Author Topic: [REVIEW] Razer Deathadder 2013  (Read 91476 times)

Offline StrykerX

[REVIEW] Razer Deathadder 2013
« on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:21:27 »
Didn't see any threads on it so I thought I would post my experience. This won't be the most extensive review ever but hopefully it'll help anybody interested in purchasing a new mouse.

A brief history of myself: I am a former professional Counter-Strike: Source player that competed at the highest level. I was paid to fly out and compete on the invitation-only Championship Gaming Series that was on DirecTV at SXSW in Austin, Texas. I've won and placed top three at quite a few tournaments. My proudest accomplishments include winning Dell's College Gaming League and beating Team 3D (the second season CGS team) in a CEVO tournament.

Now that we got that out of the way...

I've used the following mice during the successful part of my career (in order leading up to what I was previously using): Logitech MX510, Logitech G5 *shudders*, Logitech MX518, Razer Deathadder, Razer Deathadder 3.5G.

Mostly everyone I knew back when I played either used a Deathadder, or an MX518. Lately, it seems like SteelSeries and Zowie have gained some market share, but they didn't have any back when I was playing professionally. I've never used any of their mice so I can't compare to them.

I loved my Deathadder. I've always felt the ergonomics of the mouse was perfect for my hand. I never was super comfortable with the shape of the Logitech MX518. It was something I got used to, but the second my hand was in a Deathadder it felt right. I believe it's because they designed it to be very similar to the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, which was a popular gaming mouse before gaming mice were a thing, and even for a while after that. That said, the Deathadder never felt cheap, nor did it feel extremely high quality.  When I got the newer 3.5G version, there was zero difference in feel or build quality, and an unnoticeable difference to performance (for me).

A wild Deathadder 2013 appears...

On first sight, the mouse looks identical to the previous editions. But the moment my hand gripped this mouse, I was in love. It just feels...amazing. They added rubber grips to the side and a subtle grippy texture to the entire mouse that gives the mouse an extremely high quality feel. The build quality certainly does feel a lot more improved. It's amazing how minor details can accomplish so much.

I installed Synapse 2.0 and I'm not sure what everybody is complaining about. Without on-board controls, of course you will need custom software to change DPI and other settings, and Razer made easy to install and well designed cloud based settings software. I also read that you can store your settings offline. I think people complain because they like to complain, but I see nothing wrong with the software and this is coming from somebody who used to have to take their equipment to many LAN tournaments.

I immediately disabled the pulsating logo as usual, but the green scroll wheel trim actually looks really nice. I put my DPI down to 400 (yes, I use really low DPI, like a lot of top CS players). My old Deathadder was at 450, so I had to use a DPI calculator to figure out what to change my in-game sensitivity to in order to compensate. It turned out to be perfect.  I used 400 DPI before was when I was using my MX518 so the change was easy.

I went into an ESEA pug to test out the mouse. I swear I'm not joking, but I got the three most insane headshots within a few seconds of playing. I think it may have been the placebo effect at first that made my aim feel ridiculously accurate. After playing longer, it didn't continue like that, but there was a noticeable difference in the tracking and it felt more smooth than ever before. It's advertised as using a 6400dpi 4G Optical Sensor (not sure if that insane DPI amount means anything considering I play with it set on 400), but if I remember correctly the old Deathadder used an Infrared sensor. But this mouse says 6400DPI 4G Infrared Sensor on the bottom, so maybe Infrared and Optical mean the same thing to them? I don't know enough about them, so somebody else can elaborate if they know. I won't claim that this sensor is so good that a bad player would now be good just by switching from their gaming mouse to this gaming mouse, we all know it takes much more than a good mouse. But I do feel more of a difference switching from the Deathadder 3.5G to the 2013 than I did from the original Deathadder to the Deathadder 3.5G. Also, I am using this mouse at 1000HZ and when I used 1000HZ on my old Deathadder it felt inaccurate, where as it feels perfect on this.

Conclusion

I know their mechanical keyboards get a lot of heat on here (trust me, I'm not a Razer fanboy, I just ordered a Filco), but there is no denying that this is a fantastic mouse. This is the best Deathadder yet, and I'm curious to know how it can even get any better.

Pros:
  • High-quality build that feels really solid
  • Rubber side grips and subtle grippy texture
  • Amazing sensor that gives you ultra-smooth tracking
  • 1000HZ that doesn't feel unstable

Cons:
  • $69 price tag
  • No on-board memory

I give it 5/5 stars.

Got mine from Amazon because it seemed to be on backorder on Razer's website.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathAdder-Essential-Ergonomic-RZ01-00840100-R3U1/dp/B00AAS888S
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:35:11 by StrykerX »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Re: Deathadder 2013
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:48:47 »
The problem I have with the newer Razer mice is that they claim to have switched over to the bloated Synapse POS because onboard memory was apparently making their mice too expensive and they thought people wanted to be able to have 30+ profiles for each of their peripherals. And then they put out a couple of mice without onboard memory and they were easily more expensive than most of their previous products.
Also, when I tried to use Synapse with my 3.5G I don't think it'd let me set dpi and sensitivity independently, although I might remember incorrectly as I soon switched back to the legacy drivers.

As for the DA 2013; I really really want one as I love the shape but despise the shiny plastic on the older models. Not sure if I'll get one anytime soon, though, as it's noticeably more expensive than the old DA and doesn't even have onboard memory, which is something I would prefer in all my mice and Razer's reason for not using it is just plain silly.

I'll admit, though, that Razer gets a bit too much flak; their keyboards and, from what I've heard, headsets are overpriced pieces of terrible bling, but their mice are great and innovative, at least compared to Logitech who's pretty much been pushing the same shape for ages. Synapse, **** as it is, also gets slightly more flak than it deserves. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but compared to the old Razer drivers it's so messy and unnecessary. I would be perfectly fine with Synapse if they'd just put onboard memory on their mice.

In short; I really want one due to the shape, materials and sensor, and your review doesn't make me want it any less. Razer makes great mice, but their business practices lately are putting me off their products.
Over here in Norway I haven't managed to find the 2013 for under $90, and at that price the lack of onboard memory could really be a deal-breaker for me.

My apologies if there are a few oversights in this post, I'm a bit pressed for time so I'll probably come back later and clarify whatever needs clarification. Just don't get the wrong impression from my grumpy wording though; your review was excellent.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: [REVIEW] Razer Deathadder 2013
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:55:45 »
ooo. i hope they do another black edition
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 16:59:02 »
Great review.

I've been using the Mamba non-4G for long time now (mostly for web browsing and wired when casually gaming) and I have to say, the feel of the mouse is great. Its contoured well and fits my hand almost perfectly. I mention this, as the Deathadder has the same shape just a lighter and wired version of the Mamba last time I check.

I've had pretty good experiences with Razer mice and would say that their mice are decent (if you see past the pricetag), but I cannot comment on their other products such as their keyboards especially and headsets also.
Having said that I have had some minor issues with my mice but its not annoying enough for me to change. (Mamba DPI setting resets when I turn it off, Orochi sometimes lags when you turn it on) both issues easily fixed and don't worry me at all.

Offline StrykerX

Re: Deathadder 2013
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:05:56 »
The problem I have with the newer Razer mice is that they claim to have switched over to the bloated Synapse POS because onboard memory was apparently making their mice too expensive and they thought people wanted to be able to have 30+ profiles for each of their peripherals. And then they put out a couple of mice without onboard memory and they were easily more expensive than most of their previous products.
Also, when I tried to use Synapse with my 3.5G I don't think it'd let me set dpi and sensitivity independently, although I might remember incorrectly as I soon switched back to the legacy drivers.

As for the DA 2013; I really really want one as I love the shape but despise the shiny plastic on the older models. Not sure if I'll get one anytime soon, though, as it's noticeably more expensive than the old DA and doesn't even have onboard memory, which is something I would prefer in all my mice and Razer's reason for not using it is just plain silly.

I'll admit, though, that Razer gets a bit too much flak; their keyboards and, from what I've heard, headsets are overpriced pieces of terrible bling, but their mice are great and innovative, at least compared to Logitech who's pretty much been pushing the same shape for ages. Synapse, **** as it is, also gets slightly more flak than it deserves. It's not as bad as people make it out to be, but compared to the old Razer drivers it's so messy and unnecessary. I would be perfectly fine with Synapse if they'd just put onboard memory on their mice.

In short; I really want one due to the shape, materials and sensor, and your review doesn't make me want it any less. Razer makes great mice, but their business practices lately are putting me off their products.
Over here in Norway I haven't managed to find the 2013 for under $90, and at that price the lack of onboard memory could really be a deal-breaker for me.

My apologies if there are a few oversights in this post, I'm a bit pressed for time so I'll probably come back later and clarify whatever needs clarification. Just don't get the wrong impression from my grumpy wording though; your review was excellent.
Fair post. You're right about the lack of on-board memory. But the drivers don't bother me at all, and I'd only need on-board memory if I needed to use this mouse on another computer where I for some reason wouldn't be able to connect to the internet and download Synapse 2.0. And yes, no shiny plastic anymore!

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:35:46 »
I really like on-board memory as I have a collection of 13 mice so far that I switch between, both on this computer and on my laptop, so the less drivers I have to bother with the happier I am.
That's why I say Synapse gets too much hate; if you're only ever going to use the DA2013 on one computer then it's not much of an issue at all, but I still think it's unnecessary and silly when Razer say they chose to stop using on-board memory to make their mice cheaper, and then proceed to release more and more expensive mice. Sure, due to the lack of on-board memory they're not as expensive as they could have been, but they're still not cheaper than earlier models from what I've seen. I haven't done a whole lot of research on this, though, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, and they also claimed that Synapse was better due to the fact that you could store unlimited profiles, but who the hell needs more profiles than what's available on most mice with onboard memory these days?

So yeah, the thing that bothers me most about this whole no on-board memory/Synapse deal is that it's so damn unnecessary.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:41:53 »
I really like on-board memory as I have a collection of 13 mice so far that I switch between, both on this computer and on my laptop, so the less drivers I have to bother with the happier I am.
That's why I say Synapse gets too much hate; if you're only ever going to use the DA2013 on one computer then it's not much of an issue at all, but I still think it's unnecessary and silly when Razer say they chose to stop using on-board memory to make their mice cheaper, and then proceed to release more and more expensive mice. Sure, due to the lack of on-board memory they're not as expensive as they could have been, but they're still not cheaper than earlier models from what I've seen. I haven't done a whole lot of research on this, though, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh, and they also claimed that Synapse was better due to the fact that you could store unlimited profiles, but who the hell needs more profiles than what's available on most mice with onboard memory these days?

So yeah, the thing that bothers me most about this whole no on-board memory/Synapse deal is that it's so damn unnecessary.
I completely understand. It does seem a bit ridiculous, but it will never effect my particular use-case. I'm a little curious why you switch between 13 mice, though.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 17:56:01 »
Thanks for the review, I've been doing some research into getting DA, hoping to pick one up when I return home from vacation.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 18:00:26 »
I like variation, although I don't really switch between all 13 as some of them see fairly little use these days. I'll often use one mouse for some time, but one day I might sit down on my computer and find that it doesn't really feel that comfortable, so I'll switch to a mouse with a different shape. A lot of people here on GH collect keyboards, and while I do that myself to some degree I'm more of a mouse collector. I like collecting things I can actually use, as opposed to something like stamps or coins where you just keep them in a case or whatever. That's another part of why I like Razer; most of their models are unique and therefore far more interesting for a collector like me.

Supposedly changing up your mouse shapes also decreases the risk of RSI, which is never a bad thing.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 18:09:00 »
I like variation, although I don't really switch between all 13 as some of them see fairly little use these days. I'll often use one mouse for some time, but one day I might sit down on my computer and find that it doesn't really feel that comfortable, so I'll switch to a mouse with a different shape. A lot of people here on GH collect keyboards, and while I do that myself to some degree I'm more of a mouse collector. I like collecting things I can actually use, as opposed to something like stamps or coins where you just keep them in a case or whatever. That's another part of why I like Razer; most of their models are unique and therefore far more interesting for a collector like me.

Supposedly changing up your mouse shapes also decreases the risk of RSI, which is never a bad thing.
That is interesting. Thanks for the insight.

Offline sammsorensen

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:56:34 »
Did they change the build quality when compared to older models? The side buttons almost always break after extended use. I loved my deathadders.. But got tired of buying new ones every year for the same damn reason.

Honestly, razer products always seem to have pretty sub par build quality and i doubt their new deathadder is any different.
Filco MJ2 TKL brown

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 22:18:50 »
To be honest, as much as I hate Razer, DA and IME 3.0 were my competitive scene mouse, I have been to few competition and won, but DA scrolls has died on me so much that I just stopped trusting them, currently using Steelseries Sensei, but the 2013 DeathAdder looks REALLY solid from your pictures. I might want to try them again..
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 01:24:38 »
Did they change the build quality when compared to older models? The side buttons almost always break after extended use. I loved my deathadders.. But got tired of buying new ones every year for the same damn reason.

Honestly, razer products always seem to have pretty sub par build quality and i doubt their new deathadder is any different.
Although I've never had the side button problem you're referencing, yes I would say the build quality of this mouse is superior to any previous Deathadder I've owned.

To be honest, as much as I hate Razer, DA and IME 3.0 were my competitive scene mouse, I have been to few competition and won, but DA scrolls has died on me so much that I just stopped trusting them, currently using Steelseries Sensei, but the 2013 DeathAdder looks REALLY solid from your pictures. I might want to try them again..
I highly recommend it, the scroll wheel feels even more solid in this version.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 07:53:06 »

Although I've never had the side button problem you're referencing, yes I would say the build quality of this mouse is superior to any previous Deathadder I've owned.

I highly recommend it, the scroll wheel feels even more solid in this version.

I have a question.

Did they change the synapse? Or upgraded it? I really dislike the synapse 2.0, or pretty much the driver itself.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 December 2012, 09:31:46 by akuJIWA »

quit

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 10:23:45 »
Still Synapse 2.0

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 10:48:30 »
I have a question.

Did they change the synapse? Or upgraded it? I really dislike the synapse 2.0, or pretty much the driver itself.
Still Synapse 2.0, but I don't see why people hate it so much. Works perfectly.

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 11:00:12 »
I have a question.

Like I said earlier, I think part of the reason it gets the hate is because it's unnecessary.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 13:15:25 »
I have a question.

Like I said earlier, I think part of the reason it gets the hate is because it's unnecessary.
Well it's necessary since it has no on-board memory, but I agree that taking that out was unnecessary.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 17:39:56 »
If this mouse had on-board memory, where I could set it at 400dpi and be done with it, drivers or not, then it'd be my perfect mouse.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 17:43:47 »
I have a question.

Well it's necessary since it has no on-board memory, but I agree that taking that out was unnecessary.

Still no on board memory huh.. hmm.

quit

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 19:31:47 »
If this mouse had on-board memory, where I could set it at 400dpi and be done with it, drivers or not, then it'd be my perfect mouse.
I really don't understand why this is a deal-breaker to some people. Are you bringing this mouse to other computers a lot? Do you not want to run the drivers in the background (because we really just can't spare a few MB of RAM)? Pretty sure you can kill the process once you've set it and never use the drivers again on that computer. Just trying to understand why this bugs people so much.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 19:43:24 »
I really don't understand why this is a deal-breaker to some people. Are you bringing this mouse to other computers a lot? Do you not want to run the drivers in the background (because we really just can't spare a few MB of RAM)? Pretty sure you can kill the process once you've set it and never use the drivers again on that computer. Just trying to understand why this bugs people so much.

Personal preference I guess, I would prefer to plug my mouse in and ready to go.

quit

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 20:21:22 »
Personal preference I guess, I would prefer to plug my mouse in and ready to go.
But why is a one time 3 minute inconvenience for you such a big issue?

People here are willing to lube up keyboards, fix things by soldering and more for imperfect Mechanical Keyboards, so why is a one-time tiny 3 minute inconvenience such a horror?

I'm just baffled, it seems so negligible to me. I feel like people just need something to complain about.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 21:42:29 »

People here are willing to lube up keyboards, fix things by soldering and more for imperfect Mechanical Keyboards, so why is a one-time tiny 3 minute inconvenience such a horror?

I'm just baffled, it seems so negligible to me. I feel like people just need something to complain about.

One; do I need to lube, solder my keyboard when I go to cybercafe, tournaments, LAN party?
Two; not everyone is from America where download something would take 3 minutes, trust me, I've been to Malaysia cybercafe with the da and it took almost forever to download the driver.
Three; at the end of the day, its my money, it doesn't have the function I needed, hence I wouldn't get it.

I'm not trying to argue, but please understand there are people who argue with the sake of arguing, I just wants a certain function that I need, if it doesn't have it, there are still better options out there, no? I'm not a fan of any brand, the DA is the only mouse I would get from razer, but it has died on me so much that I just want to get away with it, but then again, the 2013 is really luring me over. Thanks for the review tho! Appreciate it.

Cheers.

quit

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 23:08:03 »

One; do I need to lube, solder my keyboard when I go to cybercafe, tournaments, LAN party?
Two; not everyone is from America where download something would take 3 minutes, trust me, I've been to Malaysia cybercafe with the da and it took almost forever to download the driver.
Three; at the end of the day, its my money, it doesn't have the function I needed, hence I wouldn't get it.

I'm not trying to argue, but please understand there are people who argue with the sake of arguing, I just wants a certain function that I need, if it doesn't have it, there are still better options out there, no? I'm not a fan of any brand, the DA is the only mouse I would get from razer, but it has died on me so much that I just want to get away with it, but then again, the 2013 is really luring me over. Thanks for the review tho! Appreciate it.

Cheers.
Not arguing for the sake of arguing, really just trying to understand why this frustrates so many people. I'm not a Razer fanboy by any means, I could care less if you buy their product. I just love this mouse. In fact, I would love to try a SteelSeries or Zowie mouse just to have something new to compare it to besides the previous DA and my MX518.

Your unique viewpoint about the Malaysia Cybercafe is insightful. If the internet is that bad there, how do you play on internet servers? Or do you just play other people locally? Maybe an option would be to keep the drivers on a flash drive. Yeah, I know, that's a big inconvenience. So you win, haha. Happy new year!

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 23:48:53 »

Cheers.
Not arguing for the sake of arguing, really just trying to understand why this frustrates so many people. I'm not a Razer fanboy by any means, I could care less if you buy their product. I just love this mouse. In fact, I would love to try a SteelSeries or Zowie mouse just to have something new to compare it to besides the previous DA and my MX518.

Your unique viewpoint about the Malaysia Cybercafe is insightful. If the internet is that bad there, how do you play on internet servers? Or do you just play other people locally? Maybe an option would be to keep the drivers on a flash drive. Yeah, I know, that's a big inconvenience. So you win, haha. Happy new year!

I play competitively on games like Dota 1/CS 1.6 where you don't really require internet that much, but it's still good enough for locally! And trust me, back in the days, when you bring a flashdrive or anything like that, they will be suspicious of you carrying hacking programs or whatever excuse they can find. -_- Glad nowadays it's a lot better.

But then, since moving to Australia, I have stopped going competitively and just playing for fun now! So maybe getting that DA 2013 would be a good idea.. but my SS is only 6 months old..

quit

Offline JPG

• Model F is my new passion!
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 00:53:02 »
Just for everyone's info, the optical sensor (if I am not wrong) is a second sensor to hlep detect when the mouse "leaves" the surface it's on. I also heard that it can be configured. I mention all that by memory from a video on the web, but I am pretty sure it's accurate.

I dunno how much it changes the gaming experience still.
IBM F122, IBM XT F X2, IBM AT F (all Soarer converted), Filco Camo TKL Browns

Offline dmbr

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 05:31:54 »
Wait, so it has a laser sensor?

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 06:53:44 »
Wait, so it has a laser sensor?

Optical iirc.

quit

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 08:21:01 »
Just for everyone's info, the optical sensor (if I am not wrong) is a second sensor to hlep detect when the mouse "leaves" the surface it's on. I also heard that it can be configured. I mention all that by memory from a video on the web, but I am pretty sure it's accurate.

I dunno how much it changes the gaming experience still.
Nope, the DA 2013 doesn't have the stupid dual sensor crap. Just a 6400 dpi optical sensor.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 13:04:28 »
Looks like some nice improvements. Too bad the price is up too.

Still too big for my hands though  :(
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 04:21:24 »
Great review, StrykerX.

I have the old DeathAdder model and like you, I swear by its precision in gaming (especially CS 1.6). I recommend it to anyone for gaming or leisure use. I used to have wrist straining with an MMO-style mouse, but I've never had any issues with the DeathAdder.

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:19:39 »
Nice review.  I'd like to hear your opinions on the new Logitech G400 - the successor to the 518.
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 08:46:30 »
Nice review.  I'd like to hear your opinions on the new Logitech G400 - the successor to the 518.
There's not really much to say about it, after they fixed the sensor the G400 is incredibly good value for money. The software for it is fairly annoying though, but personally I have no problem using it without installing it as the preset dpi values work for me and I don't really use the side buttons that much.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #34 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 13:34:06 »
If somebody can get Logitech to send me one I'll be happy to review it :).

The MX518 was a great mouse. I won tournaments with it. But that shape has always been uncomfortable for my hand. It's something I got used to, but you remember how uncomfortable it was the moment you use something more ergonomic.

Great review, StrykerX.

I have the old DeathAdder model and like you, I swear by its precision in gaming (especially CS 1.6). I recommend it to anyone for gaming or leisure use. I used to have wrist straining with an MMO-style mouse, but I've never had any issues with the DeathAdder.
Yep, it's beast.

Offline t2russo

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 16:56:51 »
I ended up with a Black Edition DA and a Sensei, and I'm still torn up between the two.  I really like plug and play, as I do play in multiple locations regularly where I cannot install Synapse, but the shape of the DA is still king**** amongst palm grip.  All I want is a DA with pinky buttons and onboard profiles, dammit!

Offline Guillairmo

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 20:00:36 »
This thread couldn't have appeared at a better time. So here's my deal: I went through the original Razer DA and it slowly died due to a horrible double click issue, so I decided to buy the new Razer DA 3.5G which I am using now, and it also is starting to crap out on me as I am having scroll issues (scrolling upwards on a page is frustrating as the mouse tends to go up 1 line and back down 3). I want to replace this Razer DA 3.5g now, and I already said to myself I would not risk another DA. But after reading this post I am reminded of how much I love the shape and feel of the DA. So my question to you is: Is the 2013 DA worth my time, or do you think I would have better luck searching elsewhere, i.e. a Sensei or a Feenix Nascita?

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 07 January 2013, 00:30:10 »
This thread couldn't have appeared at a better time. So here's my deal: I went through the original Razer DA and it slowly died due to a horrible double click issue, so I decided to buy the new Razer DA 3.5G which I am using now, and it also is starting to crap out on me as I am having scroll issues (scrolling upwards on a page is frustrating as the mouse tends to go up 1 line and back down 3). I want to replace this Razer DA 3.5g now, and I already said to myself I would not risk another DA. But after reading this post I am reminded of how much I love the shape and feel of the DA. So my question to you is: Is the 2013 DA worth my time, or do you think I would have better luck searching elsewhere, i.e. a Sensei or a Feenix Nascita?
Don't get the Nascita, from what I've seen it's just some generic OEM mouse with some fancy marketing behind it. If you want that mouse, try finding another brand that sells it cheaper.

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:10:09 »
Absolutely worth your time. I have more confidence in the quality of the 2013 than any other Deathadder mouse that I've used.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 02:25:55 »
I may... get one of these, i like the look and i'm looking into a new mouse right now.
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline linkz

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 08 January 2013, 09:48:28 »
I've been using many of the razer mouse. And I think they're much better than RAT and other fancy mouses.

Worth the price you're paying.

Offline mickd

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 09 January 2013, 01:07:09 »
I personally use the DA Black Edition and have not had any major problems with it. It's a great mouse. The only thing that I don't like about it is that I've worn through the coating on the top of the mouse where your fingers rest for left and right clicking. Beneath the coating it's a bit texture-y rather than matte smooth.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #42 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 13:06:49 »

I switch mice a lot, and my preferred setting is at 400 dpi. It just pisses me off that all my mice have different default DPIs.

Offline linkz

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 09:00:48 »
I would be getting this once my old deathadder is unuseable, which seems like forever.
It's still functioning perfectly after all this year  :rolleyes:

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 03:00:47 »
So this is indeed using optical sensor right?

quit

Offline StrykerX

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:39:55 »
Indeed it does.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 22:50:03 »
Indeed it does.

Getting it soon! :p

quit

Offline link_tree

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 03:00:23 »
I've been using a razer deathadder black edition for close to 3 years now and I definitely loved that thing but recently I decided to get a new mouse as the DA was worn out a little and I wanted to try new things. So I got myself a logitech G400 and boy do I love this mouse. I really like how it fits in my hand so nicely just like the DA and I don't know why but I think It feels a little bit more accurate but my mind could be deceiving me.
overall it was a great buy and it is a little bit cheaper then a DA.
My grip type is somewhat hybrid between claw and palm grips and both these mices have been working great for me.
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2013, 03:03:35 by link_tree »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 19:50:31 »
Thanks for the review StrykerX! I just got mine today and I'm loving it so far. Glad I went back to an optical mouse

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 15 January 2013, 23:11:54 »
I've always been surprised at how many fans these DeathAdders have...

I had one (in 1800dpi form), and it spent most of its (rather brief) life in a drawer, since I just couldn't get along with it. I found it to be very clumsy in terms of form factor-- too heavy, too large, not shaped in a way conducive to proper control-- poorly built (couldn't even glide properly, because the shell was warped in a way that caused one of the corners to scrape on the mousepad; nor did it last very long, as mentioned), and accompanied by software that not only had a hard time functioning, but which also screwed up the settings for other devices every time the mouse was plugged in. I had bought it to replace a cheap and ancient Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse, but wound up continuing to use the Basic Mouse until it died instead, after which I went for something completely different. Every now and then, I'd take out the DeathAdder to see if maybe I was being uncharitable, but it never got any better, and eventually it died. The whole experience left me quite completely decided that Razer would not be getting any more of my money in the future.

Always found it rather difficult to believe that the mouse I had is the same one (or a member of the same family, at least) that enjoys such wide acclaim.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104