Author Topic: Rabit hole? Never heard of it  (Read 847 times)

Offline sophisticatedbeaver

Rabit hole? Never heard of it
« on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 02:39:25 »
/s aside, been very interested to learn more about the kb scene.

I'm more in the pc hardware scene. Gotten jokes from "you have a $4k setup but you only play league" or "all you do is watch yt videos". Some of those quotes do have some merit, so i'm not going to completely disagree but i play tarkov too

Completely new to the scene, and already on the path to build a custom kb. Solder stuff on its way and looking into a gasket mounted case, etc. First keyboard was a pre build corsair tkl stainless steel frame w/ cherry mx red. Current driver is a ducky 1-2sf mx reds.

All my irl homies are upgrading their pc's and that left me wondering where the love is at for mech kbs? Pretty excited to get started to build a custom kb. Last two days I’ve just been scouring taobao, u.s proxy’s, yt, reddit, etc just to see what's out there. I would even glance over my other tabs during zoom lectures to hear which linear sounds better, alps or creams, inks or teals, and etc

Granted, i will still have to remind myself a logitech mk270 will have the same functionality of a custom built kb (actually no it prob wouldnt bc at least the mk270 will have a numpad and function keys). But hey, at least the custom will sound orgasmic.

Offline hvontres

• Buckling Spring Enthusiast - Full Size Evangelist
Re: Rabit hole? Never heard of it
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 October 2020, 03:35:10 »
Welcome to the rabbit hole. And not all customs need to be a 60% :)
Henry von Tresckow

1986 Model M 1390131, 1987 Model M 1391401 , 1993 Model M2 Modded Reddragon k556(Test Mule) Boston Prototype x2 (Daily Drivers :) )