Author Topic: [IC] ALF x Scott — G60 - 60% Retro Dual-mount Dual-mode Keyboard (gb posted)  (Read 46114 times)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] ALF x Scott — G60 - 60% Retro-style Dual-mount Dual-mode Keyboard
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 00:04:49 »
Looking good! Love the retro inspiration from the Cherry boards. Hopefully they are built much more sturdy than those though. lol

Definitely more creative ways to play with it!

R2 Prototype coming soon!

Offline SteffeMK

Re: [IC] ALF x Scott — G60 - 60% Retro-style Dual-mount Dual-mode Keyboard
« Reply #101 on: Wed, 10 October 2018, 01:37:35 »
Any price estimate?

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Hey everyone, please kindly Fill out the NEW POLL about thick plates and layout options

Offline icho

I am in for sure!

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
Hey everyone, please kindly Fill out the NEW POLL about thick plates and layout options

Quick question, No chance for universal plate option in the poll? or is it because of that current config only support a ANSI only pcb? 

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Quick question, No chance for universal plate option in the poll? or is it because of that current config only support a ANSI only pcb?

Hey, you can always use any GH60 compatible plate (and PCB) in the tray mount position. This poll is specifically for the top mount plate. Scott said he wanted to cut the top mount plate as little as possible, but at the same time providing some layout flexibility.

Offline macken

Would love an ISO option for the plate aswell.

Offline RETURNISO

Hey, you can always use any GH60 compatible plate (and PCB) in the tray mount position. This poll is specifically for the top mount plate. Scott said he wanted to cut the top mount plate as little as possible, but at the same time providing some layout flexibility.

Cool, i understand.  i just asked because i would love a thicker plate ( universal ) and the 4mm from the poll just sounded like a treat. :) but as it ANSI only for top mount. no worries i look forward to see the new samples mentioned. Looking forward to the GB!  :thumb:

Offline RETURNISO

+1 for ISO topmount  :thumb:

Offline krey

i am in!
Kepler FC65 | 7v | Think6.5 v1 | Maja | G60 | TX75v2 | Fjell | Klippe x2 | Acrylic Tofu | CA66 | Norbaforce

Offline laserbeamspewpew

HHKB?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

ISO should be relatively easy to accommodate IMO, I will confirm with Scott on the top mount plate :)

Offline RETURNISO

ISO should be relatively easy to accommodate IMO, I will confirm with Scott on the top mount plate :)

SWEET! Thanks oldcat

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Current poll results for the material and layout

205576-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
There is also a possibility for a 2mm Carbon Fiber (with switch clip cuts), for which we gauge interest in the Discord.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

What are the 10 colors that will be available?

Offline laserbeamspewpew

just built mine today  :D

(Attachment Link)

Could we get a side view of the SA caps with the case?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

(Attachment Link)

I will ask Scott to take some pictures

Offline scottwei

(Attachment Link)

SA Obilivion on G60

206268-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 October 2018, 20:05:40 by scottwei »

Offline scottwei

206275-0

the extend kits, contains mini type-c plug and receptacle. they can be cross-connected, which means PCB with mini receptacle can be extended to a type-c one, and vice versa.

Offline RETURNISO

Offline RETURNISO

(Attachment Link)

the extend kits, contains mini type-c plug and receptacle. they can be cross-connected, which means PCB with mini receptacle can be extended to a type-c one, and vice versa.

Dope!

Offline RETURNISO

How is it going with the prototype?, looking forward :cool:

Offline scottwei

How is it going with the prototype?, looking forward :cool:

it was a little delayed, maybe one or two weeks later, ALF's machines are running day and night.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
Very interested if hot swappable keyswitches are a feature!
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline RETURNISO

Very interested if hot swappable keyswitches are a feature!

Well, all MX styled "keyswitches" are hot swappable ^-^ what you are wishing for is a hot swappable enabled PCBA.  :p

Offline scottwei

206362-0

custom FPC cable between the PCB and the extend receptacle

Offline voight-kampff

cool

Offline scottwei

Still waiting for the prototype of the new case, sorry for the delay. Here are some new photos, Hope you will like it. The firmware is optimized for power saving, the current is around 6.5ma when typing and 2ma standing by. which means over 400 hours battery life-time with a 1000mah one.

Offline TheMissingPiece

• TheAverageOne
I've been keeping an eye on this board. It looks very promising? You mention that the board is QMK-based but also has a very long battery life. From what I've heard, QMK boards don't really have a long battery life due to the way polling is done (but I'm not sure). How do you manage to do this? 

Also, if this board supports split spacebar as well as 2u shift, it may very well be my next keyboard!

Offline scottwei

I've been keeping an eye on this board. It looks very promising? You mention that the board is QMK-based but also has a very long battery life. From what I've heard, QMK boards don't really have a long battery life due to the way polling is done (but I'm not sure). How do you manage to do this? 

Also, if this board supports split spacebar as well as 2u shift, it may very well be my next keyboard!

Actually, it's not about the QMK itself, it's about tunning an AVR MCU(most of the custom keyboard use this kind of chips), by shutting down unnecessary module, we can almost cut down half of the power consumes. I wrote a custom main loop and matrix scan function for further power saving. Yang, who made YD60BLE created this precedent, his TMK based firmware consumes just 1.7ma standing by, I'm following his path and trying to keep up.

BTW, Splited spacebar and 2u shift are dropped for sure on G60, Sorry for that. But I would like to release this PCB separated later, it could be a much compatible version. and... Are we just forget this is a compatible case for any GH60-like PCB?
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 November 2018, 03:17:46 by scottwei »

Offline igke

Love what you are doing with the usb adapter boards here. If the connector fails, you can just replace it separately from the existing pcb. For the right price, I'm really interested in this for my first 60 build.

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
Is there any chance of releasing a separate Bluetooth kit for existing qmk compatible PCBs?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Is there any chance of releasing a separate Bluetooth kit for existing qmk compatible PCBs?

@Scottwei may be able to answer

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
Since I'm asking questions, what about a G65? ;) thanks...

Offline scottwei

It's possible, But lack of operational for most PCB. Most of the PCB doesn't have extra pinout of power supply and I/Os.

Offline scottwei

Since I'm asking questions, what about a G65? ;) thanks...

Planned and definitely would make it happen.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
What do you guys think about this colorway? We might do another proto based on this colorway if you guys are interested!

207646-0

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
What do you guys think about this colorway? We might do another proto based on this colorway if you guys are interested!

(Attachment Link)

OMG yes please! I've always loved the industrial grey color of the NCR boards.

I would definitely pick that colorway if it becomes an option.

Offline stoic-lemon

That would be amazing.

Offline scottwei

I preliminary decided these are all possible layouts, I dropped some rarely used and 2u LShift layouts, keeping the most common ones.  and the layout compatibility for the 4mm thick plate has been limited, we split it into two main kinds, ANSI and ISO, we do maintain some compatibility on row 5, RShift and the Backspace.
207850-0
207852-1
207854-2

« Last Edit: Tue, 27 November 2018, 01:44:08 by scottwei »

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
I preliminary decided these are all possible layouts, I dropped some rarely used and 2u LShift layouts, keeping the most common ones.  and the layout compatibility for the 4mm thick plate has been limited, we split it into two main kinds, ANSI and ISO, we do maintain some compatibility on row 5, RShift and the Backspace.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I support this

Any chance you'd release plate files?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
New prototype

208188-0

Offline beekey

Re: [IC] G60 - 60% Retro-style USB/Bluetooth Dual Mode Keyboard (Reopen)
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 06:21:23 »
Interested. So it is a hybrid mounting system? Top-mount plate AND tray mount poles?

Yes :)

And plus, it's compatible with regular PCB, plus dual mode QMK-based PCB.
But we can also use regular 60% plates? Or are special plates needed?

Offline equalunique

I'll take it if the option exists where hhkb blockers are integrated with the case

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
The test ano looks good but seems way too dark compared to the OG NCR combo

Offline lac29

Is this the first QMK bluetooth custom keeb? I'm not into the particular design of this one but I'm hoping this QMK bluetooth tech is seen in more customs (Noxary polycarb 60%/65% for ex).

Offline RETURNISO

Properly MAO And Grey showcased maybe? what do you say OP?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Properly MAO And Grey showcased maybe? what do you say OP?

I think Scott wanted to achieve something similar to NCR colorway

Offline scottwei

ALF is trying out new color swatches, (Camping) Green and NCR Grey :thumb: