Author Topic: Hello from Mississippi  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Cjcelis

Hello from Mississippi
« on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 13:34:42 »
I have used a keyboard all my life basically, but never truly knew what they could be until about four months ago. I can't believe I relegated myself to the rubber dome menace and Apple Butterfly switches (barf) for most of my existence.

Now, I have turned down the road that is this hobby and I never want to go back, wallet be damned.

One of the truly amazing aspects about this hobby is the community. Everyone I have ever talked to has been extremely helpful and nice.

I currently own a Tokyo60 v3 (typing all of this on), a Durgod Venus, an iGK61, and a HyperX TKL (for gaming) keyboards. I also have a multitude of switches and keycaps. The first time I typed on my Tokyo60 I wanted to cry because it was so beautiful. I am so glad I went down this rabbit hole.

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 June 2020, 20:51:52 »
Hi CjCelis. Welcome to Geekhack.

I think most of us were blind to mechanical keyboards for a long time, unfortunately. I like the sound of rubber dome menace. Have you felt any of the newer Macbook keyboards? Horrible. I think I would rather have a laser keyboard to type on a desk surface with.

What switches have you got in those boards? MX red in the HyperX? Which have you tried? Which do you like?