkb or wkl plate depending on which case you decide on.

Offline etong415

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:35:14 »

Keycaps.

You’re done!

Only the WKL or HHKB layout support hotswap so I actually need to correct myself by saying you’ll need a 7u spacebar stabilizer. Most 60% layouts use 6.25u but if you’re going with the hotswap you’ll need the longer. But yes, otherwise, you can choose polycarbonate for the case, plate, and weight. You’ll need to choose the hhkb or wkl plate depending on which case you decide on.
The Hotswap PCB layout looks like it can support a standard layout w/ the exception of a 7u spacebar though. Doesn’t need to omit two bottom row keys like WKL or HHKB layout does

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:37:05 »

Keycaps.

You’re done!

The Hotswap PCB layout looks like it can support a standard layout w/ the exception of a 7u spacebar though. Doesn’t need to omit two bottom row keys like WKL or HHKB layout does

That’s correct. I initially misspoke on the spacebar stabilizer. But yeah, you can still do the full layout. Just be mindful of the unit sizes for the bottom row modifiers.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 12:47:59 »

Keycaps.

You’re done!

That’s correct. I initially misspoke on the spacebar stabilizer. But yeah, you can still do the full layout. Just be mindful of the unit sizes for the bottom row modifiers.
Hotswap pcb only supports 1.5-1-1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5 bottom row, split right shift, and split backspace (not a total standard layout).

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #327 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 13:23:13 »
Got my order placed. Very excited as this will be my first build.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:15:39 »

Keycaps.

You’re done!

Hotswap pcb only supports 1.5-1-1.5-7-1.5-1-1.5 bottom row, split right shift, and split backspace (not a total standard layout).

So I just need to make sure I have the right caps when ordering a set then? Am I right to assume the case depends on the plate layout? Like the standard plate won’t have the little notches like the HHKB board right? Do the other layouts support standard size caps or are all the options for this board like that?

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:30:35 »
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the point of the HHKB plate if the universal plate will work with the HHKB case? I am wondering which plate to get if I just want an HHKB style, NON hot swappable board.

If it matters, I would get PC everything to make it a travel board.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:45:08 by Slavadavadingdong »
E6-V2 [Tealios] | RAMA M60-A [Zealios] | QXP [Healios]

Offline Choobies

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:35:26 »
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is the point of the HHKB plate if the universal plate will work with the HHKB case? I am wondering which plate to get if I just want an HHKB style, NON hot swappable board.

I was wondering the same thing, and I imagine it's because a fixed layout plate is a bit sturdier than the universal plate, with the way the holes hold the switches.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, though.

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:53:22 »
I just realized it's probably so you don't see the switch cutouts if you get the PC case... someone can confirm, but that seems to be it. Your reason sounds right too.

Offline ixixmmx

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 14:56:20 »
What software will be needed to program the PCB? I haven't noticed any mention of this in the thread.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 15:24:23 »
What software will be needed to program the PCB? I haven't noticed any mention of this in the thread.

32u4, so QMK probably
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 16:38:52 »
Are there any aftermarket PCB's maybe for this?

Offline ReadmeDotTxt

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 16:42:44 »
Are there any aftermarket PCB's maybe for this?

This uses a proprietary PCB. Senter said that the PCBs can be rerun in batches of at least 10, though I can't say how likely it is to be run.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 16:47:04 »
What's the cutoff time for this GB? (EST)

I want to order one but am not entirely sure just what to get yet, hope to fill out the form tonight when I get home from work.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #337 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 16:51:04 »
What's the cutoff time for this GB? (EST)

I want to order one but am not entirely sure just what to get yet, hope to fill out the form tonight when I get home from work.

8 pm EST.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:01:57 »

So I just need to make sure I have the right caps when ordering a set then? Am I right to assume the case depends on the plate layout? Like the standard plate won’t have the little notches like the HHKB board right? Do the other layouts support standard size caps or are all the options for this board like that?

It would be helpful to define what you consider a "standard" layout and caps to be first :)

Case and plate layouts are chosen independently, you could get a HHKB plate for a regular layout case if you're a madman.

Standard plate will not have the HHKB blockers. If you want the typical pok3r style layout your only option is the standard plate.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:10:04 »

It would be helpful to define what you consider a "standard" layout and caps to be first :)

Case and plate layouts are chosen independently, you could get a HHKB plate for a regular layout case if you're a madman.

Standard plate will not have the HHKB blockers. If you want the typical pok3r style layout your only option is the standard plate.

Thanks, that clears it up a bit for me. The HHKB layout is not available with a hot swap PCB correct?

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:14:44 »

Thanks, that clears it up a bit for me. The HHKB layout is not available with a hot swap PCB correct?

HHKB layout is supported with the hot swap PCB.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:20:16 »
Here is to me figuring out what I want to do with my order in the next 1.666666 hours!

« Reply #342 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:38:45 »
I put in my order for PC everything, standard layout, will be a great travel keeb for law school!

Offline thearctican

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 17:54:48 »
Should I PM for any order confirmations or changes?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #344 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 18:59:06 »
Just submitted an order but was confused by the weight option. If I chose PC for everything does that mean it will be super light? I don't really want the board moving all around, should I have upgraded to the brass one or does it come with an aluminum plate?

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #345 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 19:11:52 »

If you need to

Offline thearctican

« Reply #346 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 19:13:13 »

If you need to
Ok, I sent a dm earlier with the PayPal invoice. Just wanted to make sure I selected the right pcb and plate for hotswap.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #347 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 19:16:03 »
Just submitted an order but was confused by the weight option. If I chose PC for everything does that mean it will be super light? I don't really want the board moving all around, should I have upgraded to the brass one or does it come with an aluminum plate?

It will be light.
It won't move around unless your desktop is very slippery.
You don't "should" to choose any combinations. It's all about preference.

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 19:19:40 »

It will be light.
It won't move around unless your desktop is very slippery.
You don't "should" to choose any combinations. It's all about preference.

How do I get the gold plate? Can I change my order?

Offline vpr

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 19:25:50 »
dang, didn't know this was going to end at 8pm EST. I was still thinking about it thought I had a few more hours still.