Author Topic: [GB] MC-76K "Fat Boy" - A compact keyboard for the modders among us. [Closed]  (Read 55189 times)

Offline mustcode

Re: [GB] MC-76K "Fat Boy" - A compact keyboard for the modders among us.
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 08:29:13 »
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/614388261?fbclid=IwAR0IBA9Bhafey-OtXF03yorWsVc9lAS6ySFFqY0Wx677UYhSpBkCv2Rxtnk

Huge thanks to Top Clack again for the coverage! I can't thank you guys enough for spreading the words way back when I just started the IC and now again on the GB :D

Oh, one thing that I think I really need to correct... I'm not the owner of Proji Keeb Look, the YouTube channel that did the typing test. The owner (Mr. Pro) is a good friend of mine, and a prominent member of the Thai Mech community. When the prototype was built, I didn't have all the recording gears to do a good typing video, so helped me with all those typing videos  :)

My keyboard collection, while it's enough for the wife to constantly complain about it, is no where near Mr. Pro collection :p

Offline Softkore

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 12:35:48 »
Top Clack really seemed to love the board! The one thing I gotta disagree about - I definitely intend for this to be my daily driver haha.

Offline mustcode

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 15:19:20 »
Top Clack really seemed to love the board! The one thing I gotta disagree about - I definitely intend for this to be my daily driver haha.
Haha, agreed, I'm definitely planning to daily drive the hell out of mine. In fact, I've been daily driving the prototype for a while now :thumb:

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 16:48:52 »
Since MOQ was met, are we getting invoices soon?
I'm really glad this GB is happening.

Offline Softkore

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 16:49:52 »
Very sick shot of the prototype there... If the production units are as clean as the proto's base looks in photos then I'll be more than happy. That chamfered front edge is so amazing

Offline mustcode

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 10 May 2020, 16:52:47 »
Since MOQ was met, are we getting invoices soon?
I'm really glad this GB is happening.
Yes, I'm planning to start invoicing this week. The invoice will due next month at the end of the GB :thumb:

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 06:19:25 »
aaaand joined :D

Offline mustcode

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 16:25:37 »
Some invoices have been sent out, I will continue to sent out more invoices through out the week. Also, I made a spreadsheet of the order status, you guys can see it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nhCivzmeaHlIKTPpzk6lYt_TLM5uaPaDWQbu7jDKEMw/edit?usp=sharing
 :thumb:

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 21:29:30 »
Any chance to see an all black render with some WoB SA caps?

Offline mustcode

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 21:55:23 »
I am planning to do an all black render, since a few people have asked about that. Give me a couple of days to sort out the render. I'll also look into SA caps to see if I can find the 3d models for them  :thumb:

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 22:02:43 »
I am planning to do an all black render, since a few people have asked about that. Give me a couple of days to sort out the render. I'll also look into SA caps to see if I can find the 3d models for them  :thumb:

Dude, awesome! I am thinking of replicating a dope ass typewriter setup...

Offline jjj404001

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 03:05:23 »
I got invoice from you, but i cant pay for it right now. When is it due?I can pay it like 5/21~25.

Annnd, I can see pen rail?tray?slot? whatever, some kind of rail above the F-row in the render, but I cant see that in prototype,
top cover is CNCed so I think it will be there, but I just wanna make it sure. Are they still there?

Offline mustcode

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 03:07:39 »
I got invoice from you, but i cant pay for it right now. When is it due?I can pay it like 5/21~25.

Annnd, I can see pen rail?tray?slot? whatever, some kind of rail above the F-row in the render, but I cant see that in prototype,
top cover is CNCed so I think it will be there, but I just wanna make it sure. Are they still there?
The invoice is due at the end of GB on the 2nd of June, so no hurry, and yes the CNDed top will include the pen rail as seen in the render.  ;)

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #63 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 05:37:44 »
oh snap payment due on the 2nd. I get paid the first! I'll probably get in late on the gb!

Offline mustcode

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 12:26:43 »
All caught up on invoices for current orders! If I sent you invoices with incorrect information, please let me know and I'll sort it out  :thumb:

Offline mustcode

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 09:44:04 »
Finally did some renders for the black version, enjoy!

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 14:25:30 »
Oh man, that black has me tempted now. How close are you to the cut off?

Offline mustcode

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 14:41:48 »
Oh man, that black has me tempted now. How close are you to the cut off?
We're about halfway till I start thinking about making a cut-off, 25-ish orders last I checked  ;D

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

« Reply #68 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 14:52:06 »
I am having a little bit of a hard time visualizing the top cover. Will the top cover be flush with the sides or will there be some overhang? In the prototype it looks like a top cover wouldn't be flush with anything once you put it over.

Offline mustcode

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 15:16:18 »
I am having a little bit of a hard time visualizing the top cover. Will the top cover be flush with the sides or will there be some overhang? In the prototype it looks like a top cover wouldn't be flush with anything once you put it over.
It should be flushed, no over hangs like the renders  :thumb:

Offline Softkore

« Reply #70 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 11:17:24 »
I've already started looking in to what sorts of wacky connectors I could use with the controller. Someone suggested these Weipu waterproof connectors with a chassis mount but I'm not sold on the aesthetic. Anyone else have some interesting ideas?

Offline mustcode

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 18 May 2020, 22:31:18 »
I've already started looking in to what sorts of wacky connectors I could use with the controller. Someone suggested these Weipu waterproof connectors with a chassis mount but I'm not sold on the aesthetic. Anyone else have some interesting ideas?
I'm definitely planning on using a Lemo or a Neutrik on mine in the future, but these Weipu looks interesting!

Offline darkcl

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 05:30:59 »
I think i can fit a raspberry-pi in it and make it a computer
Nice board :thumb:

Offline mustcode

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 05:36:01 »
Yes, last I checked, a raspberry pi zero fits  :thumb:

Offline darkcl

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 08:40:44 »
Yes, last I checked, a raspberry pi zero fits  :thumb:
I am sold (hit submit form)  ^-^

Offline Axariel

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:30:55 »
Made an account just to let you know I joined the GB and am happy to support this project.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 20:33:38 by Axariel »

Offline mustcode

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 01:05:47 »
Made an account just to let you know I joined the GB and am happy to support this project.
Thank you! I really appreciate it. :D
We've now passed 30 orders! I'm super stoked, thank you all!

Offline cdaman

« Reply #77 on: Tue, 26 May 2020, 09:28:11 »

I have got a chance to live with this keyboard for about 2 weeks. Mustcode is kind enough to lend it to me for short period of time. So I take sometime to film a short video, documenting the whole keyboard in person.  I'm sorry for my Thai'ish broken English but I hope that you get what I was trying to say, ahah.  Really enjoying this keyboard!

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:10:41 »
woo! signed up!

Offline mchanneh

• trying to reset terrible typing habits!
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 18:12:23 »
woo! signed up!

Wahey can't wait too!
Kailh Box Royals | Cherry Reds | Knockoff Blues

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 06:50:19 »
I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to do with this board. definitely going to get a carbon fiber top piece. Looking at the renders with the pen rail on it seems like a really cool idea.

Offline mustcode

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 12:27:53 »
Change to one of my favorite sets today. Looks great on silver in my humble opinion  ;D
I also just gave the factory a heads up that I'll be submitting order early next month just to make sure they're expecting us. :thumb:

Oh and GB ends on Tuesday! Now is the time to join if don't want to miss the train  :cool:

243918-0

Offline mustcode

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 06:54:38 »
One final bump for the last day to join the GB!

Thanks everyone for all the support so far, I haven't been this excited about keyboards for a long time. I'll make sure to put everything I got into making this a successful GB  :D

After the GB closes, I'll place the order as soon as all the invoices are paid so that I can confirm the final count. Anyone that have trouble paying the invoice by the deadline please let me know and I'll see what I can do  :)

Offline mustcode

Group buy is now closed! I will be waiting a little longer for invoices to be paid (or canceled) and I'll give the final count for the order to the factory within a day or two. :thumb:
Cheers!

Offline mustcode

Hello again! I notified the factory that I'll finalized the details of the order and submit the order on Monday, so I'll be cancelling all unpaid invoices within the next 24 hours. So, if anyone still wants to keep their order, but need a bit more time to pay the invoice, please contact me asap or your order will be cancelled. :)

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
much excite!!

Def can't wait for this board to come to fruition :D

Offline Robosculpts

Hey Mustcode, quick question about the git hub files. I'm wanting to get in on Jae's carbon fiber GB and wanted to get the top cover, back piece where the cable comes out, and the plate done in carbon fiber. Do i download the pdf or the dxf files? I have never done this before so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Offline mustcode

Hey Mustcode, quick question about the git hub files. I'm wanting to get in on Jae's carbon fiber GB and wanted to get the top cover, back piece where the cable comes out, and the plate done in carbon fiber. Do i download the pdf or the dxf files? I have never done this before so any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Hi! .dxf are the 2D cad files for laser cutting, so yes, you want to modify the .dxf files to make your own covers. The pdf are just for reference in case the machine shop asked for it  :thumb:

Offline Robosculpts

Hi! .dxf are the 2D cad files for laser cutting, so yes, you want to modify the .dxf files to make your own covers. The pdf are just for reference in case the machine shop asked for it  :thumb:

Thanks for the help

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

I know I will regret not getting in on this.

Offline mustcode

I've submitted the order to the machine shop and they are going to give me the final price for the order soon.
In the mean time, I've setup a discord server as suggested by a few of you. So if you're a discord users, here the invite: https://discord.gg/ZHzfCva  :thumb:

Offline mustcode

Orders for the case is accepted by the factory and the price is as expected, so we're all good to start production!
I will add the funds to my credit card and put down the deposit tomorrow :thumb:

Offline r4bbl3d4bbl3

I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Offline mustcode

Deposit is paid to the factory. They should be able to start production soon after the payment is cleared for them.

I have also asked to see some pictures of the first unit made to verify that all the parts fit together correctly. I'll share the pictures once I got them :)

Offline mchanneh

• trying to reset terrible typing habits!
Thanks a lot for these prompt updates mustcode.

The discord invite has expired for me, would it be possible to have this resent?
Kailh Box Royals | Cherry Reds | Knockoff Blues

Offline mustcode

Thanks a lot for these prompt updates mustcode.

The discord invite has expired for me, would it be possible to have this resent?
Oh, I thought I set it to never expire, sorry about that, must be bugs when I use mobile and desktop discord at the same time.
I've set it never expire, please try again https://discord.gg/ZHzfCva

Offline WhitePlate

• First Grader of Nobody
Thanks for the updates. :D  Cant Wait

Offline mustcode

The factory sent some pictures of some of the simpler pieces. So far so good. Hoping to see some pics of the case soon :thumb:
The black plastic piece is the holder for the controller PCB, in case you're wondering  :)

Offline WiLOUCHE

Oh my god. I want this. Is it too late to enter? Hahahah  :D