geekhack Projects > Making Stuff Together!

Wearable Wireless Split Keyboard Glove with integrated Trackball (BLE 5, USB-C)

<< < (4/4)

equalunique:
Today while researching the new NK_ Sherbet switches, I found this unrelated project, and it appears to be close to this one.

Link: http://www.billiam.org/2019/05/29/sherbet-an-ergonomic-keypad

That must mean there is demand for this type of keyboard!

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk

serapath:
Thanks a lot for sharing the link to that project.
I definitely can see some similarities on the surface, but I think the amount of keys the `Sherbet` is just 24 per "hand" and it has a joystick instead of a keyboard - that's already a significant difference, but the **main difference is their goal**

The entire **goal** of the project I have in mind is, that it does not need a surface but it is wearable.
So the entire design and everything can change if that supports that goal better than the current idea.
I have never seen a qwerty keyboard with some kind of mouse functionality (e.g. trackballl) which would get rid of the need for a surface.

Btw. I'm actively looking for people who are interested and have time to help me and I think I can even pay - so if anyone reading this is interested or knows somebody, please reach out :-)

gdexlab:
Any updates from the last year and a half on this wearable wireless split keyboard glove with integrated trackball? I'm interested and may have time to help, but I'm sure a lot has changed since this thread was started.

serapath:
yes, there are updates.

here is a first 3D sketch - its still rough, but i williterated more on it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ErgoMechKeyboards/comments/pt9s7a/gofree_wireless_spilt_keyboard_with_trackball_3d

now my goal is to use the tiniest switches i can find.
maybe thats kailh choc v2 low profile switches and caps?
those would go into kailh hotswap sockets.

those would go onto amoeba single pcbs which snap directly into the 3D case.

i hope i can order them with all parts soldered onto them already, including the hot swap sockets and some pins on the bqckside for wiring up.

i wish its possible to design a flexcable pcb with pin connecgors on ifs end.

that way without soldering, you would just stick the flexcable pcb into the pins of all the amoeba single pcba and done.

...of course it still needs a trackball sensor
...and a microcontroller with bluetooth and usb-c for charging a battery.

...but yeah, lets see. one step at a time

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version