Author Topic: [IC] Carbon Keyset  (Read 241317 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
Re: [IC] Carbon Keyset
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 16:26:52 »
Why not add some length 1.5x personality keycaps? so many 1x and 1.25x personality.....

and if the profile row could support this .... also very good

Show Image

There are already 1.5u novelty keys, see first post.

I dont know this layout. Can you give me an example of it?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 16:33:19 »
Does this keyset have Filco MiniLa support?

Ex. 3u row3 spacebar.

I don't see it currently.

I don't think a mould exists at all for a convex (i.e. spacebar-shaped) 3u key in any profile. I do believe there is a concave 3u key, but it's essentially a slightly extended rshift.
I know the convex profile doesn't exist.
I was asking about a 3u blank concave key.

I think SA 3u key is not available. But blanks will be offered per default if this IC hits GB phase. So you can get the answer if you check the store while GB is running.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 20:23:08 »
Didn't this get nearly 500 votes on PMK before they took down the interest check page? I'm sure I'm not along in saying that this is the #1 set on my radar right now, and there's a LOT of good sets out at the moment.

I really dig the novelty keys. Heck, not really much I can say that I don't like about it. I'd probably pick this over getting Hack'd by Geeks if such a choice was presented.

Its not supposed to be nr1 set. If so then its Granite which sold the most of all sets. It is also not my goal to make nr1 set. I want a good looking set and an unique one. Its 52 votes to go to reach 500 votes :)

What is nr1?

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 06 June 2015, 23:22:24 »

Ex. 3u row3 spacebar.

I don't think a mould exists at all for a convex (i.e. spacebar-shaped) 3u key in any profile. I do believe there is a concave 3u key, but it's essentially a slightly extended rshift.

I think SA 3u key is not available. But blanks will be offered per default if this IC hits GB phase. So you can get the answer if you check the store while GB is running.
I wasn't sure how it worked. I just remember in the Retro SA gb that just finished, a 3u row 3 convex blank was an option for a Filco MiniLa.

It looks like you have all the rest of the keys needed for a MiniLa board.

Offline HelixDan

• a SB player
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 01:25:50 »
Why not add some length 1.5x personality keycaps? so many 1x and 1.25x personality.....

Show Image

^-^  base kit + ISO kit, it would be like this...  cool~~ (i am not a ISO layout player, but i will order this ISO kit)

HHKB layout need 1.5x Command(in Mac kit) on OSX
and need 1.5x Win(1.5u novelty keys) on Windows

Perfect!!!

====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======
HHKBClack ClickTopre
RealForce 87uClack ClickTopre 55g
LZ-CPGMK Red AlertBrown
Minila AirGranite DSABrown
?????Red
====== Welcome to Matrix Lab ======

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 03:49:44 »
Didn't this get nearly 500 votes on PMK before they took down the interest check page? I'm sure I'm not along in saying that this is the #1 set on my radar right now, and there's a LOT of good sets out at the moment.

I really dig the novelty keys. Heck, not really much I can say that I don't like about it. I'd probably pick this over getting Hack'd by Geeks if such a choice was presented.

Its not supposed to be nr1 set. If so then its Granite which sold the most of all sets. It is also not my goal to make nr1 set. I want a good looking set and an unique one. Its 52 votes to go to reach 500 votes :)

What is nr1?

I dont know. I thnk its very subjective thing.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 03:55:03 »

Show Image

^-^  base kit + ISO kit, it would be like this...  cool~~ (i am not a ISO layout player, but i will order this ISO kit)
Show Image

HHKB layout need 1.5x Command(in Mac kit) on OSX
and need 1.5x Win(1.5u novelty keys) on Windows

Perfect!!!

I am sorry but i must keep it basic. The iso kit is going to be already expensive.

The other keys you mentioned are already there. See novelty and mac kit.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 04:00:26 »

Ex. 3u row3 spacebar.

I wasn't sure how it worked. I just remember in the Retro SA gb that just finished, a 3u row 3 convex blank was an option for a Filco MiniLa.

It looks like you have all the rest of the keys needed for a MiniLa board.

Hope for you what this is possible. Anyway check the SP store while GB is running. The new rules does not allow blank child deals (spacebars too), because it will be offered in the store as standard. Ofcourse in colors of the set.

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:36:53 »
Put me down for a set
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline micr0n

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:50:52 »
In for a set if this gets materialized.  Gray and orange is my favorite color combination set.

Offline flamf

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:37:22 »
This looks interesting, great colours and font, I'm on the potential buyers list. But I'm also non-appreciative of the novelties. Molecules containing carbon are numerous, and would give it more flavour in line with the theme. Buckminster-Fullerene, diamond, graphite, to name a few cardinal pure carbon allotropes (molecules). Even something like a rendition of CO2-molecule would be much more appropriate IMO. Or a part of the molecular structure of the plastic polymer used, a section of ABS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotropes_of_carbon
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:39:41 by flamf »

Offline flamf

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:38:14 »
Also, I would suggest a set of 'chemical process' alternative modifier, for example, oxidize/oxi, condensate/cond, polymerize/poly etc.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:52:07 »
Also, I would suggest a set of 'chemical process' alternative modifier, for example, oxidize/oxi, condensate/cond, polymerize/poly etc.

I like that idea

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 14:02:46 »
This looks interesting, great colours and font, I'm on the potential buyers list. But I'm also non-appreciative of the novelties. Molecules containing carbon are numerous, and would give it more flavour in line with the theme. Buckminster-Fullerene, diamond, graphite, to name a few cardinal pure carbon allotropes (molecules). Even something like a rendition of CO2-molecule would be much more appropriate IMO. Or a part of the molecular structure of the plastic polymer used, a section of ABS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allotropes_of_carbon

Its not what i am against all of your suggestions but there are some limitations what can be molded for such small surface like a keycap. I had before a diamond keycap and i took it away because it had to many sharp edges. I reworked it and it does not look that appealing with rounded edges. I can draw what ever i want but making the molds is the real limitation here.

Anyway all the other carbon structures repeat the same honeycomb structure there are some differences and those you can see only in 3d model. So a 3d model will just not fit what well on circa 12mm x 12mm surface. And now imagine how to make such small molds with cnc machine. For example i must look that the space between two lines is not less than 0.5mm.

What i can imagine is to make abs molecules as modifiers. And saying that i do not promise as they must fit the 1.25u keycap and they must fullfill the criterias to be moldable.

Also you mentioned the font. Its not the font that the reallife set will get. It will be Gorton Modified as used by the previous sets from SP. Keep in mind every new mold costs at least 75$. And these costs will be included in the price. As a very good example look at Modern Selectric. Every modifier is requiring new mold. And this is the reason why the mods of Modern Selectric are that expensive. Because of this Carbon will reuse exisitng molds to keep the costs low. Only Novelty Kit will require new molds. Now imagine that the prices will be like if i consider to make these fonts in sketches.

Conclusion: the sketches must be simple and minimalistic because of the physical limits. Its a god damn double shot keyset.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2015, 14:30:22 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 19:48:46 »
In for a set if this gets materialized.  Gray and orange is my favorite color combination set.

YES, that colour-scheme closely resembles "GEEKHACK", so there's no excuses for any hardcore Geekhacker to jump onto this, when it starts at PMK central  :thumb: .

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 14:49:11 »
This set looks better every time I look at it, amazing design job, T0mb3ry!

I can't wait for this to be ready to order. This will go on my GON with black aluminium case and plate, orange switch stickers and white LED's:

103258-0

:D
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 15:00:48 by Oobly »
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 15:11:49 »

I can't wait for this to be ready to order. This will go on my GON with black aluminium case and plate, orange switch stickers and white LED's:

(Attachment Link)

Thank you very much for the compliments :) I am currently working on novelties and this will be so in the future i am not quite happy with them. Thinkin about to add full replacement for numbers or functional keys like on deep space the planetary pack.

Twelve signs from this table. I got six already in the novelties. Other three are ready (chemical weapon, lazer hazard, oxidation).

Will get the warning, high voltage too.

How do you find the "Butt Kicker". I can throw it away.

Wait is it this 400$ custom keyboard from korea? Damn hot bord!
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:11:20 by T0mb3ry »

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 15:21:40 »

(Attachment Link)

Thank you very much for the compliments :) I am currently working on novelties and this will be so in the future i am not quite happy with them. Thinkin about to add full replacement for numbers or functional keys like on deep space the planetary pack.

Twelve signs from this table. I got six already in the novelties. Other three are ready (chemical weapon, lazer hazard, oxidation).
Show Image

TBH, I found the butt kicker really strange. No problem with letting it go.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 15:51:10 »

(Attachment Link)

Show Image

TBH, I found the butt kicker really strange. No problem with letting it go.

The butt kicker was just idea because people make pics of keyboards with shoes :) Nevermind i will throw it out of novelties.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 17:09:22 »
There is an update for novelties on the first page.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 18:29:59 »
Why give the warning signs in R1 and R3 when the set profile is 112344? Most people aren't going to want novelties on the home row, but are more likely to do so on the function row or numrow. I believe that you would need to cut separate legends to for R1 and R3 keys, if so that set is going to get very expensive (I believe 24 new legends for that group, plus graphene and carbon novelties). I would suggest keeping it to just R1 keys. How about giving us both colours of graphene return/enter, seeing as we're given both colours of return in the base kit?

Have you considered adding orange F1-F4 and F9-F12 into orange alphas or flex kit?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 12:40:06 »
Why give the warning signs in R1 and R3 when the set profile is 112344? Most people aren't going to want novelties on the home row, but are more likely to do so on the function row or numrow. I believe that you would need to cut separate legends to for R1 and R3 keys, if so that set is going to get very expensive (I believe 24 new legends for that group, plus graphene and carbon novelties). I would suggest keeping it to just R1 keys. How about giving us both colours of graphene return/enter, seeing as we're given both colours of return in the base kit?

Have you considered adding orange F1-F4 and F9-F12 into orange alphas or flex kit?

With row 3 warning signs i was thinking of ergodox and other custom keyboard users. Anyway i will remove row3 and add gray on orange return graphene as you suggested. Also the F rows for flex kit will be added too.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:04:53 »
Update. See first page.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:06:54 »
Lookin' good :cool:

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:18:08 »
Lookin' good :cool:

Ich gebe mein Bestes  ;)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 14:40:58 »

With row 3 warning signs i was thinking of ergodox and other custom keyboard users. Anyway i will remove row3 and add gray on orange return graphene as you suggested. Also the F rows for flex kit will be added too.

Okay, that makes more sense. In that case, I would say it's worth double checking with SP as to whether it really is an extra cost for the same legend on both R1 and R3, as I'm not 100% sure on that point.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 15:04:58 »

Okay, that makes more sense. In that case, I would say it's worth double checking with SP as to whether it really is an extra cost for the same legend on both R1 and R3, as I'm not 100% sure on that point.

Its ok. Maybe i will add it in the second run if there will be the oppotunity for it. I must first look how Carbon will progress and there is also another project i want to work out.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 12 June 2015, 22:03:39 »
Set will be in all semi-matte like retro SA, correct?

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 00:47:19 »
I like the colorway and the row profiles.
However, the arrow keys in R3 makes no sense to me. They should be R4 to match the profile of the other keys.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 02:48:18 »
However, the arrow keys in R3 makes no sense to me. They should be R4 to match the profile of the other keys.

Will change it to row 4 as planck atomics and ergodox can use them in row 4 too.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 02:50:27 »

From the look i prefer matte but i want make them glossy, so the keycaps will be immune to shining. If the material were pbt then ofcourse i would say matte. But this is ABS and it will going to shine. I dont think you will appreciate the shining after some months of usage.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 02:55:16 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:00:29 »

Will change it to row 4 as planck atomics and ergodox can use them in row 4 too.
Updated.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:18:08 »
Some of the R3 novelties should also be R1, if they're intended for the top two rows.

As much as I would love a R1 lambda, I can understand why you'd want to leave that R3 so it can be a replacement L key  ;)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:20:28 »

From the look i prefer matte but i want make them glossy, so the keycaps will be immune to shining. If the material were pbt then ofcourse i would say matte. But this is ABS and it will going to shine. I dont think you will appreciate the shining after some months of usage.

Here's my position on the subject: I would rather have all the keys start out looking the same and develop shine ("character") from usage than have some of the keys in one finish and some of the keys in another. If SP has all of the keys available in the glossy finish, that's fine with me. But I wouldn't want most of the keys to be glossy and have a few matte ones that stand out as being different from the rest.

Some of the R3 novelties should also be R1, if they're intended for the top two rows.

As much as I would love a R1 lambda, I can understand why you'd want to leave that R3 so it can be a replacement L key  ;)

Yes, geekhack and /r/MK keys should be R1. I'm not sure what the 1u carbon keyset keys are meant to be for, but the row for them should be examined as well. Might be nice to have them as 'C' replacement keys, or as esc keys (R4 or R1) instead of the R3 they are now. Making them R4 also lets them be used for bottom row 1x mods if someone needs some extras (I'm thinking of 40% boards here, not sure how much those particular keys will help).
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:24:40 by user 18 »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:43:09 »

Here's my position on the subject: I would rather have all the keys start out looking the same and develop shine ("character") from usage than have some of the keys in one finish and some of the keys in another. If SP has all of the keys available in the glossy finish, that's fine with me. But I wouldn't want most of the keys to be glossy and have a few matte ones that stand out as being different from the rest.

Yes, geekhack and /r/MK keys should be R1. I'm not sure what the 1u carbon keyset keys are meant to be for, but the row for them should be examined as well. Might be nice to have them as 'C' replacement keys, or as esc keys (R4 or R1) instead of the R3 they are now. Making them R4 also lets them be used for bottom row 1x mods if someone needs some extras (I'm thinking of 40% boards here, not sure how much those particular keys will help).

The thing is i am trying to design novelties so, that you can combine them with other sets. I am thinking of versatility.

The big problem here is the communication between me and SP. They need like weeks to answer my questions. But i do not blame them for this as they got a lot of stuff to do now. You know new shop system. And now i got this dilema as i dont know what is possible at all. I dont know if they can produce all keys glossy or do they need to make for every row new mold for the same sign. The best thing they can do in the future is to make a FAQ or Wiki for Designers. I dont even know if the novelties are moldable. I send already SVG files to Melissa last week and i am currently waiting for reply.

In case they cant do every key glossy then the whole set will going to be matte. Its a no brainer.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 09:45:46 »

I need more info about molding requirements from SP. I dont know if the row 1 lambda will require new mold. If not lambda will be available in row 1 and 3.

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #86 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 10:13:25 »
The thing is i am trying to design novelties so, that you can combine them with other sets. I am thinking of versatility.

That's an admirable goal, but I doubt many people will stick an R3 novelty next to an R1 key, so they won't really be used on the function or number row.

The big problem here is the communication between me and SP. They need like weeks to answer my questions. But i do not blame them for this as they got a lot of stuff to do now. You know new shop system. And now i got this dilema as i dont know what is possible at all. I dont know if they can produce all keys glossy or do they need to make for every row new mold for the same sign. The best thing they can do in the future is to make a FAQ or Wiki for Designers. I dont even know if the novelties are moldable. I send already SVG files to Melissa last week and i am currently waiting for reply.

In case they cant do every key glossy then the whole set will going to be matte. Its a no brainer.

Semi-matte (what was used for Hack'd by Geeks, SA Retro, and others) is fairly glossy. I don't know why you'd want it even glossier than that, even if SP can do them all in "Gloss" finish, which is highly unlikely.

FWIW this datasheet is not definitive: http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf

SP really does have 1.25 R4 molds in semi-matte, which is why semi-matte was used for SA Retro.
(You probably should read the whole SA Retro group buy thread, you might learn a lot about what is possible and what people want in an SA keycap set).

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 11:18:07 »

That's an admirable goal, but I doubt many people will stick an R3 novelty next to an R1 key, so they won't really be used on the function or number row.

Semi-matte (what was used for Hack'd by Geeks, SA Retro, and others) is fairly glossy. I don't know why you'd want it even glossier than that, even if SP can do them all in "Gloss" finish, which is highly unlikely.

FWIW this datasheet is not definitive: http://www.keycapsdirect.com/pdfs/SAFamily.pdf

SP really does have 1.25 R4 molds in semi-matte, which is why semi-matte was used for SA Retro.
(You probably should read the whole SA Retro group buy thread, you might learn a lot about what is possible and what people want in an SA keycap set).

Thx for the pdf file i will study it and decide which surface carbon will get. Anyway i wrote in my replies before why i would like to make it glossy. But i repeat it again. Its not because of look, its because matte and semi matte will be shining after some usage and it will look unconsistent as you type on some keys more then on others. Glossy shine already and by doing so they keep their look as they are new. 

Looking right now on the SA Profiles pdf and i am quite angry because there is no way to make one surface for all keys. Just for example if i choose Semi-Matte the row4 1.25u keys will be Matte and they are going to be Matte as this is the only option. It looks like SP tools are random and incomplete. I know that the key molds are very expensive butt just saying.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 June 2015, 11:30:01 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 11:32:47 »
:rolleyes: I just said

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 11:40:25 »

Haha i read that but i forgot it as i was bussy with checking the availability of the keys. And in this case its obviously that Carbon must be made in semi matte.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 11:42:37 »

Haha i read that but i forgot it as i was bussy with checking the availability of the keys. And in this case its obviously that Carbon must be made in semi matte.

If you want it made in glossy, it is worth contacting SP with a list of sizes and row profiles and asking if they have them in glossy, as you know that their data sheets are not definitive. I would only bother doing so once kits have been relatively finalized though.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 13 June 2015, 12:10:42 »

If you want it made in glossy, it is worth contacting SP with a list of sizes and row profiles and asking if they have them in glossy, as you know that their data sheets are not definitive. I would only bother doing so once kits have been relatively finalized though.

Send an email to SP this will take some time :/

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #92 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 15:27:33 »

I believe semi-matte is their most "complete" finish (they have the most molds in semi-matte), with matte being next (no 1.75x Row3, etc) and gloss last (lots of key sizes missing). So semi-matte is the one to go for. The only "missing" molds for semi-matte are the Row4 Shift keys.

Looking great :)

About the novelties, I think the lambda (half-life) key should remain Row 3, but perhaps the top row carbon, GeekHack and MK ones should be Row 1 to match the base set?

Thank you for listening to us and taking our thoughts into consideration. Just keep in mind you can't please ALL the people, so please remember to make the set the way you really want if there's a request that doesn't match. The poeple posting here are just a small sample of those who'll buy the caps.

I for one am very happy with the way it is right now and will DEFINITELY be buying this set when it's available.

Semi-matte SA caps shine up pretty quickly, but IMHO they look amazing when they do:

Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #93 on: Sun, 14 June 2015, 16:01:33 »

I believe semi-matte is their most "complete" finish (they have the most molds in semi-matte), with matte being next (no 1.75x Row3, etc) and gloss last (lots of key sizes missing). So semi-matte is the one to go for. The only "missing" molds for semi-matte are the Row4 Shift keys.

Looking great :)

About the novelties, I think the lambda (half-life) key should remain Row 3, but perhaps the top row carbon, GeekHack and MK ones should be Row 1 to match the base set?

Thank you for listening to us and taking our thoughts into consideration. Just keep in mind you can't please ALL the people, so please remember to make the set the way you really want if there's a request that doesn't match. The poeple posting here are just a small sample of those who'll buy the caps.

I for one am very happy with the way it is right now and will DEFINITELY be buying this set when it's available.

Semi-matte SA caps shine up pretty quickly, but IMHO they look amazing when they do:

Show Image

Yeah thats sad i can not make them shiny from the start. I think to remove row 3 Carbon logo novelties. The rmk and geekhack will go for row1.

Yeah i am here to gather your opinions and suggestions. Sadly i can not make every suggestion as there are some limitations. You know molding and so on. Also it must be affordable. The novelties will be expensive as you can see but i think they will be worth that money.

By the way you own my dream set Penumbra i am waiting for the second drop. Its my most desired set so far.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 14:55:51 »
Got today the updated list from Melissa. For Matte: spacebars and shift keys are missing (some other keys too), so Carbon is going to be semi-matte.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 02:55:41 »
Looks great!
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 03:40:45 »
Got today the updated list from Melissa. For Matte: spacebars and shift keys are missing (some other keys too), so Carbon is going to be semi-matte.

Everything is getting ready for some dangerously delicious Orange Splooge  :thumb: .

Just make sure it happens soon because this set shall be used in conjunction with some Hack'd by Geeks sets.  Knew this group buy would come in handy like......

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 10:35:38 »
I discovered that its possible to make led windowed keys.
Here is one example:

I consider making all the toggleable keys to feature this led window. I see last time a lot keyboards using led for keys like caps lock.

What do you think of i? I like it as i want some day buy an kul es87 keyboard.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 11:53:23 »
Nevermind bad idea these are printed keycaps. But i consider to add them to the base kit as additional blank keys. One caps and scroll. Also one num for numpad.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 15:09:49 »
Nevermind bad idea these are printed keycaps. But i consider to add them to the base kit as additional blank keys. One caps and scroll. Also one num for numpad.

If they increase the cost, I'd rather leave them out. I don't see much value in them as if they're blank they don't match the rest of the set. If it's a matter of only a dollar or two, then maybe keep them in for those who really want them, though. None of my boards have the lock LED's in the switch anyway.
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.