Author Topic: Hey, I'm a guy with a face  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Aekely

Hey, I'm a guy with a face
« on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 23:31:00 »
Hallo, I go by Aekely. I've lurked on here for a couple of weekss and decided to pull up my pants and join. I've actually just ordered my first Mechanical keyboard long ago. It's a Ducky Shine 3 with Brown Cherry Switches. Can't wait til it gets here heh. I think I'm really into customizing keyboards with various keycaps and spacebars and all the pretty things and I'd like to learn more about it from here.

But yeah, I'm a guy with a face. I like keyboards. You like keyboards.
Let's have some fun ;)

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
Re: Hey, I'm a guy with a face
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 23:45:41 »
HOLY **** YOU HAVE A FACE!! LUCKY BASTARD!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
But seriously, welcome to GH. Good to see another fan of browns. :p

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 23:48:29 »
That was my first board too! It's a great board, I still use it and it has never let me down, excellent first choice!

..and welcome to GH :)

Offline Aekely

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 23:57:29 »
Heh, I kinda had to get browns (or reds.) I'm headed to college soon and I don't want to bother my roommate that much. I should probably invest in some O rings.... BUT THANKS FOR NOTICING MY FACE. And thanks for the welcome.

Offline Aekely

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 23:58:59 »
That was my first board too! It's a great board, I still use it and it has never let me down, excellent first choice!

..and welcome to GH :)
Thanks! It was between that or the CM Quickfire Rapid. I got the Tenkeyless version of the Ducky as well. I hope I enjoy it heh.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:29:56 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I've got to wonder what you were doing lurking around with your pants down :p

Anyway, Ducky Shine is great - I have 3 :))  Which LEDs did you get?  I have red, green and yellow (in separate keyboards).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:17:43 »
Heh, I kinda had to get browns (or reds.) I'm headed to college soon and I don't want to bother my roommate that much. I should probably invest in some O rings.... BUT THANKS FOR NOTICING MY FACE. And thanks for the welcome.
Yeah I understand that. I tried using my Complicated white alps, and they drove my roomate insane. ;D

Offline Aekely

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 16:47:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Anyway, Ducky Shine is great - I have 3 :))  Which LEDs did you get?  I have red, green and yellow (in separate keyboards).
I got the blue LED's! I think I might get the ducky purple backlit caps and make it pretty. Or maybe some other colored backlit caps heh.

Offline unipsykal

• ghostly lurker
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:32:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I got the blue LED's! I think I might get the ducky purple backlit caps and make it pretty. Or maybe some other colored backlit caps heh.

I didn't want to get stuck with one color so I went with white and then just added color filters to it if i wanted to change the color.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 01:31:38 »
Welcome

I didn't want to get stuck with one color so I went with white and then just added color filters to it if i wanted to change the color.

That's why I like my RGB board, whenever I get tired of it it's easy to change.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 15 June 2015, 05:38:53 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If you want the Ducky purple keycaps and can find some, I'd suggest going for it.  A lot of those older Ducky keycap sets are getting hard to find these days.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ