Author Topic: Northgate 101  (Read 2749 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Northgate 101
« on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 08:20:39 »
This is a beauty that won't last long:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192735478432?ul_noapp=true
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Northgate 101
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 08:41:15 »
Man. Does it really cost $25 to ship items now days?

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 08:47:06 »
I wish!
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline laxfan91

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 09:52:47 »
Sending a keyboard in a priority mail box for things shaped like keyboards is around $19. I'd expect 2 day FedEx for $25. A perfectly packaged keyboard is a bit awkward in size...much like a poster or art in a tube.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 10:01:59 »
I'm going to hold off on this one just b/c I have several white alps boards now.  Also, I see a few on r/mm for around $80 shipped.  But it's pretty :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 16:53:16 »
I'm going to hold off on this one just b/c I have several white alps boards now.  Also, I see a few on r/mm for around $80 shipped.  But it's pretty :)

Really? 101s? Those are the only true US ANSI layouts and are much harder to find without yellowed keys.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline no, the other guy

• actually, this guy
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 16:56:22 »
What is that fascination with the ANSI layout anyway?
<armin> i have the impression the only reason the mx red switch was invented was drunk people

Unicomp PC122 (review) * IBM Model F XT * Dell AT101W

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 19:29:52 »

Really? 101s? Those are the only true US ANSI layouts and are much harder to find without yellowed keys.

Here’s one. This guy says he has a lot of them and plans to slowly sell them off

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/9xfos7/usct_h_obins_anne_pro_rgb_bt_kailh_blue_omnikey/?st=JOZ2CDO8&sh=18a525e0

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 03:14:29 »
This is a beauty that won't last long...

Nope, it didn't. Definitely underpriced.

I love eBay's "We found something similar" feature:

208146-0

Right—like those keebs are anything alike, huh?

Man. Does it really cost $25 to ship items now days?

Yes, this one would cost that much. Omnikeys are particularly prized for their weight and stability—they're the "tanks" of Alpses.

Of course if this seller knew about USPS's flat-rate Priority Mail "Game Board" boxes, he could send it anywhere in the US for around $18. It's mostly a keeb-geek thing, though.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg