Author Topic: [GB] SA Oblivion - CONCLUDED  (Read 280109 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Massdrop Q3 2017, Updated August 8th 2017)
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 00:36:25 »
Hello World key issue fixed by adding it to Git as well :)

[...] and it's more thematically consistent with a mod-set different to the one that it's currently in!

While you are not wrong, I felt it fit the regular modifiers just as much. The regular modifiers are more like an introduction to code, with the colored legends and CODE system keys, so having a novelty key that symbolizes introduction fit in very nicely with that. But I can see how advanced programmers that are well versed in using Git etc would appreciate a throwback to the newbie days as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 00:39:56 by Oblotzky »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #701 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 06:37:07 »
Kits have been sent off to SP, you may only point out errors from now on. (https://oblotzky.github.io/sa-oblivion/)

Thanks to all for giving feedback! Gonna continue making keyboard renders till the drop drops.

Offline Broadwell

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (Massdrop Q3 2017, Kits sent off to SP August 11th 2017)
« Reply #702 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 07:19:54 »
Thanks for tenkeyless.asm, love the kit  :thumb:

Offline ctrl

« Reply #703 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 08:05:46 »
Kits have been sent off to SP, you may only point out errors from now on. (https://oblotzky.github.io/sa-oblivion/)

Thanks to all for giving feedback! Gonna continue making keyboard renders till the drop drops.

A big thank you for including the 1u AltGr and the 1.25u spacekey! :thumb:

Really excited about the drop! This keyset feels so complete! It covers pretty much everything. Now to figure out which colorway I want...

Looking forward to more renders! ;D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 11:50:16 »

Agreed, the asm kit is a fantastic idea!

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #705 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 13:21:47 »

Beyond excited! My wallet has been anticipating this for a long time.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #706 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 05:21:48 »

Agreed, the asm kit is a fantastic idea!

Thanks!

A couple renders of thesiscamper's KIRA EX keyboard  :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sun, 13 August 2017, 05:23:47 by Oblotzky »

Offline Nonster

• Lo-Ki Studios
Looks great on an 1800 layout. Can't wait!
More

Offline Blazestorm

"Hello World!" should be "Hello, World!" no? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Hello,_World!%22_program

The comma is very crucial...

Offline Oblotzky

"Hello World!" should be "Hello, World!" no? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Hello,_World!%22_program

The comma is very crucial...

I opted to drop the comma for aesthetic purposes. I'll take another look at it maybe before we go live

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
I would vote for no comma, personally, and no exclamation point either.

I know the traditional first program string has both, but it feels more industrial and cohesive with other keys like "CAPS LOCK" and "PAGE DOWN" to just have "HELLO WORLD"
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:44:40 by hashbaz »

Offline mbsurfer

I know the traditional first program string has both, but it feels more industrial and cohesive with other keys like "CAPS LOCK" and "PAGE DOWN" to just have "HELLO WORLD"

Also agree with this. Adding punctuation will not flow with the rest of the set well, in my opinion.

Offline KeLorean

really wasn't interested until i noticed that u offer a very standard 2 tone possibility. looking forward to my first SA GB:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline Parva Ovis

I vote no comms and am neutral on the exclamation point.

Offline Blazestorm

Yep, I'm just looking for consistency =) Match the standard programming "Hello, World!" or just make match the rest of the legends. I'd prioritize matching the rest of the legends.

I think "HELLO WORLD" works better.

Offline clappingcactus

I had such a knee-jerk reaction to this, but on more consideration, either all the punctuation or none of the punctuation!

Offline Oblotzky

German and Swedish ISO boards  :)

Offline wylie

This is a neat idea。nice color

Offline ctrl

German and Swedish ISO boards  :)

Show Image

Show Image

+1 for Swedish! :thumb:

So far I've been planning to go with the Oblivion theme, but lately I've felt undecided because that red return has me lusting! I really wanted to see what a 60%/65%/ISO/ANSI looked like with that colorway. Now I'm even more undecided! It looks delicious!

Offline sevenseacat

Get both themes - I will be!

Offline Oblotzky

Reworked 40bit a little as it was missing a R3 1.75u with a legend for the Minivan's right side in arrowless layout, and removed the R4 2u LOCK key as I couldn't actually find a use for it in the mentioned supported layouts. And since the 1.75u with legend now is useable for split spacebars where some use it as Return and others don't, I also added 2.25u with legend so you can chose there as well if its a Return or a spacebar.

Also added the comma to HELLO WORLD novelty keys in Oblivion Modifiers, Git Modifiers and the Git and Oblivion UK kit

Melissa returned with pricing, Yanbo is translating that to MD prices right now and I hope we'll have a store page up about a week ahead of launch for you guys to check out.

Offline Blazestorm

Also added the comma to HELLO WORLD novelty keys in Oblivion Modifiers, Git Modifiers and the Git and Oblivion UK kit

Ahhhh, the other guy convinced me "HELLO WORLD" (no punct) will look better than "HELLO, WORLD!" but you're the designer.

Going to end up getting 2-3 sets worth. Love everything about this set, thanks for all the work you put into it.

Offline Oblotzky

Ahhhh, the other guy convinced me "HELLO WORLD" (no punct) will look better than "HELLO, WORLD!" but you're the designer.

Going to end up getting 2-3 sets worth. Love everything about this set, thanks for all the work you put into it.

The exclamation mark is pretty vital for the legend IMO, so that one I wasn't dropping for sure. Thanks for the support!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
The exclamation mark is pretty vital for the legend IMO, so that one I wasn't dropping for sure. Thanks for the support!

Can we re-drop the comma at least?

Offline Oblotzky

Can we re-drop the comma at least?

Yeah I did, I started to like it, but I got concerned it might come out wrong. I'm not sure what the comma would look like with their modifier font, if its the same as on the actual comma key then it wouldn't really fit. I'd probably have to do it via vector files but I can't match their font 1:1 and scaling might be different towards the rest. So I'm playing it safe with HELLO WORLD! only. The exclamation mark is used on 1976 BUMMER! novelty and looks splendid.

Offline LVNDSCAPE

Hey

Is there a price  estimate yet?
I am thinking whether I should wait for Oblivion or get the grand budapest.

Offline Oblotzky

Hey

The best estimate I can give right now is to go check the pricing on other SA sets run by MD such as Carbon, Godspeed or Chocolatier. Since the drop starts in September and goes on for 3 weeks, I'd say you easily have a month left to gather finances if you really wan't to get both.

Offline LVNDSCAPE

Hey

The best estimate I can give right now is to go check the pricing on other SA sets run by MD such as Carbon, Godspeed or Chocolatier. Since the drop starts in September and goes on for 3 weeks, I'd say you easily have a month left to gather finances if you really wan't to get both.

Oh yeah
According to Massdrop Prices, should be good.
Can't wait for the drop to become available and nide work on designing the keysets

Offline Oblotzky

Some more stuff to show off  ;)

Offline sevenseacat

love love loooooooove

Offline clappingcactus

This is probably all too late, but any chance for a Red-legend R1 2u key for layouts where legend colour consistency between an Escape (Git) key on the left hand side of the keyboard will be red?

Offline ctrl

Some more stuff to show off  ;)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow. I can't wait to see builds starting to show up in the wild sporting this keyset! :)

Offline deprecatedcoder

This is going to be my first "real" keyset and it's going on a completely custom board that I am just about finished with so I couldn't be more excited.

I posted in the reddit thread, but I made a Netbeans variant of Oblivion that uses the colors from this set, which is available here.

Still working on the Sublime Text one, but should have that up soon.

Thanks so much for putting in the work to make this all happen.

Offline Hordak

Thanks Oblotzky for putting so much work into this. It is ****ing gorgeous!

PBT would sooo nice - too bad it's not possible. Anyway, count me in! Looking forward to the day I will put these on the JTK sliders in my HHKB.

Offline Oblotzky

Gotta call off the September launch  :(

we're launching this month! August 31st yall! https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-oblotzky-sa-oblivion-custom-keycap-set

Offline avid

Re: [IC] SA Oblivion (launches August 31st 6am PT on Massdrop)
« Reply #735 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:30:18 »
Hype! This set is very nice. I have not yet tested SA profile though but might get this. The difficult choise is white vs grey.

I know SA always split in small kits. Are people doing this just because SA has much lower MOQ or have anyone tried selling SA in GMK-style kits?
I guess most people buy plenty of kits and id assume that would make prices lower.

Offline clappingcactus

we're launching this month! August 31st yall! https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-oblotzky-sa-oblivion-custom-keycap-set

Gonna checkout so fast. I've literally photoshop mocked up all the possible layouts I'd like and listed all the kits I'd need. It's gonna be expensive. :X

Offline Oblotzky

Gonna checkout so fast. I've literally photoshop mocked up all the possible layouts I'd like and listed all the kits I'd need. It's gonna be expensive. :X

Show me!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #738 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:52:38 »
Hype! This set is very nice. I have not yet tested SA profile though but might get this. The difficult choise is white vs grey.

I know SA always split in small kits. Are people doing this just because SA has much lower MOQ or have anyone tried selling SA in GMK-style kits?
I guess most people buy plenty of kits and id assume that would make prices lower.

GMK base sets are nice, but the only real winners for those are people with fullsize/1800/96key/65/75%. Getting those layouts covered with SA ends up costing at least the same in most cases. But for people with TKL boards, 60%, Ergodox, 40% and Planck keyboards, its definitely more affordable with SA. Ergodox and Planck kits are rarely available for GMK sets, and when they are, you have to buy the entire base kit as well just to get the alphas (I'm hoping that will change soon, see GMK Calm Depths and GMK Electric ErgoPlanck kits). It's just way more flexible this way overall IMO and stays affordable except for people that get everything.

Offline mbsurfer

« Reply #739 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:54:47 »
Looking forward to Thursday! Congrats on finalizing Oblotzky. Excited to see what kind of numbers this is going to pull.

Offline avid

« Reply #740 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 16:55:07 »
Thanks for clarifying that.

Offline imprevade

« Reply #741 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 22:04:04 »
I miss that preonic render you used to have, especially with the preonic drop active currently.  :-*

Offline ctrl

Seriously, my heart made a small stop before my eyes had wandered down a few lines. ;D

I've been looking forward to this. Will oogle MD now. Wishing you all the best with the drop, Oblotzky!

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #743 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 00:44:50 »
For those interested in calculating your cost easily I put together an open office spreadsheet.

Simply enter the quantity you want of each set and the current sold quantity for each set in the appropriate columns and it does the rest.

If there are any errors please let me know. There are two or three sets that didn't have confirmed prices when I made the spreadsheet I will try to update that tonight or in the morning.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4HHzg6Ix6-2ajVWSjJBTzVYTk0/view?usp=sharing

Offline darthzero

« Reply #744 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 02:27:02 »
For those interested in calculating your cost easily I put together an open office spreadsheet.

Simply enter the quantity you want of each set and the current sold quantity for each set in the appropriate columns and it does the rest.

If there are any errors please let me know. There are two or three sets that didn't have confirmed prices when I made the spreadsheet I will try to update that tonight or in the morning.

At tier 1 price i will be at
Code: [Select]
Total $288,94
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #745 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 02:32:08 »

Magoromo NodDe  ;)

FYI the pricing sheet currently on the drop page was updated, but has a small mixup, especially concering the Monochrome UK price. that one is in fact identical to Oblivion & Git UK. it should be corrected later today

@ Mods, this thread can be moved over to the appropriate GB forum now, thank you! Done. GLWGB! :thumb: - infiniti
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 August 2017, 05:09:33 by infiniti »

Offline mbsurfer

Re: [GB] SA Oblivion (launches August 31st 6am PT on Massdrop)
« Reply #746 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 08:36:06 »
Drop is live! $341 without ant price drops yet. Looking forward to seeing that price drop as you guys join!

Offline darthzero

« Reply #747 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 09:18:49 »
Shut up and take my money
-Philip J. Fry, 3010
Code: [Select]
Thank you! Your order is complete.
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #748 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 10:21:46 »
Ordered!  ;D, can't wait for this set to get in! This will be my first SA set, so I'm also excited to check out the profile!

Offline bmmcwhirt

• KB9YEN
« Reply #749 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 10:50:34 »

Magoromo NodDe  ;)

FYI the pricing sheet currently on the drop page was updated, but has a small mixup, especially concering the Monochrome UK price. that one is in fact identical to Oblivion & Git UK. it should be corrected later today

@ Mods, this thread can be moved over to the appropriate GB forum now, thank you! Done. GLWGB! :thumb: - infiniti

I have updated my spreadsheet with the 40bit and Mono UK(with your noted correct pricing).