Author Topic: [IC] Onekey 流80-NAGARE80 80% with f13 wk/wkl | new renders  (Read 10511 times)

Offline hongoo

[IC] Onekey 流80-NAGARE80 80% with f13 wk/wkl | new renders
« on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 09:14:43 »
285610-0

Hello everyone, this is Hongoo from OneKey Studio.
This time we bring you our new 80%keyboard design- 流80-NAGARE80.

Inspiration

As a keyboard lover myself, I always wanted a case with a softer look. I did look into other designs with curves. Those are all great designs. Each one of them has its unique characteristic. However, I want a more reserved look, a delicate curvature with a powerful tension. So, I decided to bring this to life with other members of OneKey studio. Special thanks to friends who participated in my live stream. Your pieces of advice are very precious. '流' is the Chinese character of Flow. Flow is not only the behavior of liquid but happens to other stuff in nature. I also get inspiration from the forms of wind and dunes.

IC Form: https://forms.gle/tXyvwA9BagNav7n19

Discord: https://discord.gg/XXQf8gPxSR

Instagram: https://instagram.com/onekey_studio?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

zFrontier: https://www.zfrontier.com/app/flow/D6WqlvRVEm36

Time Line
2022,04,25: Demo
2022,07,31: Renders of other color options

Information

Material & color:
Top: Anodised aluminum (Black, sliver) | other colors update after sample
Lower: Anodised aluminum (Black, sliver)  | other colors update after sample
Weight: Optional (aluminum, other materials, and colors available)
Plate: PC (other materials in testing)
Case Size: 357.5 x 135 x 37 mm;
Front height: 18.5mm
( Tested to be a hight friendly to no palm rest users during or design process.)
Case Angle: 8°
Structure: Tower gas
More
(improved gasket structure, provide a softer response through the shape change of the tapered silicone pad. )

Size: 80%(+13 7u space)
PCB: 1.2mm Flexcut Hotswap / Solderable
Connection: Type-C
GB date: TBA
About GB: TBA
Pricing: TBA
Vendors: TBA

Design

285612-1

We made the width between the 60% zone and the functional zone the same as the width of the frame to get a tidier look for the working face. Bring out the theme by the wave light. The original design of the light was a wave cutout without the bars. To provide a digital feel and a more balanced look, we changed it to this look now. When you turn on the RGB, you get a wave. If you do not like the RGB, it becomes a wave hidden under the surface. 

285614-2

We wanted to give this design an accent, like a ripple on a calm surface or a breeze on a hot day. We put a slight curve on the bottom edge of the big rectangle instead of using an all-curved shape. To emphasize this curve, we used two-colored anodization to give it a highlight.

285616-3

We worked hardest on the lines of the side profile. Side-profile is the most shown part of a design. After a lot of fine-tuning, we finally reached an agreement among all designers in our group. The straight line on the top is the start of all curves. The curve on the top part is the materialization of our understanding of the concept-NAGARE.
Concave shapes of the lower part offer a series of curves that supports the top curve. The diffused reflections of the anodized aluminum finish give the side profile a dynamic visual.

285618-4

285620-5

Parts and Structure

To reach the optimum even light, the soft plate of the logo light can affect the position of the slot on the PCB. (Subject to GB product)
The material of the PE sheet and the hardness of the tower gas silicon are in testing. (TBA in future updates)

285622-6

Tower gas
Tower gas provides a softer response through the shape change of the tapered silicone pad and the plate. Compared to a  gasket structure, tower gas has a more linear feel when tapped. Tower gas does not affect the installation of the gasket foam.

Layout

Hotswap PCB 7u space support, step caps lock available.

285624-7

Solderable PCB and other formats TBA.

Renders

285626-8285628-9

Anodised black

285630-10285632-11

Anodised sliver

Demos of anodised black and sliver are out, please check in discord or instagram.

Color ideas matching MW Barista

285634-12
Powder coating

285636-13
Anodised

Renders of other color options

289616-14289618-15289620-16
White and gold

289622-17289624-18289626-19
All black (dark stream)

流80 is the first keyboard kit of OneKey Studio. We chose a well-developed platform as our base and merged our design with it. Strive to make a top-class product with all the efforts that went into the lines. The experience we want to deliver with  NAGARE80 is not to make you fall at first sight but to feel the beauty of the delicate balance of that 'flow' through daily use.
One Key for you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 July 2022, 23:36:12 by hongoo »

Offline Jr.Mars

Re: [IC] Onekey 流80-NAGARE80
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 09:31:14 »
reserved
beautiful.
gdwic :thumb:

Offline tuesdaygloom

• wait.
Re: [IC] Onekey 流80-NAGARE80 80% with f13 wk/wkl
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 13:35:16 »
the curves look pretty

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 15:39:23 »
a lot of important infos (at least for me) are still missing.

-plate:
there are no plate materials beeing listed, from what I can see on the renders/pictures. I know that PC seems to be the only option that will be offered so far. Can we expect other popular options like aluminium and FR4 or even some less popular materials like carbon fiber, pp (polypropylen) or even half plate options?

-colours:
the amount of colours beeing offered is quite scars right now. I hope that the IC will give you a better idea on what colours are in more demand than others and that there will be at least 2 more colours beeing added.
My second thing I would like to know is if different coloured top and bottom case can be possible.
For example white top case and black bottom case or top bugundy and bottom black case for example.

-GB format:
I think that I can speak for everyone interested in this board when I say "high unit FCFS or unlimiteed GB is appreciated", since it would increase the chances of everyone to get their hands on one.

-layout:
what are the supported layouts? I saw a render of MW Barrista on the IC I think, that shows 2 layouts are those the only 2 layouts beeing offered or can I expect stuff like split right shift, split backspace or ISO support. If it will support ISO will it be on sodler only or will there be ISO hs as well.

I know that the IC is still pretty new and those info will get released later on but I would like to see it in the near future
hope to see those infos beeing added since those infomation will be a determining factor in whether or not I will be purchasing one unit and most likely for others as well.
GLWIC

Offline SDKCAMPING

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 15:41:24 »
it feels like you can sell anything with a curve on it to people in keyboards, even when the curves look  like a wacky fun house mirror. Hopefully people will realize that curves are just an easy way out for designers and move on from this trend like the 65% top right blocker trend. Anyway i do really like the weight on the bottom of the board, clean and interesting to look at with it one side curve. but the sides of the keyboard just look like trying to remember of a keyboard i thought of in a dream.
Blue Gray Ciel 60 with BCPs | E-white 7V (plateless) with Aqua Kings

Offline happy child

• always a child
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 03:36:22 »
I saw this keyboard at first sight, I fall in love with this absolutely design,especially the curved surface, show 流 the natural feeling.

I am willing to wait for more perfect products.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2022, 03:51:49 by happy child »

Offline soundstage

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 12:37:12 »
What grade of aluminium are you using for the top and bottom?
Do you have a daughter board for the USB C connector?
What layouts does your PCB support? Can a third party PCB be used with this board? Like hiney PCB?
Which regions of the world are you willing to run this GB in?
Do you accept vendor requests?

Regarding the design of the keyboard, I think you need to increase the size of the internal weight so your acoustics becomes better without poron foam. Also make all the side bezels the same size, just the top and bottom being wider makes the board look oldschool.

Offline hongoo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 21:30:20 »

-plate:
there are no plate materials beeing listed, from what I can see on the renders/pictures. I know that PC seems to be the only option that will be offered so far. Can we expect other popular options like aluminium and FR4 or even some less popular materials like carbon fiber, pp (polypropylen) or even half plate options?

-colours:
the amount of colours beeing offered is quite scars right now. I hope that the IC will give you a better idea on what colours are in more demand than others and that there will be at least 2 more colours beeing added.
My second thing I would like to know is if different coloured top and bottom case can be possible.
For example white top case and black bottom case or top bugundy and bottom black case for example.

-GB format:
I think that I can speak for everyone interested in this board when I say "high unit FCFS or unlimiteed GB is appreciated", since it would increase the chances of everyone to get their hands on one.

-layout:
what are the supported layouts? I saw a render of MW Barrista on the IC I think, that shows 2 layouts are those the only 2 layouts being offered or can I expect stuff like split right shift, split backspace or ISO support. If it will support ISO will it be on sodler only or will there be ISO hs as well.

I know that the IC is still pretty new and those info will get released later on but I would like to see it in the near future
hope to see those infos beeing added since those infomation will be a determining factor in whether or not I will be purchasing one unit and most likely for others as well.
GLWIC

-Plate:
PC is the only plate material we have tested and finished sampling. Due to the difference in hardness of other materials, it may change the positioning of the slots. We will update when the tests are completed.

-Colors:
Color is basically the same situation. Black and silver are the ones that demos are out. We will make demos of other colors based on the results of the IC form. Different colored top and bottom cases can only open as an option after all colors are out.

-Layout:
MW Barista render shows the layout of HS only at this moment. More are in testing and will be updated as soon as the demos are out. Photographs of the HS PCB were posted in discord.

-GB format:
Unfortunately, we don't have an exact answer for this one yet since this is the very beginning of the IC. We do not have any vendors at this point. We will try our best to meet the requirements.

Thank you for your suggestions, its really helpful.

Offline Keeblet_257

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 02 May 2022, 15:57:24 »

-plate:

-colours:

-GB format:

-layout:
what are the supported layouts? I saw a render of MW Barrista on the IC I think, that shows 2 layouts are those the only 2 layouts being offered or can I expect stuff like split right shift, split backspace or ISO support. If it will support ISO will it be on sodler only or will there be ISO hs as well.

GLWIC

-Plate:
PC is the only plate material we have tested and finished sampling. Due to the difference in hardness of other materials, it may change the positioning of the slots. We will update when the tests are completed.

-Colors:
Color is basically the same situation. Black and silver are the ones that demos are out. We will make demos of other colors based on the results of the IC form. Different colored top and bottom cases can only open as an option after all colors are out.

-Layout:
MW Barista render shows the layout of HS only at this moment. More are in testing and will be updated as soon as the demos are out. Photographs of the HS PCB were posted in discord.

-GB format:
Unfortunately, we don't have an exact answer for this one yet since this is the very beginning of the IC. We do not have any vendors at this point. We will try our best to meet the requirements.

Thank you for your suggestions, its really helpful.
thanks for the info

Offline hongoo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 11:20:25 »
What grade of aluminum are you using for the top and bottom?
Do you have a daughterboard for the USB C connector?
What layouts does your PCB support? Can a third-party PCB be used with this board? Like hiney PCB?
Which regions of the world are you willing to run this GB in?
Do you accept vendor requests?

Regarding the design of the keyboard, I think you need to increase the size of the internal weight so your acoustics becomes better without poron foam. Also, make all the side bezels the same size, just the top and bottom being wider makes the board look old school.

The aluminum used is 6063.

We do have a daughterboard for the USB C connector. The daughterboard is still testing at the point of this IC being posted, it will be included in future updates.

This HS PCB only supports the layout shown in the post. More are in testing and will be updated as soon as the demos are out. And no, a third-party PCB can not be used with this board since there are some structural differences.

Regions of GB depend on the vendors. Now we are working on the packaging, we will open for vendor requests very soon.

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 12:26:18 »
will the PCB have VIA/QMK support? overall a very nice keyboard  :thumb:

Offline hongoo

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 22:46:37 »
will the PCB have VIA/QMK support? overall a very nice keyboard  :thumb:
The HS PCB supports both at this moment, however, it may change during the following tests.

Offline saab

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 18:03:32 »
The curve on the weight looks really nice, good job  :thumb:

Offline nosashimi

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 22:11:14 »
Be water my friend
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 May 2022, 22:17:39 by nosashimi »

Offline hongoo

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 23:44:40 »