Author Topic: Sifo's Keycap Collection (Photo Blog)  (Read 13510 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Sifo's Keycap Collection (Photo Blog)
« on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 23:27:25 »
Decided to update this since it's been a while!  :eek:

Currently selling or trading some of these here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68660.0

There are 3 caps that I don't have on hand yet but they deserve a mention. Krytone's hexashot Robocap that I won from his game contest, an original Hapster from Techkeys, and of course my Simmy Blue Reaper from Bro Caps. I can't wait to get them ^_^

And of course sorry for the **** pics that don't do any of these justice. But let's begin!

Red on White GEEKHACK key on Geekhack 6th anniversary keychain

This was my first group buy as a Geekhacker. It was the first GH key with corrected kerning, run by my Mexican brotha demik. I carry this with me everywhere every day, and since it was my first novelty cap and from a cool friend it means a lot to me. <3

There was this crazy fad where people wanted to dip their ABS caps into nail polish. So my ex decided to make me some. These were the ones that turned out the best. I also gave her the matching blue portal key, so I keep the orange one. Don't ask why I keep these, I'm long over her and am in a new happy relationship but I don't really wanna throw em away lol.

Blue NIQMODs! In Blue Candy, Blue Cosmic, Blueberry, and Blue Pearl finishes.

These were a thing back in the day. People think they're lame because it's just 2k autopainted keycaps, but I think they look ****ing beautiful. I got the Candy one from Tsangan, the cosmic one from i3oiler (I traded a ****ing clack for some of these), and the other 2 were from marc (the creator).

BunnyLake also started out doing nail polish caps. This was one of the ones he gave me after we had some issue with stuff getting lost in the mail.

Hypnocap from one of the first few batches. idk why I bought this, probably impulse buy. I like the colours though.

Also one of the first few caps I got, from the WASDKeyboards GH pack. It's iMav's avatar (aka our holy creator). I keep it cuz I miss seeing him post :P

Kirkle's dyesubs

Lots of inside jokes and memes and **** going on here.

More
NSFW

Speaking of Kirkle... he printed these with his 3D printer for me. Lovely.

DanGWanG's 420 Awesome Face

Back when Dan was on GH he had these made and I got a few for being a supporter of his blog. I miss seeing him around too, he had some cool ****.

Some keys I got at Keycon 2013. SmallFry's family was there and it was really emotional for a little bit. We got the friends and family keys passed out to us. I keep it in remembrance of Nate even though we weren't really close friends. Miss seeing his posts too. The white on green chocobo was a 1 of a kind prototype from Nokcha aka keypop.net, and I won it from a raffle (I think I pulled my own name? I forgot haha!). And I don't know what the blue thing is. Apparently CPTBadAss said it was Halverson's but then he said it wasn't his so I'm like **** it, it's mine now!

KBD Mania keys

I got the blue one on the left from Reaper as a gift. Pink one was from the novelty pack of the original Valentine's key set.

Black on Pink Dyesub Fierce Horse

Got as a gift from Boost.

Manabottles from Keypop

I actually designed the Manabottle :P.

I was able to complete this trio thanks to Bunny once again for providing me with the GEEKHACK key on the right.

420 Clacks

These felt so recent but it was almost a year ago now. I got the Resurrection for retail from Xenderwind, really thankful to him for helping me out. And the Prophecy, Bro helped me out by doing some trading. Thanks guys <3

Pink Gas Mask

Got this as a gift from a fellow Torontonian (GSimon), after I helped him build an ergodox. He knew I like pink :D but who doesn't?

Speaking of gas masks, at Keycon 2013 I bought a white one from i3oiler and got Binge to paint it for me. It's a really nice metallic blue with some pink here and there. It looks so much better in person and I'm really impressed by Binge's painting skills. Idk how he wrote Sifo on such a small little cap :D really awesome.

DSA Swagling

I forgot your name dude and I'm sorry! But I got this from a GH user, he did a really small batch of 6 of these or something, and being a huge SC and Carbot fan I knew I had to grab one. It has some metallic flakes in it and it's really nice. I wish he was still around to make more caps.

Octopink was the first clack I ever got. Then I traded it away to Bro Caps... and it was the biggest mistake of my life. Luckily tjcautistic King Klaxon cable maker hooked me up Christmas 2013 (even though it was super late). He also gave me the Mooseskull which is the only topre novelty cap I have. But seriously I can't thank TJ enough for reuniting me with the Octopink. THANKS TJ <3

Some V1s

This is where Bro Caps started :P That's 1/2 Sifo's Soul over there on the left. I remember joking about trading my soul for a Bro Bot and well... that's exactly what happened. Bro's always had a good sense of humour and made awesome designs, and still to this day. Truly a bro. The other 3 were from various sales and trades as well, but much less interesting :P

Some V2s

And this is when the V2s started coming out. Of course my soul had to be immortalized once again in the form of the updated design! But this time there were many many more produced :O. In the middle is cotton candy and to the right is purple bliss. Once again I got them in sales but they're a little less interesting :P

1/2 MX Easter Sets.
I got lucky with this one. Really love the pastel colours. I kinda over saturated it because I couldn't capture them properly. I thought about splitting up this set once, but decided nah. They sit happily on my Miami GON.

WHALEBRO!

girldc made this for me, 1/2 in the world of this colorway (silver and black, hard to tell but the bottom is blackish). Some fine craftsmanship, and it's cute as hell. Girldc's been a cool friend and I'm a huge fan of his caps, so I'm delighted that he made this for me.

Essence of Kirkle and Spirit Blue Reaper

More Bro stuff. Got mad as **** that Kirkle got his own keycap too, and a blue one at that. But whatever. Spirit Blue Reaper I got in a sale, it was an unlisted item at the time. These 2 reside on my LZ-S at the moment, and will soon be joined by the Simmy Blue Reaper.

Girldc UNIT 01

Oh ****, time for the EVA stuff huh. This was the long awaited UNIT 01 girldc keycap from the Evangelion series (aka my favourite anime, where my avatar is from, etc). Very impractical but detailed and pretty as hell. Just happens to be in the form of a keycap :P

POM Eva Prototype set

I think these were a 1 off I believe, I got them in feng's auction (once again with the help of TJ who paid for half of it). POM is such a great plastic, it's SOOOO smooth. These feel great on linear boards. I'd probably never ever part with these because of their rarity and how awesome they are.

HolyOops! Eva set

Some more recent keys. I got these from feng once again, they took a while but they did eventually arrive to me and I'm very happy with them. Nice anodized aluminum with a good fit.

Misc NERV keys

Left one I got from tsangan, middle one was a gift from CommonCurt, and the one to the right was from feng. Thanks guys :)

Red Andre the Fly from Nubbinator

Nub cap! I won this for correctly answering where the name Andre came from. Really thick cap and cool design. I always appreciate checking out artisan's works.

Red War Machine

I also won this... I seem to win a lot of things. I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA GET A BLUE ONE BUT HE GAVE ME A RED ONE I WAS SO MAD WHEN I GOT IT LOL whatever haha thanks martin!

Red Cosmic NIQMOD

Same thing as the blue ones but it's red. Got it in the same trade with i3oiler.

'Anada Reaper

Once again I voiced my ideas to Bro about having something for Canada Day along with the 4th of July sale. This and the 'Anada V2 are what came out of it. This pic sucks, it's a little more red IRL (like the Canadian flag of course). Halverson ruined it for me because he says it looks like a red skull floating in a bag of milk. Most Canadian guy on this forum must be Halverson.

Think that about wraps it up this time. I'll add the other 3 once I get them :P I do have a bunch of other novelty caps but I plan to give those away eventually. I keep all these for sentimental reasons and have a hard time trading them, and definitely wouldn't sell them (unless I'm homeless). Anyway thanks for reading guys, and thanks to all the cool people here on GH who contributed to each of these little keycaps and their stories!

Old/original post (to compare haha):
More
Hey guys just wanted to share some pics and a little background on some keycaps that I not only really like, but cherish a bit more than my other ones. Here's a pic of all of them (except the girldc whale), one is blacked out because I promised the creator to never show it to anyone.

So let's start with the NIQMODs.

I bought the blue candy one from tsangan way before I met him. I wanted to collect all the blue NIQMODs because, as you guys know, I like the colour blue (and pink). So, after posting in the classifieds and searching for a while I finally got in touch with him and bought it from him.

Blue cosmic one I got in a trade with i3oiler, along with a red one, for a Guac CC. Was the first time I had ever done a trade and i3oiler really set the bar, this was way before he ran Techkeys.us and I must say it's always been a pleasure doing business with him.

Blueberry NIQMOD I ordered from Marc himself.

I think the ones I'm missing are the pearl series NIQMODs but I've got that sorted out. These are beautiful caps and the lifetime warranty is pretty awesome.

Mana Bottle is special to me because.. I made it! Inspired by the heart bottle design of course, and someone else (I forgot, sorry!) pitched in the idea of having the star as a logo. So of course it wasn't my idea, but I've been credited as the creator multiple times so that was really cool. I also got a discount on them, of course, so very much appreciated Nokcha @ keypop.net.

kbdmania keycap was from reaper, he gave it to me when I bought his Filco tenkey. It was my first kbd keycap and it goes really nicely with a lot of my blue colour schemes, so thank you reaper.

Pink horsie from boost, coincidentally sent along with the Valentines set. Goes nicely with my pink stuff, thanks boost.

Dan's signature 420 cap designed by MMB. Got in on the sale early for supporting his blog. Any time buddy.

Red on white GEEK HACK key was the first novelty key cap I ever got.

And of course, my soul. Cool story on this one, most people have heard it. I sent out my first Filco to have MMB mod it to ergo clears and all the rest of the cool stuff he offered (on Dan's suggestion). Once he had it all done, he sent it back to me using a cheap method (since he was paying), and what do you know... USPS lost it. So fml, I had to buy a brand new Filco, send it to MMB, pay for shipping back to me, all this crap. I've ended up spending over $1000 to get my Filco the way I want it, which is why I never give it up. But anyway, in return for this favour, I traded MMB my precious Octopink Click Clack (which I'm looking for one btw). I also mentioned something about trading my soul for a bro bot and describing it to be a glowing hot pink colour. So in memory of my CC, I was given a similarly coloured Bro Bot as well as the Bro Bot known as Sifo's Soul. Oh, and just saying I'm pretty sure I was supposed to have gotten one in that first package that got lost, but MMB won't confirm with me xD

The whale! Once I saw these, I knew I had to have one. They're too cute. I busted out my poor Korean and sparked up a convo with girldc and what do you know, after a bit of talking I ended up getting one of the very few two-tone prototype whales! This one features smaller eyes (lol) and no hole in the mouth for light to shine through. And yes I'm wearing a pink shirt. Problem?

So yeah, just had the idea to share some of my special key caps, I obviously have a lot of other caps that I like. We can conclude that I really like pink and blue... Pink is my soul and blue is my spirit.

Here's an LZ for you

« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:56:41 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline Turbo Slaab

Re: Some Of My Keycaps (Photo Blog)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 23:32:22 »
Sweet collection and nice background story! That mystery cap is intriguing!
Looking for CC's!

Offline Sai

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 23:34:01 »
duhh. the black out but the rest are interesting to read :)
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:07:11 »
You forgot the rest of the story....

MMB covered my switches, stickers, lube and labor for the second one, as well as including a **** ton of keycaps and goodies. Also, I paid $24 for the shipping to you, which I don't consider cheap. I failed to use priority with tracking, my bad.

But I will also include some moar goodies for your new LZ ;)
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:09:53 by Bro Caps »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:11:52 »
You forgot the rest of the story....

MMB covered my switches, stickers, lube and labor for the second one, as well as including a **** ton of keycaps and goodies. Also, I paid $24 for the shipping to you, which I don't consider cheap. I failed to use priority with tracking, my bad.

But I will also include some moar goodies for your new LZ ;)

LOL I did mention that you paid for the shipping :( and I did say "all this crap". Was crap for both of us T_T But thanks a lot bro, I never really got around to doing that review but I haven't forgotten about it.
I love Elzy

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:20:40 »
That LZ is one of the best looking keyboards I've seen. It's my favorite along with the "Full Metal Filco".

Offline calavera

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:24:07 »
dat keyboard..mmmmmm

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:24:43 »

Show Image

Is that an Asus motherboard box underneath I see, peeking out?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 26 February 2013, 00:34:39 »
It's a keyboard box... my ASUS mobo box is somewhere else :P

And thanks everyone for checking the thread out ^^
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 February 2013, 00:34:16 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 09:31:31 »
I like NinQ Mod

your keycap verry good conditions.
im not have yet blue NINQ MODS...
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 March 2013, 10:37:39 »
LOL, great caps, but all anyone is going to care about is the nudity bar-blocked keycap! It must be something horrible about the key; made of human bone or something? Is it a Justin Bieber keycap?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 06 March 2013, 22:20:11 »
I like NinQ Mod

your keycap verry good conditions.
im not have yet blue NINQ MODS...

Thank you ^^ I like blue~~

LOL, great caps, but all anyone is going to care about is the nudity bar-blocked keycap! It must be something horrible about the key; made of human bone or something? Is it a Justin Bieber keycap?

Human bone? Heard those were in click clacks.
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: Sifo's Keycap Collection (Photo Blog)
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:43:59 »
Bump because I updated it and didn't want to start a new thread. Sharing my keycaps and the stories behind them because I'm bored today.
I love Elzy

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:51:19 »
It's always awesome seeing people's items/journies. And now you've made me want to make a thread like this rather than do my damn homework...
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:58:42 »
And I should have done my homework more because I'm a terrible writer. Cringe...
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:10:18 »
9/10 would read again

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:14:33 »
9/10 would read again

Was gonna say this. It read fine to me.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:23:14 »
That blue mystery cap looks like a crystal key from Techkeys.  (Breaking Bad set)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:37:35 »
That blue mystery cap looks like a crystal key from Techkeys.  (Breaking Bad set)

I had a couple of those before. This one is kiiiiinda like it but not really.
I love Elzy

Offline SL89

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:40:57 »
I've never been one for the whole artisan caps thing, but a collection like this is more meaningful then most because of all the people you seem to have met along the way. Great collection Sifo.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 17:51:46 »
That is a great collection and some great stories Sifo. :)
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 21:02:39 »
<3 sifo
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 21:18:57 »
Brilliant collection, I'm a bit jelly of all those pink caps, though.  :))

Keep on being Legit, sifo  :thumb:

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 17:02:40 »
This is nice, Sifo <3

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 17:28:07 »
SIFO  <3

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 05 March 2015, 17:35:27 »
Nice collection!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 09:14:52 »
teh dongs

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 06 March 2015, 18:43:34 »

Ayyyyyyyyyy
I love Elzy

Offline FingerSuspect

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 13:55:06 »
I like that easter set.  looks amazing.