Author Topic: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys shipped)  (Read 318058 times)

Offline idealape

Does anyone know how things will be handled by CandyKeys in regards to missing keys/replacements? I've ordered keycaps and deskmat together, so I guess I'm going to wait a little longer.
I reached out to CK, he says he'll see what he (David) can do. Do email to support about it and check out discord about future statuschanges.

Update: David just confirmed they will receive replacements, so do email about that if you want any. Maybe add a photo of your current icon mod set as proof you are eligible for replacements.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 August 2021, 16:22:05 by idealape »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
After a month of waiting my Light Alphas came in, they look fantastic! Will be looking forward to your next sets Kema!

I'm happy you like them! Thanks for sharing those great photos of your build on IG ✨

Update: David just confirmed they will receive replacements, so do email about that if you want any. Maybe add a photo of your current icon mod set as proof you are eligible for replacements.

Thanks for sharing this info here idealape 🙏

Offline TheBlackHammer

is there any chance of a r2?

Offline Grandmasternoob

are there any updates for missing mats?
or wait another year  ^-^

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign

It's possible once GMK's backlog gets cleared a bit, I don't want a 1.5 year wait for buyers 😓

Still waiting to hear back on zFrontier/Candykeys deskpad status, but Yushakobo will be receiving theirs within a day or two. Will update this message when I know more 🙏

Edit 8/16: Candykeys mats in transit, zFrontier should have theirs
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 August 2021, 13:10:27 by kema »

Offline TheBlackHammer

It's possible once GMK's backlog gets cleared a bit, I don't want a 1.5 year wait for buyers 😓

Still waiting to hear back on zFrontier/Candykeys deskpad status, but Yushakobo will be receiving theirs within a day or two. Will update this message when I know more 🙏

very fair. yea the queue time is extremely long. really hope the set returns though some time down the line!

Offline Typemaster

• Typemaster
I'm also missing the 1.75u Shift key from my sealed set, bought second hand on r/mechmarket

Offline lovebee.co

i will happily wait for GMK backlog if it means i can get this set in the future. i’m newer to this hobby - when there’s an R2 is there usually another release of desk mats as well? i would commit a crime to own that girl desk mat :-X

Offline Wolff._.

• Machinist
i will happily wait for GMK backlog if it means i can get this set in the future. i’m newer to this hobby - when there’s an R2 is there usually another release of desk mats as well? i would commit a crime to own that girl desk mat :-X

So never...

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Could someone in here check if they have their R4 Caps Lock
and their R2 - (minus) 1u key for 1800 layouts?

I got a set aftermarket and my set is missing those two keys.

Notwithstanding the issues previously mentioned in the thread. The 1.25u Shift is also icon-only instead of icon-text. Is GMK dropping the ball here?

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
Could someone in here check if they have their R4 Caps Lock
and their R2 - (minus) 1u key for 1800 layouts?

I got a set aftermarket and my set is missing those two keys.

Notwithstanding the issues previously mentioned in the thread. The 1.25u Shift is also icon-only instead of icon-text. Is GMK dropping the ball here?

Oh gosh, it looks like they made the R2 – and R3 + into R1 and R2, also noticed it's wrong on the base kit render, however the reference layout I sent GMK has the correct R2/R3. I'll let TKC know and see if people can get replacements for those, so sorry about that. (Edit: have sent the details of this error over)

I can mail you my R4 Caps Lock since I'm not using it, send me a message on discord kema#8888 and I'll send it your way 🙏

For the 1.25u Shift, I was told they couldn't fit both the icon and text so it was defaulted to the icon alone.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 August 2021, 00:37:59 by kema »

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
Hi,

I just got the set aftermarket. Is there a missing R1 Pipe key?

I messaged the seller/trader and they found it!
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 August 2021, 18:16:10 by cogitoergofemme »
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline arcxs

Re: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys in production, contact your vendor)
« Reply #312 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 07:16:24 »
Will there ever be a R2 on the deskpads?

Offline idealape

« Reply #313 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 08:09:09 »
Will there ever be a R2 on the deskpads?
Man you are out of luck, some extras sold yesterday in EU. Was able to cop both pads.
R2... dunno, probably when the keyset is going te be run again. Designer confirmed in this thread he wants to wait until the long GMK queues are over... so that may take a while. Although the deskpad was crazy popular and could be run seperatly from the keyset I guess.

Sent from my J9210 using Tapatalk

Offline kabocha

« Reply #314 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 20:26:25 »
I received the icon fix kit (no 1.75u shift key) in the mail today, but I didnt see any prior messaging from TKC that this was going out.

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 23 October 2021, 00:14:14 »
R2 PLZ

Offline Havattack

« Reply #316 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 13:13:30 »
Why thank mito? Becasue he didn't actively try to block this set? What a garbage human.

Offline idealape

« Reply #317 on: Sun, 24 October 2021, 14:17:18 »
Why thank mito? Becasue he didn't actively try to block this set? What a garbage human.
What?

Sent from my J9210 using Tapatalk

Offline Rik.caffeinated

Re: [GB] GMK Future Funk ✨(replacement keys shipped)
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 10:10:45 »
Anyone like myself move after receiving the original shipment and not receive the fix kit?

Offline idealape

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 10:44:27 »
Anyone like myself move after receiving the original shipment and not receive the fix kit?
No, not yet(EU=candykeys). TKC(usa) is the main vendor, so they send out to their customers and to other vendors. Check your local vendor/proxy if they recieved them yet.

Offline mamiro

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 10:01:51 »
Is this the fix kit we are talking about? That's the one I've received from Candy Keys with the main order.

Should I be expecting something more?

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #321 on: Mon, 01 November 2021, 14:27:50 »
Is this the fix kit we are talking about? That's the one I've received from Candy Keys with the main order.

Should I be expecting something more?

Those look right to me 🙏
Anyone missing a 1.75u Shift in the Base Kit should also have received that

Offline Ko6a

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 19:33:37 »
Please give me gmk future funk r2
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 November 2021, 19:35:17 by Ko6a »

Offline L4ll1g470r

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 26 November 2021, 08:01:16 »
Please give me gmk future funk r2
With Norde?  ;D

Offline ephemeral25

« Reply #324 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 08:56:05 »
Noticed the problem just now as I waited a long time for my order with deskmat and just put the set in plastic bag on a shelf for a future build.

Just wanna up this thread as I don't think many vendors reached out to the gb participants to send to fixing kits, at least not mine.

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 December 2021, 09:27:02 by ephemeral25 »

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 04:38:47 »
I still have no news about the replacement keys, and it's been a while. The vendor is not responding either...
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 December 2021, 08:23:03 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #326 on: Wed, 22 December 2021, 16:24:39 »
Noticed the problem just now as I waited a long time for my order with deskmat and just put the set in plastic bag on a shelf for a future build.

Just wanna up this thread as I don't think many vendors reached out to the gb participants to send to fixing kits, at least not mine.

I still have no news about the replacement keys, and it's been a while. The vendor is not responding either...

Which vendor are you guys having trouble with? I can send them a message about this

Offline neilli

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 01:09:54 »
Earlier in the queue always means earlier delivery...
I guess we would wait for more years if we are waiting GMK's to clean up backlog lol

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 03:20:39 »
I guess we would wait for more years if we are waiting GMK's to clean up backlog lol

I don’t think that GMK can handle this, that year they also promised to expand their production lines, but this did not happen, this year we see the same thing, many sets went to 2023, lol

oh, and their new packaging is just awful

Offline Wolff._.

• Machinist
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 10:54:21 »

I don’t think that GMK can handle this, that year they also promised to expand their production lines, but this did not happen, this year we see the same thing, many sets went to 2023, lol

oh, and their new packaging is just awful

Gmk actually responded with a statement. Im not linking the statement here but just search "the evolution of gmk" on google and you'll find it.

Their expansion was set for early 2021, but was delayed because of german lockdown and shouls be finnished by now. Im not sure if they has started accepting more sets, but they are making up the backlog now. (Some sets that ran after others might get ahead of this reason)

Edit: its 12weeks since the latest news. As seen on their instargram. Even though they are a mostly secret company they do share a little, i am worried though with the next wave of corona here in EU.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 December 2021, 18:07:06 by Wolff._. »

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #330 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 15:58:10 »
No luck here on getting my 1.75u shift from TKC so far unfortunately, have been reaching out since July.

Offline arcxs

« Reply #331 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 11:57:59 »
Will there be a R2?

Offline Wolff._.

• Machinist
« Reply #332 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 15:14:51 »
Kema responded higherup ._.

"It's possible once GMK's backlog gets cleared a bit, I don't want a 1.5 year wait for buyers 😓"

Offline mayne069

• Formerly KeebyKevin
  • mayne rhymes with pain
    • Instagram
« Reply #333 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 17:28:00 »
No luck here on getting my 1.75u shift from TKC so far unfortunately, have been reaching out since July.

I also don't have any 1.75u shift. Sadly can't use the set because of the set, was planning to put it on the Sat75.
No respond from TKC either.
MX Blacks > everything else

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #334 on: Thu, 20 January 2022, 01:30:45 »

write to the moderators or creators in the PM of the discord, TKC support is "always on top"

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #335 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 23:58:49 »

write to the moderators or creators in the PM of the discord, TKC support is "always on top"

Yep... I've tried helping others that are also missing the key by referring them to the TKC staff member in charge of the set but it ultimately ends up going to their support team, I can really only recommend trying the support staff again (and again if they don't respond) 😣

Offline Dallagen

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 03:16:10 »
May I ask why neither white alphas or spacebar kit had a 6u ws1 bar? Struggling to find a 6u bar at all for my 7V to go with future funk

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 00:59:17 »
May I ask why neither white alphas or spacebar kit had a 6u ws1 bar? Struggling to find a 6u bar at all for my 7V to go with future funk

I believe it was to keep the spacebar kit compact/lower cost and just provide support for base kit configs which most people will have ordered. Have you tried mechmarket? I'm sure there are people who have WS1 6u spacebars they're not using 🙏

Offline Wolff._.

• Machinist
« Reply #338 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 05:48:23 »

I bought a spacebar kit from oblotzky webshop (EU). GMK dots r2 have it  ;D
Not to advetise don't mind if this get deleted.

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #339 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 10:55:58 »
So, after a very long back and forth I finally got my replacement kit only to find out that I got the wrong replacement kit. Apparently I have other issues with keys that haven't been highlighted yet and there are therefore no replacement kits for. My 1.25u shift is only icon when its supposed to be icon+text and while I also found a another issue regarding the ISO enter it seems to be a render only problem at least since im assuming its supposed to be the same as the ansi one although the render and sales page shows otherwise

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #340 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 11:09:13 »
My 1.25u shift is only icon when its supposed to be icon+text

my 1.25u shift doesn't have text either, but on render icon+text :blank:

Offline ZavaZ86

« Reply #341 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 11:56:29 »
Supposedly every kit got this flaw according to one of the vendors but I do have a hard time trusting that info considering the many issues with them.

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #342 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 15:19:50 »
So, after a very long back and forth I finally got my replacement kit only to find out that I got the wrong replacement kit. Apparently I have other issues with keys that haven't been highlighted yet and there are therefore no replacement kits for. My 1.25u shift is only icon when its supposed to be icon+text and while I also found a another issue regarding the ISO enter it seems to be a render only problem at least since im assuming its supposed to be the same as the ansi one although the render and sales page shows otherwise

Ah ****, I never noticed the 1.25u Shift issue since I'm not an ISO user, but I'll speak with TKC and request GMK to send replacements for those 😑
The enter looks right, the renders didn't have color applied to that legend for some reason.

Edit: Sent a message to TKC and updated the base kit render
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 January 2022, 15:47:44 by kema »

Offline glueckskind

« Reply #343 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 17:05:02 »
Apparently CK only received ICON Mod Fix Kits..

Offline mayne069

• Formerly KeebyKevin
  • mayne rhymes with pain
    • Instagram
« Reply #344 on: Fri, 28 January 2022, 14:56:51 »
Apparently CK only received ICON Mod Fix Kits..

Yep, when I asked him about the missing 1.75u shift he said he never got these as a replacement. Seems pretty weird to me.
MX Blacks > everything else

« Reply #345 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 22:09:09 »
Is it actually possible for GMK's backlog to clear up? There have been 2-3 new GMK sets in GB every week, so I was under the impression that wait times would continue to extend until delivery was expected after the heat death of the universe.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #346 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 22:49:59 »
There used to be 4 a week and most made it, and now there’s less and a significant number don’t make it. It’ll get better, just not this year. If that’s a long time for you, and it’s totally fine for that to be true or not, GMK isn’t the way to go.

« Reply #347 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 11:07:35 »
Personally I'm fine waiting 2 years for GMK caps to ship, but waiting for their backlog to shrink feels like an exercise in frustration.

I do understand why kema wouldn't want to run a r2 with a distant shipping date though. Must be a headache dealing with buyers foaming at the mouth after not receiving their keys in X months.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #348 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 11:37:08 »
I am ready to wait all my life and even at 50 years old, I will wait for FF R50 :)

Offline kema

• Designer
    • kevinmadesign
« Reply #349 on: Tue, 08 February 2022, 14:41:43 »
I really appreciate all the interest in a R2 but I have a couple other keycap projects I'd like to finish first! I do have plans for it at some point but not sure when atm, ultimately I'm just a hobbyist and just doing this stuff for fun, so I hope for some patience 🙏🙏