Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper  (Read 56286 times)

Offline lekashman

[GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper
« on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:55:41 »
Troubled Minds R2 has officially launched on Kono Store - https://kono.store/products/sa-troubled-minds-keycap-set

Europe Proxy - https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/sa-trouble-minds-alphas_484/
China Proxy - http://www.zfrontier.com/m/3594

(Pictured - Troubled Minds on Kira - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lekashman/kira-mechanical-keyboard )

Troubled Minds has been in the works for quite a while. We are proud to announce that the Group Buy has launched and is taking off like a rocket. The keycap set is designed by the incredible thesiscamper - you can see more of his work here: http://www.keyrenders.com/

We are quite certain this set will be produced at this time - the only question is whether we will reach the 250 count order quantity to achieve a price break on the Alphas and TKL kits. The remaining sets in the buy have been priced around where our keycap group buy model estimates they will reach. Price savings for higher quantities on the other kits are negligible at best beyond where they are currently priced. If we reach 250 Alphas or TKL kits ordered across Kono + all proxies, we will be refunding $5 if one passes the mark or $10 (total) if both pass 250 orders. Only group buy participants who purchase Alphas or TKL are eligible for this potential refund and only one refund will be applied per kit ordered.

The Group Buy will be available until May 11th, 2018, after which we will be placing a purchase order with Signature Plastics. We will over order slightly at that time and re-open the buy with limited quantities so stragglers can still participate. Please be aware that due to incredible demand for SA profile keycaps from Signature Plastics, the lead time on production is extremely long for this production run and the absolute earliest these keycaps will be produced is December 2018.

We are therefore providing a January 2019 estimated ship date for Troubled Minds R2.

Next - this is a very complex and sizable group buy spanning multiple companies and is shipping internationally. If you are going to cancel your order, please do so within the 30 day window. After we place the Purchase Order with Signature Plastics we will not be accepting cancellations for Troubled Minds - though anytime before the purchase order is placed we can refund money immediately.

Orders placed on Kono Store will be fulfilled from our Utah based warehouse - if you order from a proxy, please contact them directly to make adjustments or ask questions about your order. Shipping is auto-calculated based on your location at checkout.

To view the sets and prices, please visit Kono - https://kono.store/products/sa-troubled-minds-keycap-set

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to get the word out about Troubled Minds - we really love this set and are so pleased to help run another round! Both Input Club and thesiscamper will be posting regular pictures of this set (and other keyboard / keycap sets) to our Instagram accounts so you can see our awesome renders.

thesiscamper Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thesiscamper/
Input Club Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/inputclub/

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds R2 by thesiscamper
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:56:28 »
Approved
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:02:13 »
wondering what's the diff between r1 and r2 what's new
I love Elzy

Offline Eggplant

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:37:33 »

I think the purple mods are brand new, as well as the inclusion of some new novelties. Outside of those, I'm not picking up on anything else too drastically different.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 19:47:37 »

I think the purple mods are brand new, as well as the inclusion of some new novelties. Outside of those, I'm not picking up on anything else too drastically different.

All green function row wasn't available before either. But apart from those three things I believe you are correct.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 08:24:31 »
MOQ per kit?

Offline bciamny

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 13:01:45 »
i'm going to guess moq isn't as relevant for this gb as others. the prices for some of the kits seem to reflect what would probably be SP's 50 moq. especially for the Purple Mods and Novelties Kits at $135 and $67 per set, considering you can get a full 104 key set for $135 in some buys. this is probably how they're calculating the risks of the GB. offer one price up and if they have to subsidize the production of one kit for another on the back end, so be it. especially considering a lot of GBs recently haven't been hitting moq for some of the more niche kits.

these prices are disappointing though, not to blame anyone (except maybe SP because i personally believe they're taking a chance to drive up the profit margin based on aftermarket sales in r/mm).

Offline dsaf

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 15:27:30 »
Just noticed there is no 1.25 AltGr / AltGraph key. Was that a deliberate decision? I know most will just use a novelty, just wanted to check if there is a mistake.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 15:31:35 »
Just noticed there is no 1.25 AltGr / AltGraph key. Was that a deliberate decision? I know most will just use a novelty, just wanted to check if there is a mistake.

Looks cleaner with Alt, and 1 less mold, but properly more the former.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 00:05:59 »
Hi all, I just want to reiterate that the official proxies are ZFrontier for China and mykeyboard.eu for Europe, and that any other party trying to run their own group buys through a store/shop account is not authorized. I'm not talking about small groups trying to save on shipping.

Second, mykeyboard.eu is planning to do a giveaway for some great-looking sleeves, and they are willing to do this for everyone who joins, not only for EU. :)

Third, I talked to kono and we're planning to remove the extra 1.5u and 1u keys on the ErgoDox Kit. Please note that this will not translate to significant savings, but it's savings nonetheless.

Here are a couple of photos of the sweet sleeves necrowomanx made:

193809-0193811-1

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 01:45:52 »
Are we all getting the sleeve?

No, sorry for the confusion. They will be raffled, but I'm not sure how many will be made at this moment.

Offline 40keyless

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 08:10:45 »
INSANE keyset, love it

Offline bluesclera

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 20:05:10 »
Will buy but price seem on the high side, came out to over $400 for full Green and Purple coverage with Novelties.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 10:35:05 »
INSANE keyset, love it

Glad you like it enough to use a pun :D

Will buy but price seem on the high side, came out to over $400 for full Green and Purple coverage with Novelties.

Hi, thanks for joining the buy despite of the price, the price drop for alphas and TKL should be within reach, so that's a bit of savings for most people. Vendors are preparing stuff for giveaways, from artisans to sleeves so stay tuned! :)

Here are a couple of mock-ups with the NorDeUK kit, I hope the keys I used are correct :D

Offline online

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:55:45 »
Hi all, I just want to reiterate that the official proxies are ZFrontier for China and mykeyboard.eu for Europe, and that any other party trying to run their own group buys through a store/shop account is not authorized. I'm not talking about small groups trying to save on shipping.

Second, mykeyboard.eu is planning to do a giveaway for some great-looking sleeves, and they are willing to do this for everyone who joins, not only for EU. :)

Third, I talked to kono and we're planning to remove the extra 1.5u and 1u keys on the ErgoDox Kit. Please note that this will not translate to significant savings, but it's savings nonetheless.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

How many keys will be removed on the ErgoDox Kit? I'm planning to use it as blank keys set for my macro board, so every blank 1u and 2u keys are valuable to me.

Also, will mykeyboard.eu refund the different for TKL and Alpha when they reached the next price point?
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 April 2018, 15:57:23 by online »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 18:27:03 »

How many keys will be removed on the ErgoDox Kit? I'm planning to use it as blank keys set for my macro board, so every blank 1u and 2u keys are valuable to me.

Also, will mykeyboard.eu refund the different for TKL and Alpha when they reached the next price point?

We intend to remove 2x1.5u and 2x1u, both R1.We'll have to wait for kono's confirmation on whether they will be removed or not.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 03:28:10 »
:( I was really looking forward to this but WTF is going on with some of those kits? Was any serious thought given to different layout coverage or were keys randomly drawn out of a bag?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 04:08:42 »
:( I was really looking forward to this but WTF is going on with some of those kits? Was any serious thought given to different layout coverage or were keys randomly drawn out of a bag?

There was a very active interest check thread that went on for weeks to decide on the kits. I'm sorry we didn't tailor everything to your needs.

Offline necromanx

• mykeyboard.eu
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 06:34:55 »

yes ;-)

Offline online

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 08:06:02 »

yes ;-)

Nice. Thanks.

We intend to remove 2x1.5u and 2x1u, both R1.We'll have to wait for kono's confirmation on whether they will be removed or not.

I hope this not gonna happen, as you said earlier, the saving is not that big. I'd prefer to pay the already high price for more caps to have flixiblity/futureproofing.

Offline parityb1t

• 60% or less \m/
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 17:53:07 »

There was a very active interest check thread that went on for weeks to decide on the kits. I'm sorry we didn't tailor everything to your needs.

It was indeed. Surprisingly the numbers still favour these kits. I actually was quite surprised that people who are into custom mechs (aka non-standard layouts) != people who buy these keycaps
Alps64 w/ Orange Alps | SatanGH60 Gartistotles

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 18:12:47 »

It was indeed. Surprisingly the numbers still favour these kits. I actually was quite surprised that people who are into custom mechs (aka non-standard layouts) != people who buy these keycaps

Well not everyone just needs a 1.75u Shift or whatever that one key is, there are plenty of 1800 people who need the rest of the keys, and 60% users who need short right shift and non-standard bottom row mods, and so on.

yes ;-)

Nice. Thanks.

I hope this not gonna happen, as you said earlier, the saving is not that big. I'd prefer to pay the already high price for more caps to have flixiblity/futureproofing.

We will look into this some more.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 April 2018, 19:24:34 by thesiscamper »

Offline Max_P0

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 23:26:33 »
Hey does anyone know how much the prices will go down if a specific number of units have been purchased ?

Offline Tree_

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 02:28:13 »

Well not everyone just needs a 1.75u Shift or whatever that one key is, there are plenty of 1800 people who need the rest of the keys, and 60% users who need short right shift and non-standard bottom row mods, and so on.

I mean, understandably this seems like the opinion of the few, but I'm part of the "everyone" that will probably give this a miss - $86AUD for Non-Standard to use three caps is mind boggling and I just can't justify it.

As I said in the interest check thread: Absolutely amazing set and I can still only dream of one day owning it, but $320AUD retail to get novelties and compatibility for my board is ludicrous.

(To be clear though, that's not a criticism towards thesiscamper or anyone involved with running this GB; I wouldn't know where to add these keys otherwise to make compatibility easier - It's just that this is insanely expensive for anything other than a 60% or TKL without novelties.)
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 06:41:48 by Tree_ »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 08:19:45 »
It's all good. It's either the kit is missing that one key you need, or you only need one key and the rest is useless, both valid reasons not to buy.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 09:19:46 »
Awesome set @thesiscamper. I've been hoping it would come around again since I first saw it and salivating since I saw the IC thread appear for round 2. I'm not even a huge fan of high profiles, but I went all in on this one. 100 bucks was a bit of a tough bullet to bite for the 40s kit, but it gives the 2u shift for my gk64, keys necessary for Kira when it comes, as well as enough other odds and ends that I'm sure I'll be able to toss this on whatever Frankenstein layout board I decide on next. Might there be any way we can see updates of number of kits sold? Just curious as to how many others are also willing to spend this much on plastic pieces 8 months in advance. Well done and good luck on sales!

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 10:51:50 »
The one set I really wanted and glad to see a round 2. If I place an order will it charge me right away or wait for group buy to end?

Offline Wintervocal

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 14:18:09 »
Any chance to change one of R2 1.5u in the Ergo kit to purple?
Looking to fill a macro pad with these and purple would look really nice.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 16:43:54 »
Awesome set @thesiscamper. I've been hoping it would come around again since I first saw it and salivating since I saw the IC thread appear for round 2. I'm not even a huge fan of high profiles, but I went all in on this one. 100 bucks was a bit of a tough bullet to bite for the 40s kit, but it gives the 2u shift for my gk64, keys necessary for Kira when it comes, as well as enough other odds and ends that I'm sure I'll be able to toss this on whatever Frankenstein layout board I decide on next. Might there be any way we can see updates of number of kits sold? Just curious as to how many others are also willing to spend this much on plastic pieces 8 months in advance. Well done and good luck on sales!

Thank you for the support! I'm working on having the numbers but the kono team is currently on a business trip for a week. I'll ask them to give an update as soon as they can.
edit: I might have misunderstood you on this one, but you don't need 2u Shift for the KIRA 96-key, it uses 1.75u short right Shift.

The one set I really wanted and glad to see a round 2. If I place an order will it charge me right away or wait for group buy to end?

I believe it will charge you right away, if the 250 units for alphas and TKL are met then a refund will be given.

Any chance to change one of R2 1.5u in the Ergo kit to purple?
Looking to fill a macro pad with these and purple would look really nice.

Unfortunately changing anything at this point is unlikely, unless the change is critical like wrong keys included. Also we'll get complaints.

Kits sold as of 4-20 (GMT +8)
194131-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 April 2018, 19:26:15 by thesiscamper »

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 April 2018, 19:40:27 »

edit: I might have misunderstood you on this one, but you don't need 2u Shift for the KIRA 96-key, it uses 1.75u short right Shift.

Kits sold as of 4-20 (GMT +8)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for looking out! Ya I meant that I need the 2u shift for GK64, and then the 1.75u shift for the Kira, both of which (plus a bunch of 40% and other specialty board keys) are in the 40s kit, so it made the extra price tag on it worth it for me. (Also, the text direction keys are a nice touch.)

Thanks for the update on the numbers as well!

Offline Autorefresh

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 22:15:49 »
How long will this GB be open for?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #32 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 22:29:39 »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 00:03:23 »
beautiful... but 2019??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 22 April 2018, 00:35:41 »
beautiful... but 2019??

it's SA, after all
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 09:59:52 »
We haven't received updated numbers from kono yet since last time, but we're at 191 alphas and 166 TKL kits just from ZFrontier and mykeyboard.eu sales update. :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 April 2018, 22:30:37 by thesiscamper »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 16:25:29 »
We haven't received updated numbers from kono yet since last time, but we're at 191 alphas and 166 TKL kits just from ZFrontier and mykeyboard.eu's update. :)

holy ****

many
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 25 April 2018, 22:37:21 »
ZFrontier will be giving away some artisan caps made by Gen.s and anyone who joins the buy through ZFrontier, kono and mykeyboard.eu has a chance to win them.

A total of 3 caps to be raffled, one for each vendor. The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

« Last Edit: Thu, 26 April 2018, 01:05:17 by thesiscamper »

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 26 April 2018, 19:30:25 »
Got paid today and put my order in ^_^ now I will forget I bought it and have a nice surprise in January.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 07:06:22 »
ZFrontier will be giving away some artisan caps made by Gen.s and anyone who joins the buy through ZFrontier, kono and mykeyboard.eu has a chance to win them.

A total of 3 caps to be raffled, one for each vendor. The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

Show Image

Those guys are bad ass. I really like the look of them! Great job as usual!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 17:06:24 »
Got paid today and put my order in ^_^ now I will forget I bought it and have a nice surprise in January.

Thank you for joining! We should have a nice update on Monday.  :)

Show Image

Those guys are bad ass. I really like the look of them! Great job as usual!

I believe it's the same guy who made the "Human After All" Daft Punk caps seen on Massdrop.  :thumb:

Offline dsaf

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 18:27:13 »
...The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

"Available for purchase" as in "pick what you like" or as in "pay for an artisan raffle"?

Offline KhalBrogo

« Reply #42 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 19:23:46 »
I bought the Kira from Kickstarter and this is the keyset I have been waiting for since I missed out on the first one. If I want to cover the Kira am I correct that I would need the Alphas, TKL, numpad, and non-standard/40s? I also want the novelties, would that be enough to replace the TKL?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 03:53:00 »
...The other caps will only be available for purchase for group buy participants who get their set from the official vendors, here are some samples (excluding the red cap):

"Available for purchase" as in "pick what you like" or as in "pay for an artisan raffle"?

I asked ZF for clarification and will get back to you.

I bought the Kira from Kickstarter and this is the keyset I have been waiting for since I missed out on the first one. If I want to cover the Kira am I correct that I would need the Alphas, TKL, numpad, and non-standard/40s? I also want the novelties, would that be enough to replace the TKL?

Thank you for supporting both Kira and Troubled Minds. You will need Alphas, TKL, numpad and non-standard, the novelties won't replace TKL.

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:35:40 »
What would I need to purchase for a white Fox keyboard? Very confusing ****.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:42:27 »

Alphas + Modifiers + Non-Standard

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:43:33 »
You're the best. Thank you so much!

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:47:33 »

Which one is the modifiers? Purple modifiers or the 40's

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:51:25 »

Sorry, it's called TKL for this set. So Alphas + TKL + Non-Standard.

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 29 April 2018, 11:52:55 »

Sorry, it's called TKL for this set. So Alphas + TKL + Non-Standard.
Thank you good sir.