Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 3131 times)

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
Greetings!
« on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 08:40:15 »
Hey everyone!

I've been around the mech community a little bit and thought I should take the step to join GeekHack too!

I own a Ducky Shine 3 w/ blues (my first board), a Pok3r w/ blues, and a Leopold FC660C.

The Leopold is my daily at work where I do support work for pilot law enforcement products.

Offline Nisei

Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 15:25:38 »
Welcome!
I've noticed some posts here get completely ignored.
Not a real warm welcome but I hope me wishing you a nice time here will be appreciated ;)
Enjoy the forums!

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 16:06:03 »
Welcome!
I've noticed some posts here get completely ignored.
Not a real warm welcome but I hope me wishing you a nice time here will be appreciated ;)
Enjoy the forums!

Very appreciated! I get not everyone will post in a welcome thread but I'm glad to have someone :)

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 00:26:21 »
Welcome :)

Cool sunglasses you have there :cool:

Hope to see you 2 around the forum :thumb:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 02:32:59 »
Who you have?

Welcome :p How do you like your leopold?

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 08:02:04 »

Thanks!

Who you have?

I like the leopold quite a bit. I used a coworkers HHKB and that's what led me to this. Now to get an HHKB of my own... Probably will sell the Pok3r and Ducky.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 13:49:18 »

Thanks!

Who you have?

I like the leopold quite a bit. I used a coworkers HHKB and that's what led me to this. Now to get an HHKB of my own... Probably will sell the Pok3r and Ducky.

Cool, so you would keep the Leopold. HHKB keyboard looks fine but I'm a Windows user and I use that Win key haha. I'm inching towards that shopping cart :eek:

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 April 2016, 14:03:23 »

Thanks!

Who you have?

Cool, so you would keep the Leopold. HHKB keyboard looks fine but I'm a Windows user and I use that Win key haha. I'm inching towards that shopping cart :eek:

Pull the trigger on either of them! They're both fantastic boards that you'll not regret.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 01 May 2016, 01:39:23 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

By the responses above I'd guess you've been bitten by the Topre bug :p

Welcome to the club :))

Did you get the Pok3r or the FC660C last?  I'm guessing the FC660C ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 02 May 2016, 08:26:28 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thanks! You'd be right, I did get the FC660C last. I'm currently in works to trade the Pok3r  and some cash for an HHKB though. So the Topre bug is real!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 05:41:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thanks! You'd be right, I did get the FC660C last. I'm currently in works to trade the Pok3r  and some cash for an HHKB though. So the Topre bug is real!

I wonder whether you'll prefer the FC660C or the HHKB ...

If you do get an HHKB, give it a couple of weeks because the layout is a bit different to most other keyboards.  Once you get used to it, it will all make much more sense.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 May 2016, 12:06:51 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you do get an HHKB, give it a couple of weeks because the layout is a bit different to most other keyboards.  Once you get used to it, it will all make much more sense.

I used the HHKB before getting the FC660C, that's what got me hooked on this topre life.

I still find myself hitting caps lock all the time instead of control because of it...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 05:59:30 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I used the HHKB before getting the FC660C, that's what got me hooked on this topre life.

I still find myself hitting caps lock all the time instead of control because of it...

Aha!  And \\\ instead of backspace?

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 May 2016, 07:40:15 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Aha!  And \\\ instead of backspace?

Surprisingly less on that one actually, but it still happens... I'm sure once this trade goes through I'm going to be messing up just as much trying to re-learn the HHKB layout again.