Author Topic: real-time programmable macro keypad? Replacing my G11...  (Read 998 times)

Offline TheNorthern_Light

real-time programmable macro keypad? Replacing my G11...
« on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 07:20:42 »
Hello,

I'm new here, so bare with my inquiry please...

I've been using a Logitech G11 keyboard at work for years, and I heavily use the macro keys. Unfortunately, I was cleaning it and broke 2 keys clean off (hey, its old and brittle at this point).

Sadly though, I cannot find a comparable regular keyboard that has more than 2 macro keys, and the two that I have tried, either don't support real-time reprogramming, or the macro keys only work when game is launched (directx).

So I'm looking at buying a replacement macro keypad, but so far, I cannot find on that supports reprogramming on the fly (ie, not have to use software to change the macro that is being run).

I'd love on that is something like the Elgato Stream Deck (I love the idea of visually programmable keys for those that are static in content), sadly it doesn't seem to support reprogrammable keys (and it seems mostly designed for streaming/gaming... I mostly use it in Excel worksheets).

Any suggestions/recommendations are super welcome.

Thanks.

Offline A_Z

Re: real-time programmable macro keypad? Replacing my G11...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 13:13:13 »
Welcome TheNorthern_Light

I am also new here, and interested in finding the answer to your question. I hope someone replies.

I just bought an old Maxi Switch programmable keyboard, it is similar to the more popular Gateway Anykey keyboard. I think it will be a good one for me, based on the video by Chyros on YouTube.