Author Topic: Your Black Friday List 2022  (Read 7086 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Your Black Friday List 2022
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 12:37:44 »
^ Sure is!  I think that would last me all year...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 12:47:17 »
^ Sure is!  I think that would last me all year...
well it is the plan :) until next black Friday to get the 50% off again
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 14:10:53 »

I think that would last me all year...

well it is the plan

So, does that come in a big tub and you scoop out half a liter at a time into an ordinary kitchen container?
I have never seen that much peanut butter in a single container outside of an institution, and I lived half of my life in Georgia!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 28 November 2022, 14:11:40 »
HDD DEAL

NEWEGG,   18 tb  WD RED PRO 7200rpm drive for $254,,  285   -11% zip11 code, must use zip checkout,  it's 4 month billing, but you can go into their site and pay it off right away.   no hit to credit, it's a soft pull.

2 drive limit.

Don't think it'll get much cheaper than this,  this is $14.09 per TB,   General BF HDD deal is $200 for 14tb external, is 14.28 $ per TB.

Red PRO has 5 years warranty and internal. no shucking required.

Show Image

IMO not a good deal, they regularly go on-sale for that range.  There was a deal on a IronWolf 20TB but at $339.99 (NewEgg) for Cyber Monday.
I just want a 12-18TB in the $100-150 range - where they should be since I can find 2TB SSD's in the $100-130 range.

I've never seen 12-18tb drives for 100-150, except refurbished.

Offline yui

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 11:30:32 »

I think that would last me all year...

well it is the plan

So, does that come in a big tub and you scoop out half a liter at a time into an ordinary kitchen container?
I have never seen that much peanut butter in a single container outside of an institution, and I lived half of my life in Georgia!
nah it is 10 1kg jars, it would be a nightmare to mix the whole 10kg when it separate after a week :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 13:48:06 »
It's insane how many of those Edifier speakers they're selling..

Offline Sniping

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 16:37:10 »
lol i caved and bought an lg c2 42 last night. been gaming a bit more again now that the new warzone is out so I thought I'd treat myself.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 16:47:31 »
lol i caved and bought an lg c2 42 last night. been gaming a bit more again now that the new warzone is out so I thought I'd treat myself.

why sniping no get quantum oled alienware ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 29 November 2022, 22:47:27 »
GDI, was really hoping the MVC2 cabinet would be pretty decent with fixes, but it seems the arcade1up is dragging their feet on it. 

Guess I'll go dust off the dreamcast.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 30 November 2022, 10:03:58 »
Looks like my son now wants a Nintendo Switch for Xmass, I knew this day would come - still plan on upgrading his PC to a R5 3600 (currently on a i7 3770, which is older than him).  So since he wants a Switch I've been lurking on OLED Switch deals - so far best I can find is $250 on reddit marketplace and $314 new(ish).  I need to find out what games he wants -other than Sports like we have on his Wii.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Sniping

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 01 December 2022, 11:56:57 »

it was also a good choice but two things. I'm not really used to playing on ultrawide, and it's too small for me nowadays. I feel like monitor size creep is a thing (I just made up that name). 5 years ago, it was pretty common to game on a 24" monitor. 27" was pretty big. Now that people have had a taste of using 27" monitors, the most common sizes are 27" and 32". If you downsize when getting a new screen, it feels like a downgrade. Since I've been using 27" for like 10 years now, and use a TV for my main productivity screen, it'd feel small and like a downgrade if I spent all this money just for a 34 ultrawide. So 42" felt like a good size for me. Maybe something in between 32 and 42 would be nice, but for now 42 will do. Plus the C2 is a great deal these days, $850 and the questionable 4 year burn in warranty.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 10:56:39 »

it was also a good choice but two things. I'm not really used to playing on ultrawide, and it's too small for me nowadays. I feel like monitor size creep is a thing (I just made up that name). 5 years ago, it was pretty common to game on a 24" monitor. 27" was pretty big. Now that people have had a taste of using 27" monitors, the most common sizes are 27" and 32". If you downsize when getting a new screen, it feels like a downgrade. Since I've been using 27" for like 10 years now, and use a TV for my main productivity screen, it'd feel small and like a downgrade if I spent all this money just for a 34 ultrawide. So 42" felt like a good size for me. Maybe something in between 32 and 42 would be nice, but for now 42 will do. Plus the C2 is a great deal these days, $850 and the questionable 4 year burn in warranty.

are you going to disable that factory menu dimming thing which peopel say voids the warranty. Tp4 bought a CX a while back, but gave up/returned because the dimming made regular 'puter tasks untenable.   If it was just movies/ games, it worked fine.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 17:09:16 »

are you going to disable that factory menu dimming thing which peopel say voids the warranty. Tp4 bought a CX a while back, but gave up/returned because the dimming made regular 'puter tasks untenable.   If it was just movies/ games, it worked fine.

Going to try it out first, if it bothers me a lot, yes I'm going to disable it. If I went through warranty claim, I most likely wouldn't be going through LG and it'd be through that extended burn in warranty. I doubt they'll check that I changed anything in the service menu. And I'm quick sure I can just put it back to stock before sending it in, and there likely wouldn't be any trace of me adjusting it in the first place.

As for the work use case, a lot of days of WFH I'm too lazy to even connect my computer to my monitor, and just work off my laptop, so I'm not super concerned about the WFH case. The C2 is an imperfect work monitor anyways. Without auto wake (bar the LGTV companion application) and USB-C charging, it's just not that great of an experience for that use. If I was serious about the whole work thing I'd probably just find a used LG ultrafine 5k, which I loved using the last time I used one.

After looking at the current state of affairs for large monitors, it seems that the solutions are all imperfect. The Asus PG42UQ came quite close with the heatsink and monitor functionality on top of just being a C2 panel, but lack of USB-C and still having auto dimming was still a problem. I believe the C2 is the best choice if you fear auto dimming since the service remote doesn't exist for the monitor versions of this panel (same for 48" oled monitors like the ultragear and FO48U, PG48UQ). The oled drawbacks still seem worth it to me over other choices and the price was right for the C2 so that's what I ended up with.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 11:12:19 »
Area rug prices.. jessssus christ, ,whyyyyyy is it this spensive

/hyperventilate

Offline Sniping

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 15:50:08 »
Area rug prices.. jessssus christ, ,whyyyyyy is it this spensive

/hyperventilate

you can find really good deals on rugs and just decor in general on fb marketplace and craigslist. you need to keep an eye out for name brand stuff and make sure the condition is solid. cb2 stuff is always really nice and i've seen good condition rugs for as little as $50.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 16:28:09 »
you can find really good deals on rugs and just decor in general on fb marketplace and craigslist. you need to keep an eye out for name brand stuff and make sure the condition is solid. cb2 stuff is always really nice and i've seen good condition rugs for as little as $50.

no offense Sniping, but tp4 finds it a little weird if someone would sell a used area rugs,  what went down, gonna get linked to them unsolved murdars ?

Offline Sniping

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 17:31:45 »

no offense Sniping, but tp4 finds it a little weird if someone would sell a used area rugs,  what went down, gonna get linked to them unsolved murdars ?

Show Image

lol people move yknow.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 18:05:49 »

Area rug prices

I don't know how hard it is to find a place like this in Jersey, but I got a couple of good rugs at half the price (or less) that big boxes were selling them for. They may have been irregulars, but I never saw any real evidence of it.

https://www.hammersdrygoods.com/
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"