Author Topic: M-64 (updated 16APR2014)  (Read 27607 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: M-64 (updated 16APR2014)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 15:01:34 »
No, I just took a look at it though. Only 12.8 lbs?? I thought it was supposed to be 30? :(

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 18 April 2014, 16:34:43 »
No, I just took a look at it though. Only 12.8 lbs?? I thought it was supposed to be 30? :(

I should be able to make up some of that but not sure how much.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
Re: Brushed Behemoth (updated 04OCT2013)
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 16:35:58 »

I still think you're crazy for not wanting to have proper modifiers on your keyboard :P.

yup. me too. i use mods all the damn day all the damn time. 

i lust after a board even that heavy. that is awesome.

MELVANG this is friggin cool as hell. i really like what you are doing with the case.  however, what angle do you expect to have the keys at once it is put together. my worry is that the slope might cause you pain if it is too strong.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
Re: Brushed Behemoth (updated 04OCT2013)
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 19 April 2014, 18:40:16 »
I still think you're crazy for not wanting to have proper modifiers on your keyboard :P.

yup. me too. i use mods all the damn day all the damn time. 

i lust after a board even that heavy. that is awesome.

MELVANG this is friggin cool as hell. i really like what you are doing with the case.  however, what angle do you expect to have the keys at once it is put together. my worry is that the slope might cause you pain if it is too strong.

I am still going to have mods.  They are just going to be set up in dual role on some other keys.

I understand the worry about the angle and the height.  The front face is 3/4" tall and the angle at the plate is only 8° which is fairly close to my das with the legs extended.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline agodinhost

• Soylent green is people ...
    • Dr Ian O Xaman
Re: Brushed Beauty
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 15 May 2014, 08:46:25 »
I don't know why I didn't think about layering SS pieces for the switch plate.. *facepalm
The same here.
awesome idea!
Building one square I2C keyboard with those 1200 switches (thanks JDCarpe)
GH60 |GH60-Alps |GH60-BT |GHPad/GHPad Alps |GH60-Case |Alps TKL |EL Wire |OS Controller, Round 2 |My Custom Keyboard |WTT/WTB

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:00:22 »
Right. I should have noticed that. Is a PCI slot big enough for the centronics connector? I don't think I've ever seen them on a pc, I'm used to seeing them on the printer instead.
yep, believe it or not some people used to put them on HBAs. right next to freaking dip switches. god i hated the scsi chain unique id system.

What is an hba?  Also can anyone confirm if a centronics connector will fit onto a pci slot?  If I have to take the wire clips off to install that is not a problem.

If it won't fit I think what I can do is remove the two bottom pci covers and then remove the strip between them and make one cover to cover the entire gap.  This would be where I can install it here.

Host bus adapter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_adapter
All hail Hall Effect keyboards!
I'm a QFR Blues noob.
WASD keycaps are terrible.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 00:35:43 »
Right. I should have noticed that. Is a PCI slot big enough for the centronics connector? I don't think I've ever seen them on a pc, I'm used to seeing them on the printer instead.
yep, believe it or not some people used to put them on HBAs. right next to freaking dip switches. god i hated the scsi chain unique id system.

What is an hba?  Also can anyone confirm if a centronics connector will fit onto a pci slot?  If I have to take the wire clips off to install that is not a problem.

If it won't fit I think what I can do is remove the two bottom pci covers and then remove the strip between them and make one cover to cover the entire gap.  This would be where I can install it here.

Host bus adapter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Host_adapter

Excellent thanks for the info.