Author Topic: old keycapture new keyboard  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Allthunbs

old keycapture new keyboard
« on: Mon, 13 January 2014, 13:28:47 »
I come out of the old key capture world where you got paid per keystroke. I used a spring and foam keyboard at the time and it worked wonders. I've been looking to replace it since the 1980s when it died. I've recently picked up a daskeyboard with blue switches and I'm definitely not satisfied with the feel. I've ordered 0.4mm O-rings to dampen the keys but I may have to modify further. Any suggestions? I noticed someone was using grease. Which grease?

Has anyone created/found foam boots to go below the O-rings?

Has anyone found any other modification methods for this keyboard or the MX blue switches?

I'm looking to create a dual-detent switch. You push the key down. The first level of resistance is when you touch the key, the second is when the key is registered. This second resistance can be a second spring and it serves to slow the finger and return it before the shock of bottoming out. I figured that the blue could be made to duplicate this by slowing the keystroke at the point that the character is registered. I figured that the O-ring would soften the bottoming out. Now I need to return the finger at the point that the key is registered.

I'm working as an author and I need to get back to typing as fast as I think. Can't do it with the daskeyboard.