geekhack Marketplace > Matias

Matias Ergo Pro vertical on its own

<< < (2/3) > >>

chx:
Since then I changed the left side to a 1/4" 3/8" spigot (like the Impact SRP-109) for light weight and added a "Triopo Short Column Ø24mm for MT-128 and GT-128 tripods" to the right because I found it was not wide enough otherwise and this what I found for cheap. Now it is. I might ditch the QR plate for a simple converter screw.

jacobolus:
Cute.

I wonder if you could build a similar contraption of a rigid rod with ball joints + mounts on each end, and get the keyboard to stay at a different tent angle. Would take differently positioned gripper feet.

chx:
Omitting ball joints was an important part on my side. I have no desire of a tenting keyboard and I felt ball joints would make it less stable.

nemui:
Hi chx, I wanted to tell you this project actually inspired me to try to do the same with my Matias Ergo Pro. Just curious - how is the typing experience on the vertical keyboard so far?

chx:
I have been using a vertical keyboard , a Kinesis Freestyle + Ascent since 2009. I love the experience, the Matias is even better, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version