geekhack Marketplace > Matias

Matias Ergo Pro debuts at CES

(1/107) > >>

Matias:
Just announced...

http://matias.ca/ergopro

http://matias.ca/ergopro/pr

Let me know if there are any questions.  :-)

daerid:
These days I'm having a hard time calling anything that still uses a staggered layout "ergonomic". It's a good first attempt, but falls short due to the awkwardness of the staggered layout.

Binge:
I was going to ask-  Was there a reason you chose staggered vs, a non-staggered layout?

vivalarevolución:

--- Quote from: daerid on Wed, 08 January 2014, 12:11:22 ---These days I'm having a hard time calling anything that still uses a staggered layout "ergonomic". It's a good first attempt, but falls short due to the awkwardness of the staggered layout.

--- End quote ---

I echo this sentiment.  But they are a business and they to have to sell to more than a niche market. 

My first impression, however, is that thing is kind of ugly with all the different button sizes.

SonOfSonOfSpock:
In one of the pictures, it looks like there is a positive slope to the keyboard. Is that the case or is it just a wrong picture on the site? If it is that wouldn't be a dealbreaker since there are ways around it, but I think a 0 degree slope is something small that people could easily adapt to that would help them ergonomically.

Otherwise, this looks very interesting. I used to use a Kinesis Freestyle, but switched to a mechanical keyboard because I didn't like the rubber dome switches. I think I would have switched to this instead of a normal flat keyboard if it were available at the time. If my ergodox that I'm waiting on doesn't work out I think I'll order one of these.

For those asking about it being non-staggered, I think there are enough people who want or need a split keyboard, but don't want to learn a completely new physical layout. Not everybody wants to or can jump completely and some just want to take small steps ergonomically. If you depend on typing for your job like me then the low learning curve on something like this is great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version