Author Topic: [GB] LZ CLS ms (Classic 65) : [Completed]  (Read 48428 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] LZ CLS ms (Classic 65) : Extra colors
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 20:57:27 »
Just got shipping notice. Thanks  :thumb:

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 13:48:13 »
I feel like a cottonheaded ninnymuggins for asking... but are you supposed to break away the middle parts of the diffuser?  I'm assuming you do since I see no way to make it fit otherwise, but Ima scared to do eeet.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 14:09:32 »
I feel like a cottonheaded ninnymuggins for asking... but are you supposed to break away the middle parts of the diffuser?  I'm assuming you do since I see no way to make it fit otherwise, but Ima scared to do eeet.

Yeah, they are just for stability during transport

Offline LifeZ

• LifeZone
Re: [GB] LZ CLS ms (Classic 65) : [Complete]
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 17:47:57 »
[Complete]
LZ Limited

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] LZ CLS ms (Classic 65) : [Completed]
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 04 December 2018, 18:03:57 »
Thanks!

208330-0

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 02:42:32 »
Thanks!

(Attachment Link)

Ooooof that shine gray

1 more day til mine gets here

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 15:29:21 »
some of my keys are not registering on my m65a pcb

specifically 3, E, D, C, H, and L

is my pcb bad?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 15:53:32 »

is my pcb bad?

Are you testing via Bootmapper Client directly? Could be they just aren't programmed currently.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:13:12 »

is my pcb bad?

Is it built or unbuilt?  Photos?

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:38:23 »

is my pcb bad?

Is it built or unbuilt?  Photos?

switches are soldered. Is gpl205g0 conductive? i applied in on my band aids under my stabs

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:49:37 »
I would think that would cause switches around the stabilizers to be not working.  These seem further away.  Did you test by shorting with tweezers on the back of those switches?

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:52:40 »
I would think that would cause switches around the stabilizers to be not working.  These seem further away.  Did you test by shorting with tweezers on the back of those switches?

i did. the said keys are not registering with tweezers. strangely, a lot of the other keys, when i smoke test them with tweezers, the key above it also registers at the same time

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:53:24 »

is my pcb bad?

Are you testing via Bootmapper Client directly? Could be they just aren't programmed currently.

they are not registering in bootmapper or switch hitter

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 16:55:28 »

i did. the said keys are not registering with tweezers. strangely, a lot of the other keys, when i smoke test them with tweezers, the key above it also registers at the same time

Yeah, that's a short if they are registering other keys.  Did you test it before building?  I don't know about conductivity of lube.  Maybe there's a glop of solder somewhere?  Can you take photos?

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #114 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 17:04:41 »

I will when I get home from work. Already late trying to troubleshoot lol
Yeah, that's a short if they are registering other keys.  Did you test it before building?  I don't know about conductivity of lube.  Maybe there's a glop of solder somewhere?  Can you take photos?

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 05:11:38 »

ended up desoldering everything. Tried flashing different keymaps, I've got the said keys that aren't working to work a couple times but overall they are not working  :(

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:11:58 »
Ended up being a mis-soldered leg on the MCU lol

thank you all for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

(family photo attached  ;D)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:46:59 »

Great.  Glad you got it fixed.  I have had to do that with 2 boards but I hate to recommend it bc you could ruin it if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 10 December 2018, 13:55:08 »

Great.  Glad you got it fixed.  I have had to do that with 2 boards but I hate to recommend it bc you could ruin it if you don’t know what you’re doing.

Lol had to take some deep breaths before I attempted  :))

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 23:51:25 »
So I just tried flashing a hex file that was too large and now my board wont turn on. I can't get it back into bootloader/reset mode by holding left ctrl anymore. Is my pcb bricked? or is there a way to fix this lol

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:25:41 »
So I just tried flashing a hex file that was too large and now my board wont turn on. I can't get it back into bootloader/reset mode by holding left ctrl anymore. Is my pcb bricked? or is there a way to fix this lol

I think you may have overwritten the boot loader (which can be fixed).
Does it show up as an "Unknown Device" in Windows?
Also, which PCB did you get?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 December 2018, 09:27:30 by MajorKoos »

Offline trungminhtp

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 15 December 2018, 18:56:47 »
hi guys, i'm trying to keymap x268 pcb but now it is not working, can you send me the original hex file ?, thank you so much :D
Tgr Tris | Tgr x Singa Unikorn x Mechlovin' & GSK | Tgr Alice | Tgr 910se | Tgr Jane v2 | Tgr Jane v2ce Silver | Tgr Jane v2ce | Tgr Police | OTD 356 Mini

Offline froydroyce

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 13:35:34 »

Yes it does show up as an unknown device
it is the m65a pcb (v32a)

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 16 December 2018, 22:44:24 »

Yes it does show up as an unknown device
it is the m65a pcb (v32a)

Sweet.  If you've got an ISP programmer or something you could turn into one you can try re-flashing the firmware (which you probably have(latest is ps2avrGB_firmware_V1.4.0_171019) and the bootloader (http://blog.winkeyless.kr/152).

If you're not familiar with the process/don't already have an ISP programmer it's probably going to be simpler to just get a new PCB.  It won't cost that much more than the programmer.

Offline 14x71

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 05:12:26 »
Hello, whats the best way to contact lz? Looking to enquire about purchasing a set of black blockers
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 December 2018, 07:10:17 by 14x71 »

Offline titanium

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 11:37:52 »
he's pretty responsive to both emails and even pms through geekhack

Offline 14x71

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 01:17:58 »
he's pretty responsive to both emails and even pms through geekhack

Thanks! Sent him a PM :thumb:

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:11:21 »
How are replacements handled? I just plugged in my black LZ CLS ms, and after 5 minutes I got the windows hardware disconnect sound, no more typing registered, I replugged it (got the disconnected and then reconnected system sound), and then it started to smell funny. So I immediatly unplugged and there was literally smoke coming out of the Mini USB port  :confused:

Got some fresh air in the room and then took a pic of what seems to be the culprit, this is a m65a PCB

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:47:10 »
How are replacements handled? I just plugged in my black LZ CLS ms, and after 5 minutes I got the windows hardware disconnect sound, no more typing registered, I replugged it (got the disconnected and then reconnected system sound), and then it started to smell funny. So I immediatly unplugged and there was literally smoke coming out of the Mini USB port  :confused:

Got some fresh air in the room and then took a pic of what seems to be the culprit, this is a m65a PCB

Show Image

well that stinks... literally.  Looks like one of the only components that wasn't included in the extra parts baggie, too :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:53:00 »
Here’s the non melted version of the part if anyone an help identify what it is.  I’m assuming it’s some sort of SMD capacitor. 

210559-0

EDIT:  I think I found the part.  Numbers match, at least.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20pcs-A-3216-10uF-16V-106-106C-SMD-tantalum-capacitor/32800884275.html

mouser surely has them, but I have no idea what the markings mean, so I don't know how to search on their site
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 January 2019, 09:59:02 by pixelpusher »

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #130 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 10:18:50 »

Show Image

It’s fortunate that you didn’t get hurt. I’ve never seen an issue like that.
Hope it will be resolved well.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 10:22:44 »
Capacitors fail, and it's a mess.  I had an old GPU back in the day that blew capacitors.  Sounded like firecrackers going off inside my computer.  It was terrifying. 

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 14 January 2019, 22:19:01 »
Holy cow.  You could actually get hurt while using a Kustom  :p

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 10:01:23 »
217959-0

217961-1

Cerakoted CLSms

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 09:57:34 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Cerakoted CLSms

that looks fantastic.  Where did you have it cerakoted?

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 26 April 2019, 12:20:37 »
(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Cerakoted CLSms

that looks fantastic.  Where did you have it cerakoted?

I'm from South Korea, but I heard there are some stores specializing in cerakote coating in US.
Those colors are Bright White & Bazooka Pink.

Offline Locnguyen1507

« Reply #137 on: Tue, 11 June 2019, 09:50:22 »
does anyone dơne keymapping with x268v2 pcb?  i could not fiund any json file from qmk config ....

Offline trungminhtp

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 20:06:23 »
does anyone dơne keymapping with x268v2 pcb?  i could not fiund any json file from qmk config ....
inb  ;D
Tgr Tris | Tgr x Singa Unikorn x Mechlovin' & GSK | Tgr Alice | Tgr 910se | Tgr Jane v2 | Tgr Jane v2ce Silver | Tgr Jane v2ce | Tgr Police | OTD 356 Mini

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #139 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 21:34:07 »

I have the JC65 on mine, but can you not use this? https://config.qmk.fm/#/noxary/268_2/LAYOUT

Offline Locnguyen1507

« Reply #140 on: Wed, 12 June 2019, 22:36:16 »
I was struggling with this qmk config online. Im picking ISO layout, every functions work well except the \| was setup at the Backspace, that i could not change from \| to backspace in advanced. Been rekeymap and flashing many times but still not change at  this one.

Offline nug

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 08:14:55 »
I was struggling with this qmk config online. Im picking ISO layout, every functions work well except the \| was setup at the Backspace, that i could not change from \| to backspace in advanced. Been rekeymap and flashing many times but still not change at  this one.
Sounds like bootmagic might be enabled. Maybe try playing around with this https://beta.docs.qmk.fm/features/feature_bootmagic

Also, are you using the right source? You want this one https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/noxary/x268
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 June 2019, 08:20:25 by nug »