Author Topic: Really Pricey but well done Model F 122  (Read 3779 times)

Offline smw

Really Pricey but well done Model F 122
« on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 12:22:31 »
Not sure if anyone's going to buy at his asking price of $725 (plus shipping!) with no offers accepted, but you never know. But it's obvious that a lot of work went into it. Maybe seller is a member here?

link here

Whole bunch of 101 key model Ms from the 80s and 90s, plus one Unicomp

Offline JP

Re: Really Pricey but well done Model F 122
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 14:48:08 »
This is JAC's work (Just Add Coffee). Not sure if he is active on the forums anymore but seems to be keeping busy with all sorts of IBM resto-mod projects.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Myoth

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 05:31:06 »
725usd ? absolutely delusional

Offline JP

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 08:28:03 »
I see the listing has ended.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 19:36:17 »
725usd ? absolutely delusional

You'd think—but there are lots of young KB geeks—mostly Asian, apparently—whose mom and dad give them more dough than they can ever use.

When we lived in Richmond, BC, it was a regular thing to see shiny new Lambos, Ferraris, etc. going around with "N" stickers on the back (indicating a New driver). Believe me, this kind of money is nothing to them, and if they like keebs enough...

Besides, F-122s that haven't even been cleaned—much less painted, converted and customized—now regularly go for around $300. So yes, one could imagine this type of board to be worth twice as much as one that hasn't been touched. Welcome to the 21st century, in all its wackiness!  :?O
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 16:43:02 »
You'd think—but there are lots of young KB geeks—mostly Asian, apparently—whose mom and dad give them more dough than they can ever use.
I imagined the characters from the movie 'Crazy Rich Asians' when I read this, lol.  Great movie for anyone to see, Asian or not. :)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 04:45:23 »
I imagined the characters from the movie 'Crazy Rich Asians' when I read this, lol.  Great movie for anyone to see, Asian or not. :)

Do they have a bunch of cool keebs in the movie? Probably not—but they could, right?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 08:54:42 »

Do they have a bunch of cool keebs in the movie? Probably not—but they could, right?
No but they do have some crazy rich Asians in it.  Those that can afford those $1000 beamsprings and $2k industrials.  Hmm...maybe that's where they're all going...